[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell does this have to be so fucking tedious every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Why the hell does this have to be so fucking tedious every single gen? Okay, I don't want to waste BP on items I can also find in the wild, that should be a fair enough mindset for a player to have. And okay a lot of these held items are rare, and you make an ability that allows them to be less rare (Compound Eyes) and an ability that allows you to check if a Pokemon you encounter has an item (Frisk) and a bunch of moves that allow you to swap/steal items (Thief etc).

SO WHY THE HELL DOES IT STILL TAKE AGES TO DO THIS I'M SITTING HERE WITH A BUTTERFREE AND ALOLAN EXEGGUTOR AND I'M LUCKY IF I GET AT LEAST ONE ITEM EVERY HOUR

And you know what's the worst part? In Gen III and IV, Compound Eyes just straight up raises the chance of a mon holding the item by 50% (so 5% becomes 55%, 20% becomes 70%, 50% becomes 100%). In Gen V, they fucking change this so instead it raises to specific increments (5% to 20%, 20% to 50%, 50% to 60%).

Guess it's just another reason to fuck Unova
>>
prease understanding ^_^
>>
>>31570667
>In Gen V, they fucking change this so instead it raises to specific increments
Dude, since gen 5 you get a free lucky egg.
>>
>>31570733
Just an example image.
>>
Just infect lol
>>
just SOS chain it lmao
>>
>>31570667
>Guess it's just another reason to fuck Unova
You get a free lucky egg when you reach chargestone and another in the postgame.

You're pretty much going
>fuck Unova for alleviating my problem!
>>
>>31570749
>>31570739
>>31570739
>>31570739

Not looking for a Lucky Egg. That was just the first image on google that tangentially relates to the issue.

And by "Alolan Exeggutor" you should have realized that I'm actually doing this on SM.
>>
>>31570667
Pretty sure CompoundEyes don't affect pokemon called through SOS. I can't prove it, but that's my impression after trying multiple times. Using Thief as soon as the battle started gave me the item in 3-4 tries, while with SOS I had to wait 20, maybe 30 spawns before finding the item
>>
>hating unova's wild item issues instead of alola's
At least you could get infinite Lucky Eggs in Gen V.
>>
What
Juniper gives you the lucky egg in the unova games
chargestone cave in BW and celestial tower in B2W2
>>
>>31570743
>>
>>31570667
I cheat them.
>>
>>31570667
Get a pokemon with pickup
>>
>>31572129
just insect lol
>>
>>31570764

Just cat a meowth that knows pick up breed it 4 times then choose a pokemon that you need to level up anyway and just battle. Make sure you turn exp share off and check the meowth after every fight. I got 3 destiny knots pretty quick like that.
>>
>>31572153
Just incest lol
>>
>>31574659
Just ingest lol
>>
>>31574846
just invest lol
>>
>>31574858
just invent lol
>>
>>31575664
just indent lol
>>
>>31575680
>just indent lol
>>
I want a fucking Weavile dammit. It's the only thing I am missing on the Alola Pokedex. Jangmo-o has a 5% appearance rate. It holds a Razor Claw 5% of the time, bumped up to 20% by CompoundEyes. That's the only way to get one in the game, period. I'd trade for it but none of my friends have been able to get a razor claw either and everyone on GTS wants fucking Tapus and Mewtwos and shit for them. This is garbage.
>>
>>31570764
Are you retarded?
For one that's a gen 4 image and has nothing to do with the thing people are calling you out on.
Two instead of saying "fuck alola" the game you're currently having issues with you decide to mention Unova the one that didn't have a problem with lucky eggs at all.
>>
File: git gud2.jpg (54KB, 375x521px) Image search: [Google]
git gud2.jpg
54KB, 375x521px
>>31570667
>>
>>31576111
if you're still here, just use Tapu Koko and SOS chain since he is immune to Jangmo's attacks and can learn false swipe and thief.

Make sure you don't have an item on koko or you can't steal the claw. Also give him a move that doesn't target both enemies (dazzling gleam and discharge both do). Kommo-o seems to be called about 10% of the time and holds the claw 50% chance.

I got two razor claws (1 for me and a friend) today so it really isn't bad
>>
>>31570667
>And you know what's the worst part? In Gen III and IV, Compound Eyes just straight up raises the chance of a mon holding the item by 50% (so 5% becomes 55%, 20% becomes 70%, 50% becomes 100%)
No. No, that's not how percentages work. An increase of 50% is a multiplier of 1.5. Before Gen V, 5% became 7.5%, 20% became 30%, and 50% became 75%.

So, post Gen V, Compound Eyes is less useful if you're looking for something with a 50% chance of being held, but, for everything else, it's better.
>>
If you're going to complain about how hard getting something is, then don't. You literally have no right to complain since there are easier ways to get the items baked into the games and barring that, you can inject. The reason you're not is because of your own autism, which we're not here to cater to.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.