[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any pokemon become OU with a couple of tweaks like Pelipper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170122_161754434_HDR.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170122_161754434_HDR.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Can any pokemon become OU with a couple of tweaks like Pelipper and Mantine?
>>
Some pokemon need more than a couple of tweaks. Massive shitmons like Spinda, the majority of first route bugs, Carnivine, etc need a lot of shit to become even remotely viable

Honestly, just changing the game so speed isn't so important would make a lot more pokemon viable
>>
File: pichubattle.png (16KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
pichubattle.png
16KB, 256x192px
>>31605070
>Pichu used Nuzzle!
>>
>>31605070
>Smogon
Impossible as long as Stealth Rock exists.
>>
>>31605070
+10 speed Hydra
>>
>>31605143
Yet Charizard, Volcarona, and Ho-oh are some of the best Pokemon competitively. Fuck off with this bullshit.
>>
Everything has 120 attack/special attack/speed and movepools on par of Lucario, greninja, and garchomp
>>
File: Capture.jpg (69KB, 910x588px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
69KB, 910x588px
I can't help but feel its Smogon page is uncharacteristically optimistic

>60HP/100Def is "huge" defensive bulk
>Four commonly learned moves is tons of utility
>It's slow but hey I guess there's an upside
>With investment it can avoid being 2HKOd by neutral, non-STAB special hits

Not that it's really awful, but I've used it and there are a ton of BL and UU Pokémon with analyses that constantly describe them as utter shit which I've found far more reliable than Pelipper
>>
>>31605250
It's because the only metagame they really care about is OU.
>>
>>31605250

I'll defend the low speed. Slow U-turn/Volt switch is actually very useful. You don't want frail but powerful pokemon having to take a hit to come in.

I use a forretress with volt switch even though volt switch on that thing does zero damage, it lets team mates avoid the hit
>>
>>31605250
The only thing there that sounds overly optimistic is "huge defensive bulk".
It's good bulk but I wouldn't call it huge.
The rest of that is fine, and slow Uturn is a good thing.
>>
>>31605188
Putting charizard in there almost devalues the rest of the argument, because he is skimming ou barely, only really zard x matters and barely
>>
>>31605102
How would you even do that without making it an RNG fuckfest?
>>
>>31605250

Being slow is good for U-turn/Volt Switch users for the reasons stated

Pelipper itself is not a great mon, but it's great because of the support it provides with U-turn and its rain
>>
Have the Speed difference between two mons be calculated,and add half of it to the slower mon's defence stats.60 Speed difference gives +30 to Def and Sp.Def for example.
>>
Is pelliper really that much better that politoed wasn't able to make it into OU?
>>
>>31605496
>Zard X has 7.9% usage
>barely skimming OU
>>
>>31605188
They would be pretty broken thanks to gamefreaks incompetence/favoritism. 1 mon with 2 specialized megas with top abilities, one of the best boosting moves on a bug with actual stats and a legendary with one of the best abilities in the game instead of something like every other legend with pressure. Add burn-immunity, type with the second most resistances and good movepool...
But 2 wrongs doesn't make a right. SR keeps them in check, but every bird, bug, ice and outclassed fire-type becomes unviable.
>>
>>31605566
>Stall becomes completely unstoppable
>>
>>31605593
Politoad was trash last gen too due to no more perma weather.

Pelipper is a good mon with slow turns, recovery, while also setting rain, Politoad was only good because it set rain.
>>
>>31605611
There's still a handful of bug, fire, and flying-types in OU alone. And plenty of Pokemon that are still usable in the tier despite not having high enough usage.
>>
>>31605250
It's pretty good bulk when you consider it has reliable recovery
>>
>>31605672

and Perish Song niche
>>
>>31605611
I remember a few years back there was a test ladder where SR was banned and literally none of the bug or ice shitmons became more prevalent. IRC the only pokemon that became more viable was moltres. Also stall became much stronger.
>>
>>31605611
>They would be pretty broken thanks to gamefreaks incompetence/favoritism.
Their checks wouldn't be damaged by Stealth Rock.

Stealth Rock turns 3HKOs into 2HKOs. It's more potent offensively than defensively, a Charizard doesn't cares if it's at 100% or 75% health since it'll be the one striking first.

Whick leads us to idiocy such as Choice Scarf Pheromosa. When defense is unviable (without full teams of defensive pokemon, aka stall), the only other option is "faster and stronger".
>>
Of course, although some may need more tweaks than others.
>>
>>31605508

You'd have to abandon turn-based.
>>
>>31605496
>only really zard x matters and barely
1100 elo spotted
>>
>>31607658
>pokemon becomes atb-based, with speed dictating how fast the meter recharges
Yes please
>>
>>31607907
>Faster pokemon now also get more turns
How is this not making them even stronger?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.