[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/inter views/#/ds/pokemon/0/1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Gold_EN_boxart.png (139KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Gold_EN_boxart.png
139KB, 250x250px
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/ds/pokemon/0/1

>Iwata: You've just used the term "ultimate" and I feel that even in their names, Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver12 were meant to be the ultimate in Pokémon games.

>Ishihara: That's right. After we released Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, we began working on these titles, thinking that the ultimate in Pokémon games could only ever be Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver.

>Iwata: Not in your wildest dream did you think that you'd be making more and more games after Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver. (laughs)

>Ishihara: The reason that I licensed so many products and developed things like the trading cards was basically to ensure that Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver were successful. I felt that this was my primary role. So at that time, I worked with the assumption that after we put out Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver, my work as far as Pokémon was concerned would be done.

>Iwata: I see.

>Ishihara: So for me, Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver represented the finish line.

>Iwata: They were the finish line?

>Ishihara: I didn't intend to make any more Pokémon titles. I even thought that once we entered the twenty-first century, it would be time for me to do something else entirely. (laughs)

How do you thing Pokemon would be if it actually "stopped" after the release of Gold and Silver? Would it still be a hit today, bring remakes of the originals and/or more, or do you think it would have been better off this way and cut short?
>>
File: 1477425133511.jpg (2MB, 2494x3127px) Image search: [Google]
1477425133511.jpg
2MB, 2494x3127px
>>31603871
The real Gen 3 should've never been cancelled. Pic related.

Masuda was a mistake.
>>
>>31603871
All hope for the series died with Iwata.
>>
>>31604089
these all look like shit
>>
>>31603871
It's a shame they sucked.

The series would've gone out on a sour note.
>>
>>31604089
>Electrode evolution
>Kelpie-based line

B A S E D
>>
>>31604089
Nice fakedex we got here
>>
>>31604089
What is this exactly?
>>
File: 1483755444520.jpg (719KB, 1308x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1483755444520.jpg
719KB, 1308x1700px
>>31603871
>Ishihara: That's right. After we released Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, we began working on these titles, thinking that the ultimate in Pokémon games could only ever be Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver.
Thank you for the last hurrah for Pokemon.
>>
OP Here.

Maybe im being biased, but i too think that G/S/C were the top point of the series. The games were packed with quality content and provided great post-game and even had a premitive yet interesting online features. Granted, the series wouldnt be the same if it stopped then but i wouldnt mind it with an end on the release of Gen 2 and probably their remakes. I dont know but for me since Gen 3 pokemon feels a bit different and that grows with each Gen and not different in a good way.
>>
>>31604215
>Hall of Shame
>Platinum, B2W2

What the fuck are you doing
>>
>>31603871
It'd be a strange world where we would actually be able to coexist with genwunners, but normies would've never stopped seeing Pokémon as anything more than a dead fad.
>>
>>31604215
>people still pretend that gen1 and gen2 are good

They're fucking abominations. Go ahead and completely replay the original pokemon red and blue, and see how much you really like them.
>>
>>31604147

NOT EVERYTHING THAT'S FAKE LOOKS LIKE SHIT YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKING MOTHERFUCKER.
>>
>>31604275
it's just a genwunner and his shitty opinion.
>>
Series should have ended at HGSS. The only worthwhile change since then has been number of Pokemon and fairy type.

New games are good on their own, but I'm getting tired.
>>
>>31604302
They're awesome games though. But pretty much everything that made them great was carried over to the sequels.
>>
>>31604319

Go home casual

>Getting tired

My ass

Pokémon is about seeing new Pokémon and competitive shitposts
>>
>>31604215
>making it this obvious you're a genwunner.
>>
>>31604302

I do still play Red from time to time. Still enjoy it, even with its flaws. They were amazing handheld games for the time. GoldenEye doesn't hold up as well today, but it was still revolutionary at the time.
>>
File: sad dongs.gif (736KB, 451x322px) Image search: [Google]
sad dongs.gif
736KB, 451x322px
>tfw Game Freak doesn't make every game as if it was the last one
>>
>>31604451

They don't need to be Sakurai

Because he did a really shitty job in sm4sh, and I love that game
>>
>>31604451

BW2 did

Sun and Moon probably would've if it wasn't Rushed
>>
I'm 25 and I think crystal is by far the best game. I loved gold/silver but seeing moving sprites and the way crystal did color was awesome.
>>
>>31604302
>Go ahead and completely replay the original pokemon red and blue, and see how much you really like them.
I like them enough to have more play time on Virtual Console Blue than on SM.
>>
the only reason GSC (well, actually only Crystal) are perceived as the best in the series is that they were the only generation that only added stuff on top of the previous one without removing anything. They're more akin to an upgrade of RBY than a stand-alone generation.
>>
>>31604546
>only added stuff on top of the previous one without removing anything.

They removed Safari Zone
>>
>>31603871
they keep adding weird and extraneous features like festival plaza rather than fleshing out the actual game. This is my only issue with the modern titles other than the aliasing of 3d models caused by the 3ds's shitty resolution, the washed out colors of the models in 3D games, and the lifelessness of the 3d models. (Why introduce 3D models of pokemon if they barely fucking move outside of attack animations)
>>
>>31604580
That was due to cartridge size more than anything, its a miracle we got Kanto aswell. And its not like it wasnt planned.
>>
>>31604302
>abominations
the gen 1 games didn't age very well, but they didn't age that badly
>>
>>31603871

It should have ended after Gen2 because Gamefreak is a shitty company on par with Bethesda.

Pokemon was a mistake.
>>
> RBY didn't age well
Most of the people who write here probably weren't even liquid in their father's ballsacks when Gen I was released.
>>
>>31604616
That was due to incompetence, not cartridge size. Amateur ROM hackers have added all the missing areas and them some to Kanto without exceeding the size limits.
>>
>>31604716
> It should have ended after Gen2 because Gamefreak is a shitty company on par with Bethesda.

I wouldn't go THAT far, but desu... fuck them both.
Bethesda games are probably the only bugfests that are bigger clusterfucks than Red and Blue.
>>
>>31604616
Safari zone was removed because of glitch city and missingno.
>>
>>31604749
You do realize rom hacks dont have limited capacity and you can literally add anything?
>>
>>31604546
The sheer amount of things that were added eclipses any generation that followed.

GSC was the great leap forward for the series.
>>
>>31604546
>>31604961

I agree in terms of what you can do

That still doesn't excuse the poor use

Kanto was fine despite being a late addition without Safari, really suprised at that

But johto could've been better, it's very wrong in it's aspects and Pokémon to find
>>
>>31604275
>>31604309
they have shit mons, shit chara designs, shit maps and are over the top cheesy pretentious garbage.
BW 1 at least had cool character designs.
>>
>>31604089
they all look the same lol
>>
>>31604302
The amount of improvements and additions from Gen 1 to 2 is like another franshise
>>
>>31604089
Don't worry anon, I like them. Especially the old sugimori style.
>>
>>31603871
Gen II felt like a complement of Gen I and you can tell by the way they talk about it. Gen III felt like they wanted to explore a new area of the Pokemon world, hence why there's only two evolutionary relatives from previous Pokemon in the entire dex and the rest are original.

Gen IV and forward have always felt like shameless cashgrab. This is why the series died with Emerald/FRLG for me. Gen IV is like a shitty fanfiction with a PokeGod and everything. Gen V and VI are GameFreak trying to save a franchise that was dying off faster than they expected. Gen VII, the worst of all, was simply them trying to ride the sudden Pokemon Go wave. Literally all Pokemon games from Gen IV and up have no soul to them. No dedication like the previous 3 gens had. You can tell that they're all sick of Pokemon back at Game Freak. They want to just let it die but they can't because money.
>>
>>31604089
That brown bear thing looks like ursurang
>>
>>31608119
>Gen VII, the worst of all, was simply them trying to ride the sudden Pokemon Go wave
The fuck you talking about? How long do you think it takes to develop these video games?
>>
>>31604089
But gen 3 was better than GSC by a large margin.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.