[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Harsh Sunlight weather now protects grass type from its weaknesses,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: bravest of birds.png (247KB, 539x500px) Image search: [Google]
bravest of birds.png
247KB, 539x500px
>Harsh Sunlight weather now protects grass type from its weaknesses, the same way Delta Stream protects flying type from its weaknesses
How would it affect the meta?
>>
>>31569031
wouldn't make sense to protect grass from fire though. I can see it losing ice weakness in sunlight, but why flying/bug?
>>
>>31569031
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo
>>
>>31569051
Ice would make sense but I don't see the point in boosting a bad typing slightly by nerving another bad typing.
>>
>>31569051
another suggestion: harsh sunlight protects grass from Ice, while Rain protects it from fire. Hail protects it from bug. Make grass type the ultimate weather-depending type!
>>
>>31569066
Nice.
>>
>>31569064
I'm always advocating giving ice types more benefits in hail. Maybe a 50% increase in defense, or make them resistant to normal, fighting and water ("fragile" ice types get hard as stone in the sheer cold)
>>
>>31569031
to answer your question: sunlight teams will become popular again. People will lose their minds. Arceus will commit suicide because Tapu Bulu took its place as the pokemon god.
>>
>>31569031
Cherrim will be in ubers
>>
How to rebalance the type chart and improve type diversity in the meta:

Psychic types are now immune to confusion and resistant to poison.
Ice gets a 50% defense buff in hail, just like Rock does wifh sp. defense in sand, and it's now resistant to normal and flying.
Grass types always get a 25% speed boost in sunlight and harsh sun, does not stack with Chlorophyll.
Rock becomes resistant to electric and immune to hail damage.
Steel becomes weak to electric.
Water becomes weak to poison.
Bug is not resisted by Poison and Ghost anymore.
Fairy is now resisted by Grass.

More moves like Aurora Veil with strong effects in determinated weathers, terrains and other conditions that play on the strenghts or compensate the weaknesses of certain types.

Rate.
>>
>>31569171
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo
>>
>>31569171
Bug and Grass should've resisted fairy when it was introduced in gen 6!
Ice should resist water.
>>
>>31569175
Explain why please, I tried to make everything have some sort of sense and focused on fixing the more flawed types.
>>
>>31569066
Actualy I always thoutgh Hail should do double damage to grass type.
>>
>>31569208
I'm >>31569175

>Psychic types are now immune to confusion and resistant to poison.
The confuse thing is okay, but poison doesn't need more shit.
>Ice gets a 50% defense buff in hail, just like Rock does wifh sp. defense in sand, and it's now resistant to normal and flying.
fine, ice needs it.
>Grass types always get a 25% speed boost in sunlight and harsh sun, does not stack with Chlorophyll.
too much. sun bro already does too well in tournaments, we don't want to just hand him the world championship.
>Rock becomes resistant to electric and immune to hail damage.
immune to hail? i don't get that. i agree electric needs more interactions, but i'm not sure this is the right way to do it.
>Steel becomes weak to electric.
wat? why? no, i think steel should get hit by one of the weaker types, to buff it a little (bug cause insects chew through wires, ice cause frozen metal is brittle, idfk) but not electric.
>Water becomes weak to poison.
also why? poison needs the buff, i agree- but water?
>Bug is not resisted by Poison and Ghost anymore.
Bug certainly needs the buff. These are fine.
>Fairy is now resisted by Grass.
fair should resist fire water AND grass or none of them, imo. but i think fairy needs more interactions, too.

>More moves like Aurora Veil with strong effects in determinated weathers, terrains and other conditions that play on the strenghts or compensate the weaknesses of certain types.
Completely agree here.

Not my best rate, but i stand by it.
>>
>>31569093
>make them resistant to normal, fighting
Don't buff a bad type by shitting on another bad type. That's how we got in this situation.
>>
>>31571474
>Water? Why?
Because Water is one of the best types and to make Poison more spammable. Basically every team has a bulky water and needs it or the team fails.
>>
>>31569268
from a gameplay standpoint, grass won't appreciate another handicap, but sure it would make sense! It would be a trade-off.
And I could think of many other weather effects, like harsh sunlight stripping ghosts from the ability to switch out whenever they want, or remove their immunity to normal etc.. you know what I mean. Lots of cool possibilites!
>>
>>31571474
Water and Fairy need nerfs more than any type presently.

Damn near every water type has ice beam, which fucks a lot of different types, including grass. And scald which fucks physical attackers.
>>
>>31569171
All Ice needs is to drop the Rock weakness. Makes no sense to hinder a type to a particular hazard when said type is 100% shitty to begin with.
At least other Rock weaknesses usually balance out broken mons (Talonflame last gen, Volcarona, Charizards, flying types in OU in general)
>>
File: opinion trash.jpg (23KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
opinion trash.jpg
23KB, 500x674px
>>31571474
>fair should resist fire water AND grass
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.