[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sun and Moon are the Sonic Adventure of Pokémon. How accurate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: pokemon-sun-and-moon-logos.jpg (113KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-and-moon-logos.jpg
113KB, 800x600px
>Sun and Moon are the Sonic Adventure of Pokémon.

How accurate is this statement?
>>
Sonic Adventure distills Sonic to its purest form and translates it to 3D though, whereas Sun & Moon strays from the formula. I think Sun & Moon is more like the Mega Man Legends of Pokemon.
>>
>>31583117
Oh man. Don't let the MML fanboys hear you say that.
>>
>>31583072

Who are you quoting?
>>
Sun and Moon are the Other M of their franchise.
>>
>>31583117
>Sonic in its purest form is the main speed based platforming being surrounded by a bunch of other crsp
rly makes u think
>>
>>31583130
The best game in the series?
>>
you people need to stfu
>>
>>31583072
Sonic adventure had amazing music that I to this day love to listen to, for that time enveloping character development(gammas story fucking every time, best sonic character), fun somewhat open hub world to explore, an amazing secret story line for the 'true end' which blew my brains out as a kid, engaging level design, and fucking gammas story line of a robot who learns self sentience and the only way to free those he can feel for is to release their spirits from their shells and hunt them down. Sun and moon felt closed, linear, lol Pokemon stadium with lol deepest lore, very rushed and fucking at every corner wastes ur time with literal time wasters. Oh lol a Pokemon every two bushes, oh lol poke grooming, oh lol cutscene, oh lol this oh lol that, its actual world building and....atmosphere are very very very very condensed. Gen 3 on gba had AMAZING atmosphere and world overture to it, it felt fun to explore new caves and waterfall areas and on every trail is another secret that ur like "aw shit man I need to comeback with surf or waterfall or this or that wow a, no crazy super gods that, you catch a crazy earth land or sea elemental" so no it is not.
>>
>>31583072
>Decent games on their own but foreshadow the demise of the series

Ask again in a few years.
>>
Not very.

>>31583117
Mega Man Legends was actually a radical departure and a unique experience that could be enjoyed on it's own, though. Sun/Moon wants you to think it's a radical departure with the overhaul to the Gym formula, but at the core is the same.
>>
>>31583072
It's more like the Sonic Generations of Pokemon, isn't it?
>>
File: 1470643711578.gif (2MB, 308x267px) Image search: [Google]
1470643711578.gif
2MB, 308x267px
>>31583306
>Sonic Generations of Pokemon
Accurate
>>
>>31583306
>Sonic Generations of Pokemon
because sonic generations is all about sonic 1 right?

RİGHT?
>>
Fuck off Sammyclassicsonicfan
>>
Ruby and Sapphire are Sonic 06 of Pokémon
>>
It's more like the Sonic 06 of Pokemon.
It's a

>mismanaged reboot that no one asked for
>has lots of regressions in terms of gameplay
>a story that really makes the terrible games that came before it look a lot better in comparison.
>>
>>31583821
>reboot
No, it isn't.
>regressions in terms of gameplay
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>31583837
>S/M isn't a reboot
>Makes several references to Kanto
>All Alolan Pokemon are Kanto counterparts
>Kanto Champions make major appearances

>regressions in terms of gameplay
So are we just forgetting about the fact that most mega stones are absent, are we forgetting the fact that they have barred levelling to a painfully unfair degree of grinding? Are we forgetting about how they neutered the overall battle gameplay with stupid Z-Moves as a way to be unique?
>>
>>31583761

Sonic Generations is how I wish Pokemon would do nostalgia pandering. Generations could have easily been just Sonic 1 and 2 nostalgia, but they decided to reference everything instead, even 06 and all the way up to Colours. The closest thing we've ever got is Pokemon Generations.
>>
>>31583172
Actually, if we take this in Sonic context, it's a shitty fancomic who's writer is one of the best in the series.

Now, that one REALLY makes you think.
>>
>>31584084
>Sonic Generations
>Pokemon Generations

Coincidence? I think NOT!
>>
Ok if we're doing the sonic angle. Sun and moon is the sonic and knuckles half of sonic 3. Great games but something is clearly missing. Now we wait for stars/ sonic 3 & knuckles half.
>>
>>31584104
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1483647548856.jpg (86KB, 463x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483647548856.jpg
86KB, 463x480px
>>31583072
>Alright game with insufferable fans and even more insufferable haters

Sounds about right actually.
>>
File: tentacruelcrossed.jpg (44KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
tentacruelcrossed.jpg
44KB, 500x552px
>>31583172
wtf is up with this disturbing ass post
>>
RBY = Genesis games
GSC = Adventure
RSE = Heroes
DPP = Unleashed
B2W2 = Generations
XY = Lost World
>>
>>31584254
What's Lost World?
>>
>>31584261
An actually pretty good game that was hated by many, just because it didn't live up to the games that came out before (Colours and Generation)
>>
But Sonic Adventure is a good video game
>>
>>31583072
Can't wait for the most memein' game in the series to come as the sequel then
>>
>>31584254
Spot on
>>
>>31584107
Pokemon Generations > Pokemon SM >>>>>>>>> Pokemon GO

2016 was an awful year.
>>
>>31584084
>sonic did the better 20th anniversary game
K A N T O
A
N
T
O
>>
>>31583306
BW2 is closer to the Generations of Pokémon, since it celebrates all generations preceding it instead of just Gen 1.
>>
>>31583072
More like the Sonic 06 of Pokemon. I think everyone on this board can attest to that.

>>31583821
This. Absolutely fucking this. SuMo is one of the worst fucking things to happen to gaming in general and it needs to be given the ET2600 treatment.
>>
>>31583181
B-BUT MUH FREE SPEECH!
That's why i love internet; even a retard like me can voice his shitty opinion, and not matter what, i will encounter people who share my shitty view of shitty things i stopped liking: a poor video game in this case.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>31587442
>It's the Sonic 06 faggot again
>>
File: blunders of years.png (220KB, 1500x500px)
blunders of years.png
220KB, 1500x500px
>>31587486
You're a good example to follow. Liking SuMo is a meme and a mental illness that everyone should grow out of.
>>
File: disappointment.jpg (13KB, 450x359px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
13KB, 450x359px
>>31584254
but the Genesis games were actually really good
>>
>tfw sonic06 actually loves sun moon and is intentionally trying to make sun moon haters look bad so they get taken less seriously
>>
>>31584254
RBY = Sonic 1
GSC = Sonic 3&K
RSE = Sonic Adventure
DPPt = Sonic Unleashed
BW2 = Sonic Generations
XY = Sonic the Hedgehog 4
>>
>>31589123
SuMo = Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
Go = Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
>>
File: SonicAdventureDX.jpg (221KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
SonicAdventureDX.jpg
221KB, 864x648px
Yes, I can see the comparison. Sonic Adventure is an amazing game too.
>>
>>31583072
>How accurate is this statement?
0%. What are you smoking?
>>
>>31583815
No, that's D/P

Or B/W

Or S/M
>>
>>31584254
How can one person be so wrong.
>>
>Gen 1 = Sonic Advance
>Gen 2 = Advance 2
>Gen 3 = Advance 3
>Gen 4 = Rush and Rush Adventure
>Gen 5 = Generations 3DS
>Gen 6 = Shattered Crystal
>Gen 7 = Lost World 3DS
I though the Handhelds would fit better.
>>
>>31583837
>No, it doesn't.

>half of the mega stones are gone
>hordes, triples and rotations are gone
>Super training is gone
>performance is even worse
>no decent way to grind
>Communications are restricted to a specific area once again
>bland level design
How was it not a regression?
>>
>>31589533
>>Gen 4 = Rush and Rush Adventure
But that would imply Gen 4 was good.
Swap it with Sonic Blast.
>>
>sonic generations was a better anniversary game than SM
is this true?
>>
>>31590728
yes

i don't hate either game, but it's damn true
>>
More like the Sonic 06 of Pokémon, as people with actual common sense have pointed out ITT.
>>
>>31591495
>SM is the sonic 06 of pokemon
at least sonic 06 had references to more than first game in the series.
>>
>>31591495
Agreed. I don't know why more people are referring to SuMo as this.

>>31591687
Then again, maybe calling SuMo the Sonic 06 of Pokemon is too generous. It might be closer to the ET2600 of Pokemon.
>>
>>31587501
Why is BotW a blunder?
>>
>>31589573
>half of the mega stones are gone
fair, but mega stones are postgame anyway so they don't effect the main playthroughs which most people will be getting the games for
>hordes, triples and rotations are gone
who cares
>Super training is gone
who cares
>performance is even worse
Because they added in the trainers in the background which people have wanted for a while. Can't have both good performance AND trainers.
>no decent way to grind
True
>Communications are restricted to a specific area once again
Annoying, true
>bland level design
Opinion, I thought they were lovely
>>
>>31583231

Dude turn down the Nosalgia-vision goggles a tad.

I loved RSE and Sonic Adventure, but you're giving them way too much credit. All of that magic and adventure was just you being a kid who wasn't very critical of your gaming experiences.

Both of those games had plenty of flaws, the only truly impressive "secrets" in gen 3 were the Regis and Mirage Island, the latter being something that most people will never encounter anyway, and there really wasn't much content once you got there.

Sonic Adventure's storyline was fucking shit, it was predictable as fuck, quite a few characters such as Tails/Big/Amy were completely worthless to the story, they were really just plot devices to boost others stories, Tails to Sonic and Amy to E-102. Plenty of shit made absolutely no sense and it was riddled with plot holes. And goddamn that lip syncing, should have just scrapped it and left the characters mouths closed. They really didn't put any effort into Tails level design, such a shame.

E-102 definitely had the strongest story, and it was actually fairly good, but it's just when you compare it to standard Sonic story-telling/the rest of Sonic Adventure's story it seems like gold- but it's really just bronze or silver at best.
>>
>>31584192
Other M was a webcomic written by current Archie comic writer Ian Flynn. It apparently as really bad, I wouldn't know, I haven't written it.

He was eventually hired onto Archie comics to write for the Sonic comics. At this point, the comics were a cesspool of shit, so he had to pretty much clean up all the plotlines at the time. However, Ian Flynn is generally agreed to be the best writer the comics ever had, knowing the characters inside-out, taking interesting plot lines and taking the comics just seriously enough without going overboard.

So, a dude literally went form writing a shitty webcomic to fixing a shitty published comic and became the best writer in the series.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.