[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This proves Ash is at least 11 https://www.youtube.com/watc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: sun and moon Ash.png (264KB, 669x1194px) Image search: [Google]
sun and moon Ash.png
264KB, 669x1194px
This proves Ash is at least 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRnPRTTZvcs&list=PL5U5fqSypzSsb0lIohjaTLcLGlsN77wL_&index=4
>>
except for BW where they flat out say he's 10.

the anime does not give a fuck about time actually passing.
>>
>that huge ass onix in the hallway
It gets me everytime
>>
>>31582245
Not this shit again.

>>31582258
He was reconfirmed as 10 yet again in the XY series too.
>>
File: coco.png (104KB, 212x204px) Image search: [Google]
coco.png
104KB, 212x204px
>using a noncanon side story mini movie as "proof"
WEW
E
W
>>
>>31582245
>Ash spent weeks organizing an entire party just for Pikachu's anniversary of meeting him
holy shit I forgot how sweet that was

I also forgot that Geodude just sorta floats all the time
>>
>>31582432
It still doesn't make him 11. He's been 10 since the show started, and he will remain 10.

The official marketing materials and anime canon continue to establish that he's 10, and that will stay true until it's stated otherwise.
>>
>>31582432
Reminder he hasn't done anything nice for Pikachu in the last few years. He only acts friendly with it like he does with everyone, and that's it.
>>
Actually... you must be 11 for do the Island Challenge.
>>
>>31582473
Not in the anime. The anime doesn't really give a shit about ages in the games.
>>
>>31582445
did you reply to me on accident or what
>>
>>31582350
And he was confirmed 10 again in the official SM anime website.
>>
File: movie poster.png (402KB, 454x693px) Image search: [Google]
movie poster.png
402KB, 454x693px
I want to believe Ash actually did age because the poster for the new movie shows him as a midget.

Maybe the new art style makes him obviously more worse/young, and he's a 14 year old retard.

Also, Dawn said 1 year passed since she participated in the previous Wallace Cup, and Takeshi Shudo said Ash was 10 years 10 months 10 days old when he started his journey.

So 13 or 14 are good guesses.
>>
>>31582481
the anime doesn't really give much shit at all about the games
>>
>>31582495
Oh yeah, the upcoming movie! Almost forgot about that!

I'm really curious as to what this is gonna be like.
>>
>>31582495
Sorry, but none of your headcanon shit matters. Canonically, he's 10. People continue to use these kinds of horseshit arguments to argue that he's aged, but the writers literally don't give a shit. He was 10, he is 10, and he will continue to be 10, irrespective of how much "time" has actually passed.
>>
>>31582495
He was 10 in XY, and creators actually said he will always be 10.
>>
>>31582245
That short was banned in 2009 and officially never happened. The Japanese narrator got done for meth, and doing meth in Japan is the moral equivalent to raping babies in the US.
>>
File: 1485496410518.png (215KB, 768x659px) Image search: [Google]
1485496410518.png
215KB, 768x659px
Speaking of anime stuff that doesn't matter

Remember that time when pikachu and all the other pokemon got lost and they talked to each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98jKqabareY

did they ever do something like that in other seasons?
>>
>>31582639
Nope. That was the only one where they did that.
>>
>>31582639
There was an episode in XYZ wherein Pikachu and Meowth got caught up in a Darkrai's dream bullshit, all the Pokemon aside from Pikachu spoke human language.
Similar, but not the exact same thing.
>>
>>31582669
>Squishy's British accent

I know the dub is shit, but I liked his voice.
>>
File: cryinghawlucha.png (121KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cryinghawlucha.png
121KB, 480x360px
>>31582669
>I watched that episode
>no hawlucha
I'm still mad
>>
File: Trump Mexico and the Wall.jpg (20KB, 480x286px) Image search: [Google]
Trump Mexico and the Wall.jpg
20KB, 480x286px
>>31582683
>tfw no wrestler with a Mexican persona & accent helping Pikachu and Meowth
>>
>>31582639
Was that from the Island of Giant Pokemon?

>tfw I still have the short novel of that
>>
>>31582674
Shame the rest of TPCi's dub voice cast can't act worth a damn, sadly, although TPCi's dub has so many problems by now that doesn't even compare to the fucking of the music & script (along with censors, errors, etc.).

Even 4Kids did a better job dubbing the Series, yes, that 4Kids- pitiful.
>>
>>31582495
>that outfit
Are they going back to gen 1? wtf?
>>
>>31583556
It's for the 20th anniversary of the anime, and it's expected to be a retelling or reimagining of the very first episode(s) of the anime.

Check next month's Corocoro for news on it.
>>
>>31582245
What if the events in that short take place AFTER SM or whatever season comes next? It'll make sense then.
>>
>>31583562
>what if
There is no what if, because they don't.
>>
>>31583567
How can you be so sure? One year has passed in the short, one year hasn't passed yet in SM. Logically, it means that short takes place after SM.
>>
>>31583577
Wouldn't that mean Ash decided to collect all his old pokemon for a party after going through all the regions?
>>
>>31583577
That short isn't even canon anymore. Even if it was still canon, subsequent confirmations that he is still 10 basically nullify anything that might have been stated in this short.

Plus, all the events that are shown in the anime take place in continuity, unless explicitly stated otherwise. This goes for the anime proper as well as the movies and accompanying shorts.

So there is no "what if."
>>
>>31583628
Where's the confirmation it's not canon anymore? If two events have been shown, one of which takes place at a later point in time, you don't disregard that. Normally, it's just an event that hasn't happened yet. Are you implying Ash will NEVER become 11? And there's no way the events in the short can happen?
>>
>>31583639
You didn't hear about the fracas involving the narrator? The whole short has been basically wiped from existence, as far as the Pokemon franchise is concerned.
>>
>>31582482
not that person, but that person's reply is a completely logical response and rebuttal of your post.

Also, it's "by accident", not "on accident".
>>
Has someone been autistic enough to compile a list of how much time has canonically passed in the series? Of course there are gaps and indefinite periods of time everywhere, but you can at least count each time the day changed or rely on "it's been X days since..." bits.

In any case I'm willing to bet it's more than 365 days.
>>
>>31583639
>If two events have been shown, one of which takes place at a later point in time, you don't disregard that.
You do if you're the writers of the Pokemon anime. I'm not saying it makes any logical sense, but it's not supposed to make sense. This is a show where time doesn't work in logical ways. Characters occasionally talk about things that happened "a year ago" or whatever, but none of that matters to Ash's age as far as the writers are concerned. He stays 10 years old, because that's what the show's producers/executives want.

Also: >>31583647
The only reason that there's even any video of it anywhere is that someone got a hold of a really old DVD from its original release in the West. The producers of the show have taken it entirely out of commerce, and there's no indication they'll bring it back anytime soon, if ever.

See >>31583616 as well.
Basically, if you REALLY want to convince yourself that all this happens AFTER all of Ash's adventures...You'd have to make the logical leap that Ash, after traveling through all these regions, somehow decided to go back to Kanto, put on his original outfit, start traveling again with Misty and Brock, behave as if none of the adventures he previously went on had ever happened, and somehow de-evolve any Pokemon in his party that had evolved after the original airing of the short. Basically, the scenario you're describing would represent an even worse continuity error than the one where Ash ever turning 11 is wiped from existence.

In short, Ash is still 10, and he will remain 10 years old until this godforsaken show comes to an end, irrespective of what that banned short may or may not have implied about the passage of time. And if you want to be really generous about how canon the short is, it still becomes moot because everything occurs in continuity, and Ash's age basically gets retconned to 10 in BW, XY and SM, AND you're left with the other hideous continuity mess I described above.
>>
>>31583766
>In any case I'm willing to bet it's more than 365 days.
People have done that, yeah, but there's still no agreed-upon way of doing it. There's a lot of guesswork and assumptions that each person who does it has to make to decide how much time has passed between certain events.

It's possible that Ash, for all we know, should really be like 17 or 18 years old now or some such, but in the end he's still officially 10 anyway, because marketing. It's stupid, but that's the way it is.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.