[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Z-move for my boy? Z-rock slide Z-solar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-01-29 16.33.31.jpg (564KB, 1060x1883px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-29 16.33.31.jpg
564KB, 1060x1883px
What's the best Z-move for my boy?

Z-rock slide
Z-solar beam
Z-Focus blast?
>>
Z-box it
>>
>>31592391
Z-nothing.
Put specs on it and spam eruption
>>
>>31592421
You're a funny guy

>>31592462
Not what my question was.
>>
>>31592391
Z focus blast would have the advantage of bypassing the shit accuracy of the base move.
>>
Grass. Let's you punish water, ground and rock types that would switch in. Solar Beam is useless otherwise unless you run a sun team.
>>
Is Z-Burn Up something you've considered?

Otherwise, Bloom Doom is good for coverage
>>
>>31592391
I've used z-burn up
>>
>>31592391
Trash, this garbage set isn't competitive, so why bother asking... Specs/Scarf are its only acceptable items
>>
>>31592391
Z-Shut the fuck up
>>
I'm not sure if I have access to burn up. This mon was bred and raised in oras than transfered.
>>
>>31592542
yea well i z-giga impacted your mother and pulverized her pancake
>>
>>31592542
Tough guy huh? Kiss my ass faggot.
>>
File: 1384410155464.png (131KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1384410155464.png
131KB, 565x600px
>>31592391
>Rock Slide
>Blast Burn
>>
>>31592538
What's wrong with your guys reading comprehension? Did I ask for another set? Did I ask for specs? Re-read the fucking op.
>>
>>31592580
Charizard/talon flame.

Better accuracy than fire blast and higher bp when eruption is low.
>>
>>31592620
>Charizard/talon flame
First of all: Talonflame is dead. Second: Pokemon like these are why you have other teammates. Typhlosion isn't meant to be able to deal with everything. What nature are you even running, Naive? You can't be serious with a mixed Typhlosion set.

>Better accuracy than fire blast and higher bp when eruption is low
Using Blast Burn means that you fucking die during the next turn when you have to recharge. In the worst case your opponent brings in something like M-Salamence after you get a KO with Blast Burn, then gets a free Dragon Dance and sweeps your team. Ditch this awful set immediately. There's a reason why Hyper Beam and its variations are never used in serious competitive battles.
>>
File: 1398535725112.png (389KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1398535725112.png
389KB, 1000x1000px
>>31592685
>You can't be serious with a mixed Typhlosion set
Pun unintended
>>
>>31592685
Yes it's naive, and with minimal attack investment rockslide can OHKO mega zard y which otherwise completely walls this.

Why does literally every mon have to be the exact same with you guys? As if any thought or creativity is frowned on?

Well I chose blast burn because this typhlosion is meant to nuke. Blaze boosted blast burn will usually get the ohko meaning you can at least trade 2 for 1.
>>
>>31592747
Or you could just use Flamethrower or Fire Blast. But if you want to have your nukes then all glory for you.
>>
>>31592951
Flamethrower is weak in comparison,
Fire blast is weaker and has less accuracy.

Those moves would work better on a specs set which i've already specified multiple times this isn't.
>>
i like how you think OP, i would go for bloom doom if you ask me, and please bottle cap ya boy
>>
>>31592391
Z-Splash. Duh.
>>
>>31592391
Well first and foremost you should build the Typhlosion from scratch. Its moves are HORRIBLE. Two fire moves, solar beam and rock slide? Are you kidding me? Either go all physical or all special. Typhlosion doesn't have the stats to run mixed. Second, get rid of blast burn. The power doesn't justify losing a turn. Replace it with fire blast, heat wave or at the very least flamethrower. Third, get rid of solar beam unless you're running a sun team or plan on slapping a power herb on it.

Seriously, your Typhlosion setup is straight garbage.
>>
This set is bad. Not even grassium z solar beam or fightinium z focus blast could save it. Please ditch blast burn and replace it with fire blast, and replace rock slide with earthquake or focus blast. I know why you're running rock slide, but zard y isn't omnipresent, so it'll be a wasted moveslot most of the time. I get that you want to be a special snowflake, but the standard sets are standard because they work.
>>
>>31593469
I did he finally has his perfect sats.

>>31593826
You know it's funny how many people that have posted in the thread clearly missed the point. When I asked and i'll repeat so you can understand. WHAT Z-MOVE SHOULD I USE.

>2 fire moves.
Right, and most use eruption and not her fire move when eruption is low?

>solar beam

Which is why it has grasium z

>rockslide

Which is why I made the thread, continental Crush 1HKO'S mega zard y and fucks up any other fire types.
>>
>>31592391
Furaffinity - 1 along with Z-Arcanine is what I use. It goes pretty well
>>
>>31593967
Another fire move* spell check is retarded.
>>
>>31594017
What?
>>
>>31593960
>you are using something different so it's bad!

I'm sorry if you like to use copy paste teams without any thought or creativity but I like to mix it up a bit.
>>
>>31594152
honestly I don't get these people, I run whatever I feel like will work best from my experience after looking at what stats and nature I got. then again I just like to use my shinies to their best ability so I don't try to be the most competitive. copy-paste shit is boring though I agree.
anyone think delphox can compete with typhlo as a special attacker? I'm split but I'm gonna use one of em.
>>
>>31594983
So far this typhlosion has been doing good online and is actually sideways fucking the battle tree. Even got a ko on charizard with rockslide kek.

As for your question, they both can preform that roll but it all depends on your set/strategy.
>>
>>31595310
My typhlosion is pretty alright too, I made a guy forfeit while trying to set up mimikyu and just do the normal stuff. I have extrasensory and burn up along with flamethrower. I've used life orb and Z-Burn up, I think the fire type Z move helps more though.
>>
>>31592747
>>31592989

Blaze is an incredible niche ability, it's way too situational to rely on to do anything, much less activate.

If you were using Focus Sash, then sure I could see you going for a an Eruption > Blast Burn 1-2 punch for a 2 for 1 trade, but you don't have a Focus Sash, so how the fuck is offensive Typhlosion going to live a hit that hits hard enough to take it below 1/3rd hp but not hard enough to one-shot it?

You're banking on some seriously inconsistent stuff.
>>
>>31595704
If I was using a focus sash this thread would be redundant.

Holy shit the amount of incompetence here.
>>
>makes a thread asking about z-moves.

>gets over run with retards spewing le smogon sets and not actually answering the actual question.
>>
>>31592391
Z-Flim Flame and Z-Heat Haze are probably your best bets. I wouldn't waste a Z-Move on it though. I'd use a Z-Crystal on something like Slickspeare or Stingulor but it's no foreskin off my dick either way. More power to you
>>
>>31595786
The only incompetent person here is you. Instead of using this shit mon the best it could be used, you are running a gimmick set and wasting a team slot. I love matching up against "original" players like you. Easy laddering.
>>
>>31595846
Oh yeah, let's all use the same thing lol!

No, fuck off with your shitty stale meta. This set has potential and it's been evident by the results i've seen.
>>
>>31595846
this guy can fuck on up the ladder for all I care. enjoy your beloved aegislash ferrothorn garchomp team pal
>>
>>31595846
I also have a offensive starmie with power gem and psyshock stay triggered faggot.
>>
>>31593967
Well the other fire move shouldn't be fucking blast burn at least. Run flamethrower or fire blast.

But fine. I'll concede and give you what you asked for, and my answer is this: don't run an offensive z-move, run a status z-move in z-sunny day. Boosts your speed so it can help you sweep and lets you use that solar beam immediately.
>>
>>31592391
none of those
offensive Z-moves are terrible on most things and something as bad as typhlosion certainly won't benefit from one

use your z-move on sunny day to help the little bugger out
>>
>>31597856
>>31597818
I'll give this a shot.
>>
>>31598238
almost every semicompetent team will wipe the floor with your shitlysion.
>>
>>31598265
OK where's your proof?
>>
>>31598265
This thing singlehandedly got a 40+win streak at the battle tree, and has taken on shit like garchomp, chrizard y, peliper, and the tapus online.
>>
>>31598282
where's your proof for winning?
>>31598303
this may come as a surprise to you, but the battle tree isn't that hard. the a.i. is too shitty for that.
>>
If you really want to capitalize on blaze, I'd run Substitute. Helps you set your HP where you want it while being overall a solid move that helps with predictions.

>>31598303
Nice to hear.
>>
>>31592391
Z solarbeam blow away those bulky water types
>>
>>31592391
Don't run an offensive z-move. Offensive z-moves are niche at best and a waste at worst. Like if the opponent predicts you correctly, they could send in a flying pokemon against your Garchomps tectonic rage and you would have completely wasted your turn and will be fighting the rest of the battle without an item.
>>
>>31599547
Offensive z-moves aren't that bad. Gives landorus T actual flying coverage along with gyrados. I've seen bloom doom heatrans running around too.
>>
>>31592391
Bloom Doom, by far. Grass has great neutral coverage with Fire, and a 200 BP move beats your counters handily with Ty's SPA.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.