[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think pokehacking improves or worsens the state of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 234632462346234.jpg (11KB, 349x145px) Image search: [Google]
234632462346234.jpg
11KB, 349x145px
Do you think pokehacking improves or worsens the state of the game? Say you're given the chance to permanently remove all save file editing in the community, do you do it?

Also, arguments have been posted time and time again on how hacking is inevitable because the grind to get a competitive team is too time consuming. What, if anything, does nintendo do to fix this?
>>
I don't think it really matters that much and people should be able to do what they want or don't want with what they paid $39.99 USD plus possibly sales tax for
>>
>>31603848
Well that's only applicable to single-player games.

It's 100% cheating if it takes me 10 hours to get a pokemon, and you can get it in 10 minutes.

You get all that extra time to continue testing your team and learning the metagame.

Hacking really fucks up the game. It fucks up the GTS, it fucks up VGC, it fucks up everybody that plays legitimately. Why should I work for a week to get a team that's competitive just to have a chance against somebody that got theirs in a fraction of the time? If something on my team doesn't work out, then there's a massive amount of effort to fix that problem. I don't get perfect legendaries, not all my mons are hypertrained with the perfect Hidden Power, and I can't get any egg move I want.

You can't skip parts of the game you don't like. The game isn't just battling, otherwise every mon would be 5IV and you could pick and choose what HP, nature, and Ability you want.

Would I remove all save editing from the community? Yes, but that's not what I want to do.I want to remove all save editing's online presence. No hacked mons on GTS, Battle Spot, or in VGC. If you want to hack to complete your dex or to just play with your friends, then fine. But keep it to yourselves, don't contaminate the GTS, and don't ruin the spirit of competition.

Also, moves like Hidden Power should just be removed. I feel it's a huge cause. It's a great move to round out a movepool, but it's practically impossible to manipulate and get the correct HP without cheating, especially on legendaries. If it weren't for HP, breeding competitive mons would be much easier.
>>
itt: people too dumb to hack their 3ds
>>
i inject all the time and it definitely does worsen the state of the game, and game freak definitely needs to change something about breeding to make it faster and easier.
>>
>>31604021
>You can't skip parts of the game you don't like. The game isn't just battling, otherwise every mon would be 5IV and you could pick and choose what HP, nature, and Ability you want.

If they did that, Pokemon would EXPLODE as an E-sport, but okay. Keep those shitty game mechanics in there to make the bike-autists feel better about their worthless free time.
>>
>>31603810
>do you do it?
Yes, but only because injectfags are so obnoxious.
>>
I would say yes. Some people do things in 10 minutes that take others hours. If we took that advantage away more work would be required to actually get anywhere. In my opinion that's better, but half of this board hacks so whatever.

The one thing that bugs me is that when people use the excuse "It takes too long to get good pokemon" bothers me. That's the whole point. The game is supposed to make you work hard to earn something. It's like hacking amazing running abilities into you're life and saying "It would have taken too long to practice."
>>
>>31604086
>People that breed are autists
>Playing pokemon competitively
sure yeah w/e lol
>>
>>31604132
A kid's game shouldn't need work.
>>
>>31604132
It doesn't require HARD work, it requires mindless running around in circles

Every breeder already uses hacked 31 IV Shiny Japanese Dittos of every nature, so may as well go all the way and just inject
>>
>>31604294
That doesn't make any sense and you know it.

Giving everything to the player in a silver plate is what's wrong with almost everygame nowadays. Even worse in "children game", as if most of children weren't spoiled enough.
>>
>>31604332
Talk for yourself; I don't care about people who inject, just don't come near me and start screaming "just inject it lol" when you know that I bred my Pokémon. Yes, I had the bad luck of knowing people that actively do that.

I dedicated a few hours to chain Ditto and have a reasonable pool of options to start breeding and after that everything went smooth.

Yes, it takes more time breeding, leveling and training a Pokémon that just injecting it, but it's somewhat relaxing and when you're done you feel a little acomplishment about it.
>>
File: 1485746988029.jpg (35KB, 303x331px) Image search: [Google]
1485746988029.jpg
35KB, 303x331px
The number of faggots learning how to inject is about to quadruple with the competition-excl(is this pokemon shuffle lol)usive mega stones
>>
>>31603810
>Do you think pokehacking improves or worsens the state of the game?
Worsens. Less reason to trade and interact with other people. Cheapens the collecting considerably. Global missions failing because not enough people participate in them. Hackers having an obvious advantage in online battles. Probably more that I'm forgetting.
>Say you're given the chance to permanently remove all save file editing in the community, do you do it?
Yes, even though I use it myself sometimes.
>What, if anything, does nintendo do to fix this?
>nintendo
Anyway, the only permanent fix would be making the games always online like all the mobage with any collecting aspect do nowadays. Other solution would be hoping that either Nintendo or GameFreak somehow get their heads out of their collective asses, but with their "minimum effort, maximum proffit" approach I don't really see that happening anytime soon.
>>
>>31604512
>Hackers having an obvious advantage in online battles
Which is?
>>
>>31604512
>Global missions failing because not enough people participate in them
That happens because most people don't know that they or even the PGL exist at all, or if they do they just don't care.
>>
>>31604086
There's an easy solution:

Just let people design their perfect team for competitions, but those mons aren't part of your personal collection.
>>
>>31605495
Then what would be the point in breeding and all that?
>>
>>31604801

Comparatively instant access to a diverse array of battle-perfect pokemon? Are you retarded?
>>
>>31605788
Your personal collection and pride at being able to use your personal mons in competition.

Literally the only other way to cut back on injecting is to casualize the game so hard that putting together a perfect team takes no time at all. Enabling proxy pokes just for the esports lovers is the better solution.
>>
>>31603810
>implying nintendo needs to fix anything
Don't blame Nintendo for your own actions. They don't owe you anything.
>>
>>31605890
>casualizing the game so hard

And then most people complain that there's no point in playing at all. Congratulations, you made the whole game unnecessary.

Allow people to play competitive from their computers, wait, that's Showdown, what you want is Showdown.

Breeding isn't hard and isn't that time consuming, the tools are there. Sure, leveling up to 100 is a chore but you only need that for few mixed attackers and legends, and with the proper tools you can raise one Pokémon to 100 per day in just an hour at most.
>>
>>31605943
>And then most people complain that there's no point in playing at all. Congratulations, you made the whole game unnecessary.

It already is with injecting.

The difference is with my solution, the people who just want to play esports aren't also pumping the GTC and Wonder Trade full of generated mons.

If your solution to injecting is just to tell people "guys please stop" then good luck with that.
>>
The time consumption argument is bullshit

Showdown exists solely as a battle simulator lacking all raising mechanics. If you really wanted to test something, you'd go there and what worked, you could commit to raise.

>in b4 hurr durr different metas

you could easily set up a vgc meta or a battle season meta
>>
File: Make Pokémon Great Again.jpg (60KB, 930x558px) Image search: [Google]
Make Pokémon Great Again.jpg
60KB, 930x558px
>>31603810
I'd just like to be able to battle or trade online and IRL and not expect hacked mons. They're ubiquitous right now.

I like to think that Super Training/Pelago and Hyper Training were steps in the right direction. Natures are the last step. I'd rather folks inject some dumb bottlecap than shiny 6IV Pokérus ubers.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.