[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better at competitive Pokemon? Specifically making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: suspecttest_deod.png (443KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
suspecttest_deod.png
443KB, 600x400px
How do I get better at competitive Pokemon? Specifically making a competitive team. I play on Showdown but I feel like I'm not doing as much as I could be to be getting better. What else can I do? Tutoring takes too long to open up for me.
>>
>>31572501
Was hoping to learn the same myself

Does anyone know how to math the shit out of team building? I see people throwing around damage equations and I know they are part of git gud process but finding them and understanding them seems hard without an article or post explaining it all.
>>
>>31572878
I think you need the Pokemon Showdown Calculator.
>>
>>31572501
Well, there's a list of things you're gonna want to do. No meta is the same, so my first recommendation is to check out replay archives like SPL to get a good idea of the metagame you plan to join. Make note of the available usage statistics and get an idea of the most common things in the tier. When you're sure you have a decent idea of what is popular and good in your tier, use resources like the "good cores" threads and the teambuilding compendium to guide along your team building process. To find the damage calculator to make your own EV spreads, simply type /calc in any showdown room. Most of all though, just play. Save your replays religiously, and when you're done, look over what you failed to do, and the things your team simply couldn't provide. Use the replays to polish out both issues in your building and your playing, and you should improve in no time.
>>
>>31572501
Team building is the thing that most people have trouble with, but I usually just follow the "build a team around one pokemon" idea.

You just take a pokemon and add pokemon that would complement it. Like for example, if you're building a team around a really good offensive pokemon, you could add a mon with hazards for more momentum or a mon with heal bell to save it from Burns. Just make sure that that one mon isn't your bread and butter, or else everytime it gets KOed you lose automatically.
>>
File: well just fucking kill me then.jpg (46KB, 508x677px) Image search: [Google]
well just fucking kill me then.jpg
46KB, 508x677px
First get an idea of the meta you want to play, OU, VGC, Ubers or whatever, and learn what is prevalent in that meta and work your team around being prepared for it

A lot of being able to see weaknesses in a team comes from experience

Pic related was my notes when I made a Venusaur/Heatran + M-manectric voltturn team, that was scrapped after I found out manectite is still unavailbe
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.