[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how are you supposed to tell the difference between the Chinese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (293KB, 1353x505px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
293KB, 1353x505px
how are you supposed to tell the difference between the Chinese knock offs and the real carts

I can open up the RBY or GSC or RSE or FR/LG carts, but how the hell can you tell without the seller showing you that infrared works? since when have the Chinese started making knockoff DS carts??
>>
>>31589324
Those are real, anon. I suggest buying them quickly before anyone else.
>>
>>31589324
>how are you supposed to tell the difference between the Chinese knock offs and the real carts
chinese ones are sold online as official
real carts can be found second hand
>>
>>31589324
Just get a flashcard
>>
>>31589423
no anon stop
>>31589442
that's the plan but noone is trying to get rid of their hgss
>>
>>31589324
The fact that they've sold 54 is a good sign that they mass produced a bunch of fakes to sell.

Also I generally don't truck stock photos.
>>
what does it matter if you're not playing online?
>>
>>31589607
what if i want to transfer from HG/SS to SuMo, or from R/S/E to SuMo
>>
for one that seller is able to sell multiple copies an obvious sign. Two is that stock photo. Sadly even real ones are hard to tell. Make sure to focus on the label everything down to it's core. Even the size of the sticker compared to the cart, how it's positioned is a sign even. There are many vids that tell the difference but it's still difficult. Got cheated for a platinum but I got a cool case I guess.
>>
>tfw bought soulsilver for 10€ from online second hand website
>legit copy and original box
>>
>>31589700
I've noticed that the knockoffs are usually gray carts, and HG/SS, B/W and B2/W2 are all supposed to be black. as for diamond, pearl, plat, yeah, it's fucked and I probably wont even consider purchasing them unless I know the seller or they can prove that it's real.
>>
File: awa9Uiu.jpg (219KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
awa9Uiu.jpg
219KB, 800x782px
Even the BEST fakes have a telltale sign that they are fake. For example a wrong nintendo logo, wrong identifier font, or bad printing quality. I saw some counterfeit RSE carts going around that even had the transparent colored cartridge and reflective sticker, but a badly printed ESRB logo.
>>
Can you transfer pokemon from fakes?
>>
>>31589860
No.
>>
>>31589649
you should have bought or played the game yourself when the game came out in 2010
>>
>>31589324
>how are you supposed to tell the difference between the Chinese knock offs and the real carts
You're not. Gen 4 games are shit, why would you buy them now?
>>
>>31589860
Bootlegs are just the roms so yes
>>
>>31589814
that looks like stuff you cant see until you actually get it most of the time
>>
>>31589942
that's what i'm thinking
>>
>>31589925
I did, but I want more. I think they are severely undervalued. I look at pokemon carts like commodities. for example, I commonly make 10%+ ROI annual flipping GBA and GBC carts.
>>
>>31589942
>>31589959
Most if not all of them have been edited in some way which makes them incompatible.
These are chinese bootlegs anons remember that.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.