[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there religions in the Pokémon World? is believing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Arceus symbol.png (13KB, 704x606px) Image search: [Google]
Arceus symbol.png
13KB, 704x606px
Are there religions in the Pokémon World?

is believing in Arceus the only one?
>>
>>31585178
Yes and no. The Pokemon world isn't as fucked as ours, and that's because they don't really have religious beliefs.
>>
>>31585178
The was the church in Gen IV, was it ever explained what that was about?
>>
>>31585224
Nope. No one in that church said anything even remotely religious, so it was really norhing but a fancy building with a stained glass window of Mt. Coronet.
>>
>>31585178
The Draconids saw Rayquaza as a god, so I suppose that was a religion. But other than that, not really. Not even with Arceus. It's not religion when the god they believe in actually exists.
>>
The pokemon world is a world where gods are real and physical

People worship the Tapu as local protectors/gods, which makes sense, since they literally are that

It's not much different from ancient religions in our world, just that we didn't see the gods themselves, we saw the thunderstorms, earthquakes and eruptions they caused
>>
>>31585178
As someone else mentioned, there are religious beliefs in Pokemon. They're just not as in your face about it as real life religions are, and Pokemon religion seems more like Far East religions mostly. So if you're not familiar with Shinto etc., then it's easy to think religion is nonexistent in the franchise due to the fact that you're not familiar with any subtle religious references to franchise has shown. Also most legendaries are revered as deities, but much of this lost in dubbing or censorship. This was the case before Arceus was even thought of.
>>
>>31585178
>in Hoen the people wordshiped rayquaza as a protect deity
sause pokemon Omega Ruby

in alola they pray to the sun, the moon, the tapus and the second island volcan
>sause, Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Sun and Moon anime

>in the hoopa's movie the people worshiped arceus like all of us worshiped the good of the book (christian, jew and muslin)
sause Hoopa The Mischief Pokémon and Hoopa and the Clash of Ages
>>
>>31585178

I'm pretty sure a Team Aqua Grunt mentioned Poseidon at one point, so I guess the ancient Greeks still worshipped their pantheon.
>>
>>31585178
There was one episode in the anime where Brock mentions Noah's arc. I guess the bible exists in their world.
>>
>>31586159
>anime being canon
>DUB anime being canon

Neck yourself
>>
File: fugging huge.png (3MB, 3480x4620px) Image search: [Google]
fugging huge.png
3MB, 3480x4620px
>>31585178
The only one
>>
File: 1414211235832.jpg (86KB, 610x844px) Image search: [Google]
1414211235832.jpg
86KB, 610x844px
>>31588209
>3.28MB
>>
>>31588413
that's a big FUG
>>
File: FugNouveu.jpg (1MB, 1720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FugNouveu.jpg
1MB, 1720x1000px
>>31588442
For you.
>>
File: FUG 96 Fuggen Saved.jpg (16KB, 210x161px) Image search: [Google]
FUG 96 Fuggen Saved.jpg
16KB, 210x161px
>>31588540
Thanks anon
>>
Mewism.
>>
>>31589143
nahh, only Richard follows that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.