[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supereffective on >Grass >Psychic >Dark Not very effective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon-bug-logo.png (11KB, 501x195px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-bug-logo.png
11KB, 501x195px
Supereffective on
>Grass
>Psychic
>Dark
Not very effective on
>Steel
>Fire
>Flying
>Poison

Not effective on
>Bug

Weak to
>Fire
>Rock
>Flying

Resistant to
>Grass
>Ground
>Fighting
>Fairy
>Dark

Immune to
>Bug

Did I fix the type?
>>
>>31613261
Bug is supposed to be underpowered. The whole point of bugs was that they have a lot of weaknesses, but they get balanced out because they evolve extremely early compared to everything else. That's also why they're so prevelant in the early routes. You're supposed to use bug types for the first couple gyms, and then switch them for another mon once it's grown enough to evolve.

We had like three fucking threads on this yesterday.

>inb4 "but volcarona"
exceptions to the rule exist.
>>
>bugs immune to bugs
Also the type is meant to be shit-tier, most bug types are early-game, easy to obtain, and easy to raise. Most of the exceptions are the harder to catch ones, like Heracross or Larvesta.
The type only holds back things like butterfree, which have to be shitter-tier because you can get the thing at level 10.
You balance bug types for meta use by giving them good breed moves and such, the type itself works fine for the best bugs in the game, like Scizor and Forretress
>>
>>31613261
>pheromosa
>buzzwole
>mega-scizor

bug doesn't need fixing you deluded bugfag. bugs have some of the most dominant pokemon in the current meta right now
>>
>>31613261
Fighting has every right to resist bug, you moron. If any, it should be bugs who shouldn't resist fighting. Bugs are squashed easily

Also
>not effective on bug
>immune to bug
>>
Does anyone else realize that the Bug type is actually much much better competitively than it could be?

Like there's no reason for Bug not to be weak to Ice and Electric. They probably just didn't want to make Bug suck because bugcatching was what inspired pokémon in the first place.
>>
>>31613395
Cant wait for bugfags to claim this is due to their secondary typing when the ONLT fighting types in OU right now are part bugs, and Pheromosa relies a lot on U turn and Buzzwole relies on Leech Life and Lunge a lot
>>
>>31613308
That was a shit argument in the last three threads and it's still a shit one now
>>
Bug should be
>Strong against grass, dark and psychic
>Resisted by fire, flying, poison, fairy, steel, fighting and ghost
>Resistant to grass, ground and fighting, but also fairy, and maybe poison
All of bug's current atributes are ok, and resisting a strong type like fairy and a defensive type like poison would be all that it needs to get a boost without breaking the type chart in my opinion.

It is not a problem that bug is resisted by 7 types, as long as it gets useful moves: more things in the vein of u-turn, sticky web, quiver dance, first impression, tail glow, buffed leech life, lunge, etc. those are the kind of above-average-useful moves the pokemon of this type need.

Bug would also benefit a lot from having a status immunity like other types (i.e.: fire is immune to burn). If bug was immune to sleep for example, they'd trade their use of rest (which not many bugs really use to begin with) for being able to piss all over spore users, and bugs with insomnia and overcoat could get better abilities.

Bug definitely does not need to be immune to itself. That not only doesn't make sense, but it also hinders weak bug types than it buffs strong bug types
>>
Actually, it would be kinda nice if something was immune to Bug. I fucking hate U-turn spam, but that's more about hating that particular move more than the type itself.

Honestly, I think U-Turn was a mistake.
>>
>>31613308
Then just make all early game bugs shitmons, don't cripple the entire type
>>
>>31613568
Finally someone gets the reason why I made Bug immune to itself.
>>
>>31613619
It is a stupid reason, that's probably why it took so long for someone to find out.

Why would you make an entire type immune to a single spammable move, hurting most of the weaker members of that type in the process, that won't even be able to use their bug STAB against stronger bugs because "fuk u blocking u-turn is more important", when you could instead have been creative and made an ability that negated bug type damage and giving it to specific weak bug types (or heck, any weak mon that made sense with such an ability), buffing them and creating an anti u-turn niche in the process?
>>
>>31613568
That is why Fairy-Type resists Bug. U-Turn's cancerous nature acts as a balance for the type's underwhelming nature.
>>
>>31613261
>bug immune to bug
This is beyond retarded
>>
Only thing I'll say is that there is no reason fairy should resist bug.
>>
>>31613888
>>31613755
>>
Bug doesn't need fixing, it's supposed to be a shitty defensive and offensive typing with great moves. U-Turn, Leech Life, Sticky Web, Tail Glow, Quiver Dance, Lunge, Megahorn, Bug Buzz, and First Impression are all great moves balanced by either their typing or their availability.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.