[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Generation 8 does in fact take place in Australia, what kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

If Generation 8 does in fact take place in Australia, what kind of things would you be expecting from it? (Pokemon, features, etc)
>>
>>31575217
Starting water type would probably be a platypus or a shark.
>>
Something thats not a money grabbing concept like megas or zmoves
>>
>>31575217
>what kind of things would you be expecting from it?

A quality of life change that makes the previous games harder to play, and a feature I loved removed for no good reason.
>>
>>31575217
Spiders
The elite four is spiders, the gyms are spiders, the champion is spiders, you are spiders. Everything is spiders.
>>
File: 1483226190255.png (205KB, 322x276px) Image search: [Google]
1483226190255.png
205KB, 322x276px
>champion Guzma
>ace is mega ariados
>>
>>31575301
>no drop bear
>>
>>31575217
Weather effects, a train, flood and sandstorm related roadblocks, the second coming of poison type, derelict towns and decaying infrastructure, seasons and a story not based on Legendaries as we have more important things to worry about. Like what the fuck is New Zealand doing there?
>>
>>31575324
>implying we're ever getting any more Megas
>>
A trapdoor spider pokemon, and an Australian form Tentacruel as a box jellyfish.
>>
>>31575217
Galvantula and Aridos owned by almost every trainer.

Emu legendary strong enough to defeat an army
>>
>>31575217
New Zealand as a post game area with a Kiwi Pokemon that evolves in to a Moa.
>>
>>31576536
So just an ordinary Emu?
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 333x241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 333x241px
>>31575217
I'm expecting it to somehow be worse than SM.
>>
Good features removed and more Kanto pandering.
>>
>>31575217
It probably would only be a single state. I would be really disappointed if they turn a trek across Australia into like 1 route that would take a total of like one minute. I know they would scale it down but if the game is restricted to one state the compression wouldn't be as jarring and they can use other states as new regions.
>>
>>31576515
>Australian form Tentacruel as a box jellyfish
>>31576566
>Kiwi Pokemon that evolves in to a Moa
I like these.
>>
>>31576669
Nah, they'll just make it 5 islands that look vaguely like the Southern Cross.
>>
>>31576566
And Mareep has a 90% chance of appearing in every grass patch
>>
>>31575217
Rainbow serpent box art legendary
>>
>>31576669
I hope this. Kalos was a huge-scope nearly-whole-country region and that's where it went wrong. It felt like the theme park version of France. I'd be very happy if we got, say, just a quarter of Australia and then they could include lots of little-known details that they'd have skipped if they'd done an entire-country region.
>>
>>31575217
I mentioned this in the last thread but I'd like a great barrier reef portion. It should look pretty and maybe give the opportunity for a mini game. It would also give dive purpose... Or it could be like the Safari zone and you pay to rent scuba gear and go catch mons with dive balls.
>>
>>31576669
What if it's for the Switch? You could fit an awful lot in a console game.
>>
Call the region Strewth, give us a Fire/Poison snake and Water/Electric Platypus as two of the starters. Not sure about the grass type.

The route 1 shitmons are a Bug/Dark mosquito, a rabbit (Normal/Fighting), and a cane toad (Ground/Poison).
The regional birbs are a Cockatoo (three stage, Flying/Electric) and a Kookaburra (two stage, Grass/Flying)
Bug/Dragon or Poison/Dragon spider as the pseudo.

One of the fossils is a Tasmanian Tiger

>New bluebottle Pokemon
>Fire/Fighting Tasmanian Devil Pokemon
>Water/Steel Hammerhead Shark line
>Fighting/Steel cassowary 2 stage line
>Dark/Ground dingo 2 stage line
>Water/Fairy fairy penguin (no evolution)
>Bunyip (Ghost/Fairy with a Water typed Steelworker)
>Water/Fighting crocodile line with a death spin signature move.
>Some bullshit objectmon boomerang
>>
>>31576828
sounds awesome. What about locations?
>>
>>31576405
As a kiwi I'm kinda a little annoyed about it being there. I'd love to see New Zealand in it's own game though, they'd both make sick regions by themselves.
>>
>>31578837
Honestly, I think New Zealand would make a better game. Its size would allow you to fit more in.

Australia would have to be like the first few regions and only be a small part of a much larger place, even if its interior is mostly barren. New Zealand would just be North or South island.
>>
When you are about to step into the grass, instead of a proffesor stopping you, a snake jumps at you, bites you and you die 1 hour later
>>
>>31578837
>region full of scaffolding workers
oh boy~
>>
>>31576800
Yeah they could but they won't
>>
>>31575217
>loooooooong routes
>most of it is desert

I'd hope that it's nothing like that picture.
>>
>>31579975
>dying of a snake bite
>in Australia
Our antivenom is second to none, dude.
>>
>>31575217
You aren't given a starter. You have to travel into the wild and wrestle one into the ground in order to catch it. Tornadoes and drop bears are a constant threat.
>>
>>31575217
give me the forbidden eight legged spider pokemon
>>
>>31580309
so lets change it from an ordinary snake to regional form of rayquaza, and instead of getting poisoned, you are getting beheaded.
Antivenom problem solved
>>
>>31576515
Blue-ringed octopus would fit that well.
>>
.....Poison Types Everywhere!
>>
>>31580495
...Regional form Reyquaza, my god he'd be a Didgeridoo.
>>
>>31575217
Expecting every NPC to be a shittalker.
>>
>>31581298
I'll accept it.
anything is better than bidoof.
>>
>>31581353
>Also what would the evil team be?
Melbournians.
>>
>>31576828
>One of the fossils is a Tasmanian Tiger
>implying
>>
Now that i think about it, in what part of the world is Orre based

everything is super edgy and kind of post apocalyptic

like what the hell happened to this place all the other regions have super fancy shit but Orre looks like a place people built after a nuclear war
>>
>>31580719
rainbow serpent my dude
>>
>>31581509
Arizona & Nevada I think
>>
>>31581441
Fuck off you Sydney cunts. Melbourne has and always will be better.
>>
>>31581545
Nice try but I'm actually QLD Master Race. Stay pleb lower south eastern states.
>>
>>31581570
Fucking redneck bogens. No one needs you!
>>
File: 1485235714762.jpg (77KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485235714762.jpg
77KB, 768x1024px
>go to tasmania
>only pokemon are zweilous, binacle, doduo, girafarig and weezing
>>
>>31581613
t. poofter
Go choke on another cock faggot.
>>
>>31581298
I want this now. Poison/normal type could be neat for it. As for the other "obligitory x"s:

I guess a kookaburra could work as Australian pikipek? Maybe dark/flying or even psychic/flying could be cool.

A nice, freaky bug/ground trapdoor spider might be neat for the regional bug.

A bilby would make a cool pika clone.

Is a crocodile turning into a sort of croc/bunyip hybrid thing too vanilla to be a pseudo? I'm thinking water/grass type swamp monster type stuff.

Box legends could be anything. I mean, they used (arguably) Norse stuff for a French region, and Medieval European stuff for a Hawaiian region, so I'll guess a set of Mesoamerican god-based legends. A Tezcatlipoca inspired dark/ghost jaguar and a Quetzalcoatl inspired flying/fairy type feathered serpent sound like something gf would do.

Fossils are easy. Poison/rock megalania, and either a dark/rock marsupial lion or a dark/rock Tasmanian tiger. Either way, give em strong jaw and a new rock fang move.

As for the starters...a fire snake fits way too well (both in terms of "muh zodiac," "muh cool/feminine/muscular triangle" [in the cool section] and "muh Australia"), but I'm not sure about the others. A koala would've been a good grass starter, but that's been taken. What about a shingleback skink crossed with a pine cone for the grass starter? They are called "pinecone lizards" down here. The water starter is tricky, and if we follow the whole "has to be a semiaquatic animal" meme, that unfortunately rules out sharks and blue ringed octopi. A blue penguin or freshwater crocodile seem fitting, but everyone would moan about piplup and totodile. A platypus seems like a perfect fit here.

Fuck, now I want all this even more.
>>
Kangaroos.
>>31576405
>>
A petrol pokemon who is summoned via SOS and preyed upon by a monkey pokemon.
>>
>>31575217
>Doduo is the regional bird
>>
>>31581857
DATS RACIEST!
>>
>>31581730
Good stuff- i'm >>31576828 and we seem to agree on a lot of ideas. The skink is a good op for a grass starter, too.

Definitely need a bilby pikaclone, and a blue ring octopus mon.
>>
whatever happened to the poke australia romhack /vp/ was working on?

was it yet another failed project that never got off the ground?
>>
>>31582151
I thought vp's thing was based on South America. I seem to recall a marine iguana and a couple of feathered serpents in the dex, among other South/central American mons.
>>
>>31582151
>>31582177
there WAS a project to make a Pokemon game based in Australia but it sort of died

Sage does indeed have basis on South America, though.
>>
File: 1426295077896.jpg (3MB, 1029x5460px) Image search: [Google]
1426295077896.jpg
3MB, 1029x5460px
>>31582151
This was the last I saw of it.
>>
>>31582151
>they nearly got as far as making the New Zealand postgame maps
>they died before they did

Fuck everything
>>
We'd be getting a Kangaroo pokemans for sure
>>
Needs to have these two things for a Aussie region
>Steve Irwin as the champion
> kangaroo Pokemon
>>
>>31582777
>Kangaskhan
>Ampharos
>Breloom
>>
>>31576754
50/50 chance of Mareep/Miltank in New Zealand
>>
>>31575292
You know that's not possible
>>
>>31575298
And Gen 1 pandering, don't forget it
>>
>>31583581

Your mother has a 50% chance of being a Mareep in New Zealand

But it's the same in Wales as well
>>
>>31581509

Orre is a region lacking in natural resources, A deathscape with little pokemon due to the aridness of the land...

What little of wealth or people is horded in the north while Phenac benefited with a Colosseum and tourism with it's waters before losing the former to Realgem Tower.

Pyrite and Under is where trouble begins and can end. They were the largest mining operation held in all of Orre before it all ran dry or perhaps the Active Mt. Battle could be making it too dangerous to continue at all. So now it is a place ran by the poor and the wicked where the deeper you go... The more wicked and dangerous it got.

The Outskirts stand is the death place of the former railyard used between Gateon port and whatever region lies past Orre.

Orre is a dead country with little value, Perfect for evildoers or a large corporation to take over since it lacks any kind of political power.
>>
>>31583870

Orre is made to be based off Nevada/Arizona

But the culture is all Australia

>Criminals everywhere
>Only decent people live by the sea and seem to have wealth
>Giant fucking psychic birds steal ships to lose them in the desert

Yep, Australia
>>
>>31575292
LOOK OUT HERE COMES

Z-ABILITIES!
>>
>>31576771
Ah, nice to see a little tribute to Yurlungur.

Really though, why isn't a Yurlungur Pokemon a thing?
>>
>>31575217
>>31575301
all pokemon are now poison type.
>>
File: CSFzWUyWsAEg_P7.png (83KB, 511x410px) Image search: [Google]
CSFzWUyWsAEg_P7.png
83KB, 511x410px
>>31575217
>>
>>31581509
>that map
>those names

I had my suspicions that Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were made by 11yo by what i heard from them but that just nails it
>>
i want some legendaries based on abo tales, would be sweet af catching a tidalick

>>31581545
melbourne is superior but you gotta get rid of all the faggots
>>
>>31582301
>no bunyip inspired Poke

>no NARGUN inspired Poke
>>
>>31584162
Your post just triggers me like a fat girl told that only boy/girl couples can dance at the ball.

>a nice little tribute
You make the rainbow serpent sound like it's some obscure shit when its one of the biggest figures in the aborigine dream time stories(the relevancy of aborigine legends is a whole different ball game)

>Yurlungur
>I'm hot shit because I know what might be one of the gajillion names one of the aborigine tribes gave this made up god
Just call it the fucking rainbow serpent
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.