[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Game Freak sexist for not adding non-binary gendered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

Is Game Freak sexist for not adding non-binary gendered Pokemon into the game?
>>
>>31574705
Why would they do that? There are genderless pokemon and the gender is a mechanic for breeding. It would serve literally no purpose
>>
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Genderless_Pok%C3%A9mon
>>
>>31574705
No, not really. That'd be stupid and serve no purpose.

Even if there were pokemon that considered themselves non-binary, they still can only be biologically male or female. Genderless in certain species. There's no changing that.

Actual, biological gender is fundamental to breeding mechanics, whereas non-binary, trans, cis, and all that psychological identification stuff adds literally nothing of value.
>>
>>31574705
>non-binary gendered Pokemon
You know Pokemon are animals right? And animals have no concept of gender?
>>
>>31574785
A very different thing that MIGHT work, is making the biological aspect even stronger in the gender mechanics, by making pokemon based on hermaphrodite animals be actually hermaphrodite in-game.

The problem with that would come when trying to breed 2 hermaphrodite pokemon of different species. Who would be considered the mother in order to determine the offspring's species? would a "mother-indicating-item" be needed? Kinda complicated and unnecesary on the long run when ditto exists.
>>
>>31574705
>gender
The male/female thing in Pokemon clearly represents sex, they just can't call it that because >muh moral guardians. Yes gender is a social construct and blah blah blah but if your dog has a dick and functioning balls between his hind legs his sex is male no matter how pink the tutu you dressed him in is.
And yes it's possible to be intersex, but those are genetic freaks so we're better off not including that nonsense.
>>31574823
Or we could just assume that Ditto are the only true hermaphrodites in the Pokemon world and leave it at that.
>>
>>31574705
>sexist
you mean transphobic
>>
>>31574785
Genders are a social construct, anon. Animals don't claim to be of one gender, because the concept of it for them doesn't exist.

Sexual preferences, maybe. There are homosexual pairings, but gender identification? Bit of a stretch.
>>
>>31574705
No, they're just normal.

You however need help.
>>
>>31574705
There are only two genders.

Why is this on a Pokemon board
>>
>>31574876
Jimbo baiting again.

T W O
W
O
>>
>>31574739
>>31574768
"Genderless" is a gender of its own. It's called "agender", like "asexual".
>>
>t. 2015

I'm glad the time for questions like this being asked unironically is coming to an end.
>>
>>31574835
>gender is a social construct
Stopped reading there. People who believe this also believe that transsexuals are BORN this way. There is no arguing with such retarded logic
>>
File: didyoujustassumemygender.jpg (358KB, 549x1920px) Image search: [Google]
didyoujustassumemygender.jpg
358KB, 549x1920px
>>31574705
Why would anyone complain about that, if anything Game Freak is way too inclusive with the stuff they do.
You Tumblr kids are never satisfied.
>>
>>31574790
Underrated post.
>>
>>31574876
implicationing
>>
>>31574705
>Remove natures and iv
>Add pronouns

Ugh
>>
>>31575104
lol thnx 4 da upboat XDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>31574705
You're fucking retarded for thinking that
>>
>>31574705
Fuck off with your red youtube thumbnail arrow.
>>
>>31575405
its not from youtube
>>
File: 1484911431884.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1484911431884.png
84KB, 250x419px
>>31574790
>psychological disorders
There, I fixed it
>>
File: IMG_3522.jpg (122KB, 750x1014px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3522.jpg
122KB, 750x1014px
>>31574705
>>31574890
>>31574938
>>31575596
>>
>>31575028
This is surprisingly adorable without being it obnoxious about the joke.
>>
>>31574705
>>
>>31574790
Agreed
>>
>>31574705
genderless pokemon are already a thing
>>
>>31574946
What does "t." mean?
>>
>>31575012
Yeah man. I'm sure being trans is just a fetish and they just kill themselves for no reason.
>>
>>31574705
Yes.

Also, to those of you saying "hurr durr muh genderless" get educated: >>31574938
>>
>>31580612
Lurk
Moar
>>
>>31575028
>Filename
I'm an educator and I hear 4th and 5th graders say this all the damn time. You fags need to stop with the memes.
>>
>>31577007
This meme is getting fucking old.
>>
>>31581052
>I don't actually know but I'm going to pretend I do, haha tricked!
>>
>>31574705
>male
>female
>genderless

bi·na·ry
ˈbīnərē,ˈbīˌnərē/
adjective
relating to, composed of, or involving two things.
>>
>>31574705
Jimmy thank you for finally dropping the name, but pleas go away.
>>
>>31574856
You must be retarted
Genders are biological, no social construct gave me a dick and balls.

Now in written or spoken language that's a different situation and is the only place your flawed argument has any ground.

Learn reading comprehension you mongoloid.
>>
No, nonbinary has nothing to do with sex unless you're intersex and even then you're still male or female due to majority rule. When an intersex person is born they're either more female or more male, and that's how their sex/gender is decided. Nonbinary is just bs anyways, no intersex person I know identifies like that. They only do it if they genuinely don't look male or female and it'll cause confusion with their IDs, so the govt with grant them the ability to use X as their sex on their lisences (sometimes, it's very rare though.)
>>
Assuming we equate gender to sex: there are two known genders, and at least two unknown genders (some "gender unknown" can breed with Ditto, whereas others can't), which need not match any or all of the above. That's all the games are saying.

>CAPTCHA
>Hospital closed
oookay
>>
>>31582014
There's only one gender unknown, the genderless Pokemon that are incapable of breeding with Ditto can't because they're in the Undiscovered egg group,
>>
>>31581527
You do realize that "sex" and "gender" may or may not be used as synonyms?

To put is this way: sex is you having no balls, gender is you thinking you should.
>>
OP is istist and that offends me
>>
>>31574823
Or just be GF and make mother/father calculate random upon each egg generation making the offspring be either species. Could even incorporate some silly egg moves that pass onto other herm species in this scenario only.
>>
>>31583859
GF doesnt make distincions on pokemon games
>>
>>31574705
Tumblr pls go, there are only two genders and you're mentally handicapped if you think otherwise.
>>
>>31574705
its not a pokemon's gender its a pokemon's sex you fucking dipshit
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.