[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal in the older games for the new generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1479988291894.png (349KB, 833x494px) Image search: [Google]
1479988291894.png
349KB, 833x494px
What's the appeal in the older games for the new generation of pokemon fans? why would anyone ever go back to the crappy 2D games with no megas and GTS/Wondertrading other than misguided nostalgia? Is there any valid reason to play anything but the 3DS pokemon games?
>>
Did you even try lol
>>
>>31570301
Did you? Do you have anything to counter my arguments or you're just memeing?

It can't even be "i like a certain pokemon/move/ability" nostalgia because the new games have everything, unlike older versions. And let's not even begin on the side activities and battling that are only active in the new versions anyway.
>>
>>31570301
OP has a point tho.
>>
>>31570274
They don't. They might try the older games when they're older and begin to appreciate history more but right now they don't.
>>
>>31570274
exclusive pokes/pokes you can't get in this gen

only reason I can think of. or if you really like the setting of a certain game. for instance, I loved sinnoh, especially the starter choices. I'm not new to the series, but it could happen to other people. not extremely likely, but still
>>
>>31570274
Gen I
>Monochrome like every GB games

Gen II
>Magnificent 8-Bits graphics

Gen I & II
>Can connect to Stadium and Stadium 2 with N-Rage plugin (emulator only)

Gen III
>Who doesn't like SNES-like graphics?

Gen IV
>Besides reminding N64 in graphics, the Battle Frontier alone makes it to have more Post-Game than Gen VI and VII together

Gen V
>The same as Gen IV but with PWT replacing Battle Frontier + HAs and Gen V Pokémon.
>>
>>31570483
>any of those
>selling points to kids or people jumping in from pokemon go

"no".
>>
IV and V games are harder than VI and VII, maybe that can be a reason to play them
>>
>>31570772
>this meme again

Gen VI and VII are way more challenging than anything before them due to smart/varied movesets and typings, smarter AI, EV trained mons and many more additions; And don't even use the exp share option, the game is a tailored challenge with it on and hard mode intended with it off (compared to the older ones - no pokemon game is difficult except for Sun-Moon)

Take off your nostalgia glasses unovabortion
>>
>>31570274
Just to get certain pokemon with certain moves or abilities. That's it.
>>
>>31570274
For new players? Absolutely none other than historical interest. But I've been playing since Gen 1 and it's just comfy to revisit a different time and embrace the nostalgia.
>>
They're different. There are different Pokemon available, different bosses to fight, different TMs to use (for the most part), etc..

They aren't necessarily better, but just that fact alone means some people will want to play them instead of SM, XY, or ORAS for their second+ time.
>>
>>31571181
>They're different.
they're incomplete
everything they have, the new games have better

>There are different Pokemon available
you can get all pokemon in gen 6/7

>different bosses to fight
earlier incarnations with shitty movesets and no fairy type/megas/z-move strategies

no thank you

>different TMs to use
all TMs are in newer games
>>
Emerald and Platinum have a battle froentier, and no megas is enough of a reason for me to keep playing the games that came before XY.
>>
>>31570319
they have everything? where are the mega stones.
>>
>>31571242
>where are the mega stones
In gen 6 and 7? Definitely not in the pre-3DS games you retard
>>
>>31570274
GTS and Wonder Trade are your only viable arguments.
Those could be added anytime by nintendo they are just too lazy.
>>
File: [Bait].png (85KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
[Bait].png
85KB, 200x200px
>>
>why would anyone ever go back to the crappy 2D games with no megas and GTS/Wondertrading other than misguided nostalgia?
for pokecred. i.e., because they want to say they did

if you say you never played gen 1/2/3/4 on /vp/, everyone will hate you. if you say you played all of them, everyone will be fine with that and assume you aren't a unovagamete unless you explicitly declare that you are
>>
>>31571209
>you can get all pokemon in gen 6/7
Not in the main story. Some pokemon got forgotten entirely in gen6/7 and were only added to mirage islands/friend safari as an afterthought.
>>
>>31571209
>They're incomplete
Not having the latest things doesn't mean they're incomplete. They still have a shitty Pokemon level plot, with gym leaders, and an E4.

>you can get all pokemon in gen 6/7
Yeah, once you hit the post game. And then if I wanted to use them on a normal run I'd have to breed them, then trade them over/bank them over to the game I wanted to play through. While I'm not saying that's hard, it's a lot more fluid to just catch them normally.

>earlier incarnations with shitty movesets and no fairy type/megas/z-move strategies
I do agree with you on that, the newer boss fights were helped a lot with these changes, but that doesn't mean the previous ones are completely obsolete. They can still be challenging if you aren't prepared for them.

>all TMs are in newer games
Some changed, that was probably my weakest argument, but just a thought.
>>
>>31570849
>Gen VI and VII are way more challenging than anything before them

ahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
>>
>>31570849
as someone who just recently went back and played BW and BW2 challenge mode , they they definitely more challenging than gen 6 and 7 for me.
>>
>>31570483

>who doesn't like SNES-like graphics

Anybody who never owned an SNES as a child. If you don't have nostalgia for it, it's extremely unappealing.
>>
>>31571857

>at least Blue isn't as underleveled as Diantha
>Blue's team is lower leveled, and his ace is almost 100 BST weaker
>using screenshots comparing one random person's game to another's with absolutely no indication of how much grinding they've done

wew
>>
>>31571253
>he doesn't know that almost half the mega stones are missing from S/M
Wew lad
>>
>>31571977
i never owned an SNES as a child and i love it.

stop projecting
>>
File: 1482722798813.jpg (23KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1482722798813.jpg
23KB, 306x306px
>IT'S NEW SO IT'S BETTER
>>
>>31573107
which part of "3DS games" you can't understand
>>
>>31571857
>image bitching about the new exp share when you can turn it off
>"levels are higher and movesets are miles better but it doesnt count because of exp share!!!!11"

Typical.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.