[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to say about Gen 5's story over gen 7's is that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0911.png (77KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0911.png
77KB, 600x598px
I have to say about Gen 5's story over gen 7's is that your were actually a driving force in gen 5, but in SM you're just standing there emotionless as Lillie's muscle as everyone just interacts with her instead of you for anything plot related

Also N suffered infinitely more than Lillie did
>>
Gen 7's story is just a mix of gen 5 and 6.
>Muh saving and protecting pokemon
>muh rich philanthropists who wants to make everything beautiful

GF is just getting lazy now
>>
File: 1477034033475.png (26KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1477034033475.png
26KB, 679x427px
>>31581666
>N suffered
Fuck Lillie, but N was just a fucking joke. Suffered my fucking ass.
>>
>>31581666
What did you do in BW that you didn't in SM? Your role was just as prominent. The only difference was, instead of people pretending to have conversations with a silent protagonist, people had more interactions between each other.
>>
>>31581666
I know this is a common argument towards the disliking of the story, but I don't play Pokemon to be self-inserted into a story about me all the time.
Nice having characters who actually grew, and were given the main focus instead of an emotionless husk of a person.
>>
>>31581717
>Fuck Lillie
Do you have reading comprehension? I'm talking about N. What's the worst that happened to him? Lived with Pokemon? That's suffering? Get called a failure because he destroyed all of Ghetsis' plans? That's fucking suffering?
>>
>>31581720
N was directly opposing YOU

Ghetsis was threatening YOU

Cheren wanted to beat YOU

Colress wanted to learn from YOU

Alder requested YOU to carry the light stone

Juniper asked if YOU regretted your journey ect.

You're just there watching in SM
>>
>>31581728
That's not to say everyone else in the cast doesn't either in BW I guess. I guess it is personal preference, but making you an emotionless husk was pretty lazy

>>31581729
Yeah I felt retarded when I posted it and then re-read your post. I deleted the thing the second I could
>>
>>31581754
Ghetsis gave zero shits about you. N gave some shits, but only cared about Pokemon. You were getting in his way, not the other way around. Colress wanted to learn from everyone, you happened to be one of the. Cheren wanted to know the meaning of strength. He was just your friend.
This isn't much different from SM.
>>
>lillie
>suffering
Upperclass whites will never understand.
>lillie had wicke's tits to herself for like a year
We have suffered more than she has.
>>
>>31581780
Yeah, but I think they did well handling the whole Lusamine family more than N family, but yeah, personal preference.
I also don't think there's much you can do about the emotionless husk because of generalizing people's opinions on things.
People could be completely happy with Lusamine shit talking Lillie or completely opposed, so it's better to have the emotion neutral so there's no room for complaining that the scene doesn't fit them and their views.
i think at least
>>
>>31581876
I mean even XY had you express emotion when you best Lysande

Like when Lillie left you just awkwardly watched from a distance. Kukui waved but you just stood there
>>
>>31581876
You know how easy this could've been
>First Person View during cutscenes
>>
>>31581931
That would have looked disgusting.
>>
>>31581946
can't look much worse tbqh
>>
>>31581666
I like the idea N's role as a rival-like antagonist who was your opposite, but as far as his character goes, I think it was shit. His goal and beliefs made no sense, and they broke my suspension of disbelief in seconds. Once that's out the way, it becomes all the more clear that he has NO personality he has outside of just caring about Pokemon. He also had the least amount of development out of all your rivals, being close to zero. His presence alone makes BW's story worse for me. I will never understand how low your standards have to be to consider him a even slightly good character.
>>
>>31581962
Can you name a single better Pokémon character?
>>
>>31582089
Cheren, Bianca, Hugh, Colress, Alder without going out of Gen 5.
>>
>>31582089
Colress and Ghetsis are already better antagonists and thus better characters. That isn't even mentioning other Gen 5 characters and other characters from different generations that are infinitely better.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.