[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think the two game tradition should die and Game Freak should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Ferd-black-knight.png (559KB, 860x783px) Image search: [Google]
Ferd-black-knight.png
559KB, 860x783px
I think the two game tradition should die and Game Freak should give us one good game that feels complete with both legends in them. Game Freak as a company gets away with too much shit already and to think they are the developers for a series like Pokemon. It's pathetic.
>>
But then the value add of bringing friends together to socialize and trade with each other is lost
That's what Pokémon is all about; making friends.
>>
>>31601212

The whole fucking point of two versions is to give people an incentive to trade with each other; that's it

Masuda and Ohmori have gone on record stating that they view Pokemon as a communication tool
>>
>in Sun and Moon you can go through a portal to the other game world

You should have been able to catch the other game's exclusive mon's while you were there. Or evolve yours into the other game's exclusive forms like Lycanroc.
>>
>>31601225
You can still trade with each other just fine. People will trade with each other regardless.
>>
File: 1483755444520.jpg (719KB, 1308x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1483755444520.jpg
719KB, 1308x1700px
>>31601212
>Game Freak should give us one good game that feels complete with both legends in them
So, Gold and Silver.
>>
>>31601225
>>31601236
and yet they give people less and less incentive to do so through GTS

I have a bunch of friends who bought the opposite version as me but I still got version exclusives through GTS because it was faster and easier to chuck my own version's exclusive up and wait 20 seconds
>>
>>31601236
>The whole fucking point of two versions is to give people an incentive to trade with each other; that's it
You can do this by just selling one game in which the pokemon available varies from one copy to another, or perhaps from one save game to another.
>>
>>31601212
The dual game concept is a good idea but they're bad at differentiating them enough. They pick, like, three new Pokemon, three old Pokemon and make them exclusive to each version, and the invariably Ubers tier box legendary.

If it were me, I'd do this:
>Two versions
>Difficulty modes available in both versions
>Story is different (i.e. starting town, which evil team you fight, etc) depending on which version you get
>Make a LOT more Pokemon exclusive - all Pokemon are available but split between the two versions
>>
What if the two games had different plots? Two different protags that start in different areas of the region (or make two regions, the other being postgame) and the plots occasionally intersect. You'll chalenge gyms in a different order, still have different version exclusives, and meet characters from the other game. The other version protag could be a postgame battle.
>>
>>31601412
That sounds like work so almost certainly won't happen, but a guy can dream.

Gen II was my favorite so the connected regions bit is everything I ever wanted.
>>
>>31601212
>i think gamefreak should just throw away all the money they get from double dippers just because i don't like it

For some reason i guess that's not going to happen bud
>>
>There are now enough Pokemon that you could have two versions with completely different Pokedexes from each other.
>There will continue to be only a 10 or so Pokemon difference between versions.
>>
>>31601269
>feels complete
>Johto
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.