[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of puzzles should Pokémon have? Are Strength and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Dotted Hole.png (6KB, 208x176px) Image search: [Google]
Dotted Hole.png
6KB, 208x176px
What kind of puzzles should Pokémon have?

Are Strength and ice puzzles good? Is translating Braille even a puzzle?
>>
they should update the style of the puzzles with the more natural enviroment we have now, the strenght mechanics were boring in SM
>>
>>31563477
>Is translating Braille even a puzzle?
Yes, if you didn't look up the Braille Alphabet. Figuring out that they had given you the alphabet was supposed to be the puzzle.
>>
I thought the braille puzzles were really neat and mysterious until I figured out it was braille. I remember me and a few friends working together to decifer everything. though I assume most children now adays have internet acess and would just search online and find the answer to anything they cant figure out in a few minutes.
>>
>>31563477
Ice puzzles and strength puzzles are awesome
I also liked that puzzle in Platinum, in that gym where you knock the sandbags around
Those kinds of puzzles should be in every overhead RPG
>>
I always remember the seafoam isle strength and water level stuff.
>>
>>31563477
>Is translating Braille even a puzzle?
No. Because there is no puzzle, the answer is in your front, all that you have to do is translate.
If you have to check an outside source for the answer of a puzzle, then there is no puzzle. You must always be able to figured out puzzles by yourself.
>>
>>31564609
if you didn't know braille, the puzzle was figuring out that the symbols stood for the entire alphabet, and the challenge then was in deciphering the messages by either writing down all the symbols to letters, or constantly going back and forth as I did.

You didn't need an outside source, you just had to not be stupid.
>>
>>31563754
90% of people tossed the booklet. It was the GBA, everything you needed to know was in the game and the boxes sucked. Or maybe it was just me and my friends. I was 8. Still, translating a thing hardly counts as a puzzle.
>>
>>31564984
>You didn't need an outside source
So, do you translate by yourself? Without checking the Braille Alphabet?
>>
>>31564984
Nobody did that. You either looked it up or kept the booklet. I learned it through schoolyard talk, and I have no idea how the first kid figured it out.
>>
>>31564609
>>31564984
Wait, didn't they have a braille cipher in the game?

I know for sure RSE had all the characters laid out alphabetical order in a certain chamber, all you had to do was copy them down. Did FRLG not have that?

Also fuck me this music scared me when I was a kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rRBVHQu36Y
>>
>>31565015
yes. The entire braille was listed out in one room, you just had to figure out that it was indeed lined up with the alphabet. I remember I figured it out because of the comma and period symbols. I believe period was literally just one dot too, which made it easier.
>>
>>31565008
Some of that stuff was cryptic though, so you needed some intuition for what the clues were trying to convey for you to finish the puzzle.
>>
>>31563477
braille is pretty shit in hindsight but it was the perfect level of cryptic for my 5th grade brain. i printed out a braille to english letters thing and wrote it down, and i felt like a fuckin genius. it blew my balls off when I realized there were legendaries beyond the puzzle.
>>
>>31565090
>>31565080
oh wait, well fuck me sideways, I didn't realize OP posted Dotted Hole from FRLG.

I don't quite remember that one, but I assume the symbols told you which way to go.

I'm assuming that there was a way to tell if you were going forward or not, but I'd have to play it myself to make sure.
>>
File: file.png (364KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
364KB, 400x395px
>>31563477
Strength puzzles were never good. The ones in Pokemon never required any mental input. They were just there to wall you off from certain areas.
If I wanted block puzzles I'd play pic related.
>>
I love strength and ice puzzles. Gen 2 Ice Path is my favorite dungeon in all of Pokémon. Unfortunately Game Freak seems to have decided people don't like puzzles anymore
>>
I like the desert puzzle in SM
They give you the number pattern

You had to figure out yourself that the rocks are what the numbers are for
>>
>>31565157
>loved this game
>years later find out there was a sequel
>never knew because they gave it a completely different name
>>
>>31563477
Strength puzzles are neat but they should be ones where the rocks stay in a spot when moved instead of resetting, because it gets tedious. But then you have to make a way for the rocks to not get in an unmovable position, so they make it baby easy instead of figuring it out right. Which suck and with Ride pokemon it would work so much better if they got it right.
Braille? No, that was stupid. Needing the booklet sucked and in FRLG there was no way of figuring how to get into the dotted hole. There needed to be a cipher somewhere in the game, or a bunch of fragments of individual pieces to the cipher that come together at the end. I hope I see puzzles back in the game eventually but hope thye aren't piss easy or stupidly obscure either
>>
Bring back the falling hole puzzles
>>
File: fugg.jpg (87KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
87KB, 600x797px
>>31565024
Learned it through schoolyard talk too, and honestly I didn't believe it until I got to that part in the game and stumbled upon the dive spot by accident.

I mean really

>dive in a small patch
>surface at the spot exactly in front of the underwater braille
>use dig on the wall
>have wailord first in your party and relicanth last while reading braille
>find the caves that opened
>use flash/rock smash/run a lap around hugging the walls

That's so over the top and cryptic it genuinely sounds like one of those BS stories you used to hear your friends say. No NPC even hints about it either. I wonder if that's what they were going for.
>>
>>31565479
I wish Pokemon had more shit like that.
>>
>>31565502
I wouldn't mind more of it either. I either find it on my own or see it on here, either way cool stuff.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.