[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they make a game where you can go to ALL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

File: WeULF.png (127KB, 790x925px) Image search: [Google]
WeULF.png
127KB, 790x925px
Why don't they make a game where you can go to ALL of the regions?
>>
too big
>>
>>31577715
how would levels work
>>
>>31577715
How are you supposed to fit your 100 levels curve into a game like this?
>>
>>31577782
100 levels for each region. So 700 levels.
>>
>putting Orre in Japan

why should I even care about what you have to say
>>
File: Shiny Feebas.png (142KB, 307x220px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Feebas.png
142KB, 307x220px
>>31577878
>700 levels
excuse me what
>>
>>31577782
Get rid of levels and make stats relative to battle experience.
>>
In today's episode of "Do you complain about GF? Take a look at those guys" >>31577878 >>31577950
>>
>>31577860
Each region makes you start over with a new team
>>
>>31577715
Why would they do that when they can charge you full price for each?
>>
>>31577878
Are you stupid? It doesn't take the same amount of experience for each level.
>>
File: 538.jpg (95KB, 421x834px) Image search: [Google]
538.jpg
95KB, 421x834px
>>31577878
>>
>>31578310
So what's the difference between this and playing the games separately?
>>
>>31577860
You leave your mons in each region lab and can't use them in other regions until you win the league there
>>
>>31577860
>>31579579
Alternatively,
>Mons caught outside of a region are level locked liked in Battle facilities while used in it until you beat the region.
Encourages you to catch more new Pokemon to use but doesn't prevent you from using your other stuff.
>>
>>31577715
Unova is USA and Kalos is France.
MCs can't take a fucking train without doing something fantastic.
>>
There's too many at this point, especially if you start including side games.
>>
>>31577878
might as well just go up to fucking 1000.
seven hundred. is a shitty number to cap off at.
>>
>>31578310
Then that's not all one game, it's a bundle of 7 games.
>>
File: IMG_4253.jpg (80KB, 715x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4253.jpg
80KB, 715x750px
>>31577878
That's a terrible idea.

>>31578310
This is worse.
>>
Because you touch yourself, OP.
>>
File: 1483925117590.png (344KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1483925117590.png
344KB, 890x890px
>>31577878
>>
File: Miror_B.jpg (173KB, 1059x754px) Image search: [Google]
Miror_B.jpg
173KB, 1059x754px
>>31577715
If they did something like "Colsseum" but catching any wild Pokémon.
>>
File: 1475085526098.png (709KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1475085526098.png
709KB, 1050x1050px
>this thread
hello yes what the fuck
>>
>>31577715
Instead of integrating all of the regions fully, it maybe it will work better level-wise if they only integrated specific parts of each region that you travel through on your journey.
>>
>>31577715
I imagine the tricky part would be getting the levels right. Although it could just be made to scale to the player's team for Trainer battles.
>>
Two ideas:

>Pokémon from foreign regions are treated as traded Pokémon in terms of obedience and each badge in the new region allows "Pokémon up to level X" to obey you.

Hard to justify, though. Maybe it's against the PokéLaw to use Pokémon over a certain level unless you have proved yourself by getting the local badge that acts as a kind of permit.

>At the beginning of the game, you choose a region. Apart from various multi-region, plot-driven excursions (like the first international crime syndicate), you are only responsible for pre-game in your home region, but after the League you unlock massive amounts of post-game content in the other regions.

This would allow for the accumulation of renown--something I enjoyed in Sun and Moon.
>>
>>31577878
lmao are you even trying
>>
All battles are level locked.
EZPZ
>>
>>31577715
Here's a reason not to that most people haven't brought up yet: Reduplication in regional Pokédexes.

Let's say you start in Alola, go to Kalos, then Unova, then Sinnoh, then Hoenn, then Kanto. By the time you complete the Alola and Kalos Pokédexes, you'd have 75% of the National Pokédexes. You'd already have encountered 88% of the Pokémon in the Kanto Dex, so things are going to be pretty goddamn boring by the time you get there.
>>
how about a level curve like the one in FFTactics? in that game the enemies were close to you, no matter the place, so could still get rekt in the first town during the endgame.

that would apply for wild mons and NPC trainers. As for gym leaders, rivals and E4, i was thinking of making them more challenging, so in each of these battles the levels would be removed (levels wouldn't be on-screen, but every mon would be at lvl 50)

i know that's flawed because i haven't thought much about it. another solution could be leveling down your mons in each region like pikachu in the ashnime, but that would be a bit linear for a game with all regions.
>>
Because the way a pokemon game flows, by the time you're reached the 6th gym leader your pokemon are already so powerful that it's impossible to set an appropriate challenge without going full Cheater AI which belongs in the post-game where that garbage can stay.

It's why the concept in G/S/C was cool at first but ultimately not satisfying.

But that's just the opinion of someone who prefers the drawn out battles of the early game over the OHKO fest that is the end game.
>>
>>31583468
I've considered that aswell, but that would require some control of the dex and the mons available in each region. Why not lower the rate of foreign mons? Not like SM, but lower them enough to not see them all the time.

The Pokédex could be only regional and once you have traveled through three regions you get the national/world dex. I still think that a Pokémon game with all the regions needs two important things in order to work:

>expanded regions
If regions don't get the BW2 treatment, then there's little reason to play a game like that. Every region should be expanded with more towns, bigger cities and larger routes (not more annoying, but interesting) so I can have a reason to explore them and make filling the dex a secondary objective

>"open world"
That means, I can start in any town/city of any region and have enough freedom to travel around the region the way I want, so gyms become "optional" and HMs/rental mons are there from the start
>>
It feels a bit dumb to be citing levels when we have an in-game badge system present in every region to restrict levels. Just make every badge like 10-15 levels and make every leader on the cusp of those levels so it's a challenge.

>play through kanto
>go to johto
>can't use your E4 team
>practically forced to either use johto Pokemon or breed/catch lower leveled ones from Kanto
>until the E4 where you can bring them back again just like Ash does in the anime
>>
>>31583386
Or beating your regional League qualifies you to take on "The Hall of Champions" where you battle all of the regions' Champions, and they all have Lv.100 teams. You can battle singles (Red, Gold, Emerald, etc.) and then 2v1 (Red/Blue, Gold/Lance, Emerald/Steven, etc.).
>>
>>31577715
Isn't Orre in Arizona?

The question is, how would you make it work?
>>
File: 1480263925396.png (55KB, 223x307px) Image search: [Google]
1480263925396.png
55KB, 223x307px
>This fucking thread
>>
Here's an idea.

Each region is selected to its own save file. It acts as a sort of "Ultimate edition" pokemon game, where it has the events of all seven generations in one game. It also takes your in game team at the moment for any events that would involve the player character, ala Red/Hilbert/etc.
>>
>>31577782
Pokemon brought to the same levels (be it 5 for bug catchers or 50 for e4), exp solely for gating moves and evolutions, battle preview, pick up to same number of mons as opponent, exp share only shares with picked mons for battle. Would you play such a game?
>>
Maybe the MC is in a kinda programed journey like trials. "World travel", in this journey you need to always catch regionals. You're like in a mission for the professor and you help him catching New pokémon in each region
>>
>>31586402
And you're +18 who always worked with the professor but now he needs this research work and you going to help him and finally become a trainer, not just a scientist
>>
>>31577878
What do you think this is fucking Disgaea?
>>
>>31579579
>>31581779
These are horrible ideas to implement in an RPG because they restrict the player.
>>
Honestly, it would have to be an MMO. That's the only real way that you can run into challengers that are level appropriate for you. You never run into/can't be challenged by anyone more than two badges ahead of you, so you don't have a bunch of Smogon assholes forming an impromptu Team Rocket to hang around Pallet Town and party wipe new players.

And as far as keeping catching Pokemon fresh, what about this:
You have to have that region's badges in order for Pokemon to obey you in said region. Like, say you're wandering around in Kanto and want to pop over to Johto to participate in the Bug Catching contest. You've got 4 Kanto Badges, but only 1 Johto Badge. When you're in Jotho, nothing that's higher than level 20 listens to you unless you get more Johto badges, so you have to keep travelling teams/region specific teams when you travel. That way, you aren't on your 4th region will all Lv100 mons.
>>
>>31577715
Probably less technical issues of "too big" and more logistical issues like >>31577860 and >>31583468 said.

That said, my own thoughts on how to deal with the level issue would be, for starters... Don't.

Sure, you can plow through each region with your level 100 god-mons but I hope you have false swipe ready to capture new pokemon. And in the end it's your prerogative if you don't want to take the chance to level new teams.

The second thing I would consider for leveling is introducing lateral progression for level 100 pokemon, such as hyper-training and maybe some new systems (like even introducing ways to customize attacks a bit?)

Also, I like what: >>31583558 says about expanded and updated towns. But then it does become a technical issue when even the starting town is expanded to look and feel nearly as big as a quasi-rural suburbia would be in real life.

I've actually thought a lot on how I would love to do a pokemon game set in familiar lands or even an MMO.

So this is stuff that's been on my mind.
>>
File: 1485397133344.jpg (29KB, 333x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485397133344.jpg
29KB, 333x200px
>>31577878
>>
Just make levelling really slow, lol.
>>
>>31577878
>>>/y/outube
and stay there
>>
File: 1480959296509.jpg (68KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480959296509.jpg
68KB, 540x540px
>>31577878
>>31586454
To be honest, a Pokemon game by Nippon Ichi might be kind of cool.

>>31587142
This might work but then you'd need to rebalance learnsets to hell and back.

>>31586558
>You never run into/can't be challenged by anyone more than two badges ahead of you, so you don't have a bunch of Smogon assholes forming an impromptu Team Rocket to hang around Pallet Town and party wipe new players.

Or you could just have the PvP challenge system be invitation based so you can just tell someone to fuck-off and not accept.
>>
>>31577715
Thats fucking massive. It would take way too long and either take up too much data or shirk each region down to the point of meaninglessness. Also Orre is not based on Japan you fucking retard.
>>
>After you finish the first region every battle is capped at level 50 battle tower/tree/maison/whatever style.
Yes? No?
>>
>>31577860
The thing I hate about pokemon is that pokemon levels determine power. If you had no badge restrictions you could become a powerful trainer with a masterball and walking to a high level area of the region (b/c how the FUCK does that work in universe? Pokemon cannot possibly give a shit about the league and its reward system when that only appeared in the lives of pkmn and humans in the last 50 years of their history)

Pockets of high level pokemon in a region seems unlikely and stupid. An area with Bagon, should naturally have Shelgon and Salamence in the area. This could not be more true for baby pokemon considering they are unable to populate.

In the truest sense, the level system is dated as all hell. Powerful pokemon should be determined by evolutionary stage restricted moves.

Trainers should have levels a la GO.

Pokemon is a card game, hear me out here, you have 6 decks and a total of 24 cards. Z-moves/crystals/items function as spells etc. Some abilities restrict access to your other decks or provide resistance to deck types/styles, Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Magnet Pull etc.

Stronger pokemon should have better "cards" simple as that. Motivation enough to train them, they learn new "cards"
>>
File: 1483210434122.png (262KB, 625x667px) Image search: [Google]
1483210434122.png
262KB, 625x667px
>>31583468
>>31583558
For 'duplication of regional dex entries' one idea to make it a bit less repetitive might be to implement an 'age' system of young, growings, and matured, as well as Pokemon go's weight and size system to encourage capturing multiples of each pokemon and such, going something like this:

>Pokedex data entries will start off a bit bare bones with just statistics entered
>As you level, breed, and catch the pokemon's various forms (different genders, sizes, ages, in different regions) the dex entries will fill up with plenty of information about these things until each pokemon entry is a fairly comprehensive encyclopedia page.
>>
File: 109324902834.png (357KB, 1082x676px) Image search: [Google]
109324902834.png
357KB, 1082x676px
>>31577878
>700 levels
>>
>>31586467
Plenty of RPGs have restrictions.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.