[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>HD Rumble Once again, Nintendo is forcing a pointless gimmick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: bundle2.jpg (41KB, 610x361px) Image search: [Google]
bundle2.jpg
41KB, 610x361px
>HD Rumble
Once again, Nintendo is forcing a pointless gimmick that nobody will care about in a week and only serves to make the console more expensive.

Will this "feature" be used in Pokemon? Or will it go the same way as 3D?
>>
>>31580651
>It's not a /v/ thread if I bring up Pokemon
>>
shake to hatch eg
>>
>>31582559
Finally all that time jerking off to Pokémon Will finally pay off
>>
Unlike 3D some neat things will come with it, but it will do nothing for actual gameplay and Pokemon definitely won't use it.

You'll get something like a Pyukumuku evolution that only happens if you play rock paper scissors with it using the IR Camera.
>>
>>31582559
So Pokemon crossed with Sonic's Chao Gardens?
>>
File: 1482525671147.jpg (113KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482525671147.jpg
113KB, 768x768px
>>31582622

>playing rock paper scissors with your Pyukumuku

I want this
>>
>>31580651
3D was at least a good feature for marketing. It actually sounded exciting and high-tech, even if it ended up being unimpressive and useless.

HD Rumble doesn't really sound like something that anybody would care about. The intro video with the ice cubes was quite cool, but it just doesn't even sound exciting.
>>
>>31580651
It'll probably be relegated to some kind of minigame if it does anything at all, maybe something like 4th gen's Poffin making game, only with you "stirring" with the joycon instead of drawing circles with stylus.
>>
>gimmick company does gimmicks
Hory shit that's fucking crazy
but tbqh I'd like to see how this develops. Horror games are gonna be a blast with this
>>
> Pet a Pokémon and feel your fur or skin :3
> Or get burn =P
>>
>>31580651
If your pokemon is hit superefectivly, you feel the type
>>
A Gen VIII mon based on Switchdoge.
>>
File: 1408558174462.png (475KB, 893x732px) Image search: [Google]
1408558174462.png
475KB, 893x732px
>>31580651
>Nintendo is forcing a pointless gimmick that nobody will care about in a week
You mean like motion controls, which became industry standard?
You mean like rumble, which became industry standard?
You mean like analog sticks, which became industry standard?
You mean like d pads, which became industry standard?
You mean like touch screens, which became industry standard?

Fucking Nintendo, all these pointless gimmicks. Give me my Pokemon-themed ball-in-a-cup and fuck off.
>>
>>31584596
>You mean like motion controls, which became industry standard?
>>
>>31584596
>You mean like motion controls, which became industry standard?
Becoming useless and unattractive and not being used at all to the point that Kinect has been fully abandoned and motion controls it's limited to VR potential, another gimmick-
>You mean like rumble, which became industry standard?
Yeah, that same rumble that didn't need such a revolution because IT'S NOT GOING TO BE USED BY THIRD PARTIES. They don't care about gimmicks, only dlc, season pass, shooters, etc.
>>
yay 300 buck handheld that they're advertising as a console
Yay potential 60 buck pokemon games
Yay paid online on top of bank
>>
>>31586395
>VR
>Another gimmick
No, when Sony or Microsoft do it, it's call innovation. We can only call it a gimmick if Nintendo does it.

You do realize that every console since the N64 has had rumble as a standard feature of their controllers, right? He wasn't talking about the Switch's rumble; just rumble in general
>>
>>31586395
oh sorry I forgot, third parties not using them is no problem, because there won't be any big third party at all! thanks nintendo for developing a system that can't even reach a machine that was already old in specs in 2013 (XBo)

There is no excuse for specs. They could have reached XBo levels with a much better CPU than the shitty Jaguar and that would have granted parity with the other consoles with no problems.

But no, let's instead focus on this gimmick that won't get any killer app to justify its existence and let's cater to the Wii audience that surely will buy a 300 machine with a 50 party game instead of a smartphone!!!!
>>
>>31586425
when Sony does it, it's still a expensive external gimmick, don't put words in my mouth

but at least Sony let's you decide if you want that gimmick by selling it sepparately, Nintendo just goes: "fuck you you are going to pay it even if you don't want it!"

And before someone says: "what about the gimmick screen in the ps4 controller REEE" you can't be serious to compare the two things

I've been a Nintendo fan since the Cube, but after Wii U failure I expected a redeemed Nintendo, not this cocky "we can get the casual audience back, and we are going to still sell you shit hardware with the excuse of expensive gimmick"
>>
>>31586479
PS4 have Rumble and acceleration too
The Unecessary light

Switch have the Pro controller with a expensive battery
>>
>>31586479
>you can't be serious to compare the two things
Considering it and the light are the cause of the DS4's extremely poor battery life and that the majority of games can't be played because it acts as a start and select button too I would say that they're very comparable in how intrusive the gimmicks are.

I would say they're worse than any other gimmick because it was obviously poorly thought out.
>>
>>31584596
Motion controls are not an industry standard.
>>
>>31586479
>"fuck you you are going to pay it even if you don't want it!"
Nobody is forcing you to buy a Switch. You know, you could just not buy it!?
>>
>>31586479
>fuck you you are going to pay it even if you don't want it
Or you could, you know
Not buy the switch? I mean, everyone I know has said they're not buying it
>>
>>31586677
>>31586724
Hello samefag.

You can keep your shitty excuse of "don't buy it if you don't like it lol" because that doesn't exime something of criticism
>>
>>31586744
It kind of does when that criticism is that it's forced upon you when you have the option of not purchasing it. Or better yet, not utilizing the gimmick.
>>
>>31586651
But binary genders are a biological standard.
>>
>>31586783
>not utilizing the gimmick

yeah just like i was able to play mario galaxy without a stupid wiimote and the motion control
or star fox zero without the gamepad gimmick
oh wait
i couldn't
because nintendo won't allow the non-use of its gimmicks
Are you seriously that stupid?
>>
>>31582749

I loved the whole chao garden thing, but theres already to much random side shit since like gen 3 in pokemon. I could probably deal with a pokemon garden where you go play with the lonely unused pokemon you have though I suppose.
>>
>>31586790
Humans by nature deviate from the biological standard, that's why we're shitposting on 4chan and making no effort to ensure we pass down our genetics, the driving force behind every other bilogical organism on earth. We're no less biological deviants than trannies.
>>
File: g.jpg (26KB, 863x250px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
26KB, 863x250px
>>31580651

>gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick everything's a gimmick!!!
>>
>>31586820
>or star fox zero without the gamepad gimmick
You know you don't have to move or look at the gamepad for that right?
>>
>>31580651
>Can buy phones with better stats and more usage than this shit.
>You realize most of the cost is for the god damn controllers and retarded not-a-tablet tablet controller.

10/10 nintendo
>>
>>31589771
You should know the difference between generic hardware like a phone and specialized hardware optimized for video games.
>>
>>31580651
but i love pokemon rumble
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.