[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf I like dodrio now. What other pokemon got buffed in sun/moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (2MB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1566x881px
Wtf I like dodrio now.

What other pokemon got buffed in sun/moon? I know about the stat changes but can't find any list on older pokemon getting new moves/abilities
>>
>>31590424
Torkoal and Chimecho
>>
Beartic got slush rush.

Vanniluxe got snow warning
Gigalith got sand stream
Torkoal got drought
Pelipper got drizzle

That's all for abilities
>>
>>31590424
There was an article on Smogon that compiled everything and had a short analysis that came out recently, but I'm too lazy to dig around to find it. There's just a straight up list here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/look-here-first-pokemon-sun-and-moon-mine-resource-thread.3586425/
>>
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/updatedstats.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemonabilities.shtml
>>
>>31590442
Gengar got Cursed Body. It can disable Earthqaukes now if you sash it.
>>
>>31590462
please dont say it like its a good thing
>>
>>31590462
Losing Levitate is still fucking stupid.
>>
Bellossom got Quiver Dance.

Suddenly, Bellossom is now more viably competitive than Lilligant.
>>
you like it just because it got 10 more speed?
>>
>>31590462
Oh yeah. And raikou entei and suicune now have inner focus programmed for their hidden abilities
>>
>>31590489
And swords dance
Also 110 is a very significant speed tier
>>
>>31590481
Not really. It has lower speed and special attack, plus no own tempo so it can't spam petal dance
>>
>Raise a bunch of Pokemon that got stat buffs just so I can see their stats improve when I move them to SM.
>Don't want to move anything to SM that I don't need too so I don't lock them out of 6th gen.

REEE
>>
Noctowl got Moonblast.
>>
>>31590490

Likely for the GSC VC release. Damn GF and their doubles obsession for balancing. I wanted Volt Absorb Raikou.
>>
>>31590504
And jump kick. That's arguably the best part, since dodrio previously couldn't touch rock and/or steel types.
>>
File: Gary_Dodrio.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Gary_Dodrio.png
1MB, 1174x881px
>just bred a Dodrio to play around with the buffs

He hits like a truck. I probably won't use him on the regular, but the access to Jump Kick gives him something to hit Rock and Steel types with.
>>
Heatmor got a signature move called Fire Lash
It's a physical 80BP move that lowers defense

Moltres, Typhlosion and Arcanine got Burn up
It does a huge special attack but you lose your fire typing
So you aren't weak to anything but resist anything either
Except Moltres who becomes pure flying

Krookodile gets Signature Power Trip
It's basically a physical Dark type Nature power

Stomping tantrum is a new ground type move that doubles if your last move failed, it's given to angry pokemon like Primeape, Marowak, golurk, Guzzlord and Bewear

incineroar and Weavile get Throat Chop
It's a dark type 80BP moves that stops the opponent from using Sound moves

Ariados gets poison thread which is an entry hazard that lowers speed and poisons

There's more too, check this new move list and you'll be surprised the Pokémon that learns some of these
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/attacks.shtml
>>
>>31590559
Oh yes you're absolutely right
>>
>>31590516
The two things bellossom has over liligant are better bulk (which does't really matter since lili is considerably faster and stronger) and a better movepool (which is pretty nice). Lili's coverage consists of hidden power and dream eater, bell gets moonblast and sludge bomb along with hidden power. Grass/fire/fairy is pretty good coverage. Liligant is generally better, though.
>>
>>31590580
Poison thread isn't an entry hazard. It's just a lowering move like tail whip that also poisons the opponent
>>
>>31590580
>Burn up
The only downside to this seems to be loss of STAB desu
>>
>>31590559
>>31590562
1 second difference between posts.

The hive mind is real
>>
>>31590580

>Moltres becomes pure flying

Interesting

>Shiinotic has a signature called Strength Sap

>Restore's health based on their ATTACK STAT and then lowers it

What the fuck
>>
>>31590636
Yes and also typing returns if you switch out and come back
>>
>>31590627

Regular poison or good poison?
>>
>>31590580
Power trip is actually a physical dark type stored power, which is neat since krook gets moxie and taunt, and nothing's immune to dark. Makes for a great baton pass recipient in battle spot.
>>
>>31590685

That seems kind of broken.
>>
>>31590687
Regular. It's shit basically
>>
>>31590710
Not really considering you lose STAB and stealth rock gives you damage if you switch out and come back to regain STAB
>>
>>31590726
>>31590710
you can only use burn up if you are a fire type.

so you use it once, then have to switch out and in again if you want to use it again to regain the typing
>>
>>31590580

>Necrozam's signature is a Psychic type Hyper Beam

For what purpose
>>
>>31590703
>dark type stored power on a pokemon with moxie
>also mankey gets it

this move sounds pretty hype
>>
>>31590738

So they can justify it's special Z move in the follow up game(s) having 200 BP.
>>
>>31590748
Sadly, neither gets a good setup move to abuse it with (both get bulk up, but they can't really use it well). Primape's defiant and krook's moxie help, but it's mostly a style/gimmick move atm. Been meaning to try it out with Z snatch (+2 speed + whatever setup/healing move the opponent tried to use) on krook.
>>
File: looks the way I feel.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
looks the way I feel.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>31590807
>krook
but surely he gets swords da-
>mfw krook doesnt get swords dance

This is really....a shame. I guess bulk up gimmick set? Primeape-anger point gimmick set?

This is really too bad. Z-snatch sounds interesting though.
>>
>>31590852
krook should have dragon dance imho
>>
>>31590879
Yeah, I wish. Or Scrafty should get power trick.
>>
>>31590928
power trip*
>>
>>31590852
Extreme Evoboost Baton Pass set, if you can pull it off. Protip: you won't.

But hey if you do Krookodile outspeeds and OHKO's the whole meta
>>
>>31591074
I think it still works better with espeon just because of stored power/dazzling gleam(for dark types) and then magic bounce
>>
>>31590424
>now
>he never used Dodrio in gen 1, 2, or 3
Everyone fellated fucking Pidgeot and then I smash their faces with best bird.
>>
Krokodile gets hone claws and power up Punch by transfer
>>
>>31591267
At that point, you may as well run bulk up, since krook doesn't need accuracy (unless you run stone edge, but fire fang is better in this meta).
>>
Sharpedo and My mom's dog can learn psychic fangs from Bruxish breeding

A reliable way to get rid of Fighting types? Sweet
>>
>>31590580
>Spotlight makes the target the only thing that gets attacked for a turn
>has priority 3
>Clefairy, Clefable, Morelull, and Shiinotic get it
Is this move useful?
>>
>>31593557

Depends

It forces all moves to target the opponent?

Including their allies?
>>
>>31593677
ye

and it can be any target, not just the opponent
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.