[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i the only one that feels catching a Pokemon no longer feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Pokeball.png (122KB, 894x893px) Image search: [Google]
Pokeball.png
122KB, 894x893px
Am i the only one that feels catching a Pokemon no longer feels special? Not just because of the GTS but finding a pokemon you love and getting it no longer feels like an accomplishment.

Not saying that the mechanic should be removed or reworked at all. I was just wondering if /vp/ could come up with a pokemon catching mechanic that involves other means aside from the pokeball.

Imagine a version in which pokeballs don't exist at all.

For example what about something similar to placing food like in monster hunter? This would draw certain pokemon out of hiding . I know this has been done before with honey but a more in depth and entertaining way.

Another example but applied to the process of actually adding the pokemon to your team. What about a taming mechanic? First you make the pokemon faint and outside of battle you have a small ammount of time to feed it gathered resourced so it will join your party.

Do you think these would be fun? Do you think these are completely retarded and shit? Share your autistic ideas too.
>>
>>31560968
It was never special because it's just data.
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 251x201px
Why not just make the next game about releasing Pokemon instead of catching them?
>>
Yeah, but that's because I've played the games for 20 years. I do wish we had more ways to capture Pokémon such as honey, Game Corner prizes, headbutt trees, rocksmash etc.
>>
Interesting ideas....that could easily be much more trouble than they're worth. Knowing how GF loves to make certain things overly complicated like sos calls that only in specific weather.
>>
>>31560968
It's called Dragon Quest Monsters

now fuck off catching pokemon has been the same shit since the beginning

saged
>>31561008
shut up N(igger)
>>
>more gimmick shit to capture pokemon and force you to GTS what you want instead

hell no

if anything shit like GTS and Wondertrade should be scrapped. It completely kills the reason to trade with friends and buy different versions. "I want a passimian i'll get Sun", nope, i'll get moon and trade a yungoos for one ten seconds later, boo fucking hoo. That's why capturing things doesnt feel special anymore, there's no effort, you can just trade a full pokedex in a day
>>
>>31561026
The ideas posted in the OP are nothing like DQ monsters at all. In DQ monsters you just throw items at them and cross fingers so that they'll join.
>>
>>31560968
How's April of 2007 treating you OP?
>>
I've always thought about a system for befriending Pokemon like in the anime. Sure you can battle them and catch them, but what if you could also just find them out in the wild doing whatever they usually do (Mankey hunting for berries, Metapod and Silcoon sitting around in forests, Zubat sleeping in caves during daytime). You could interact with them in a special way depending on the Pokemon (Maybe teach a Wimpod to be more brave, give Murkrow something shiny, etc.) and win their trust.

I think it'd break up the cycle of
>run circles in grass till you whittle down all the mons in that area with false swipe
>>
>>31560968
They fixed this issue by making the new Pokémon in Gen 7 difficult to find with low encounter rates and such.

Now finding a new Pokémon and catching it once again feels special.
>>
>>31560968
Safari Zone: Throw bait to a Pokémon or come closer to it to catch it.

Pokémon Ranger games: You have that thing that surrounds a Pokémon many times to catch it.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Defeat an enemy and it'll have a chance of asking if you can recruit it. Use a special scarf and grind Levels to increased that chance by 0.1% each 10 Levels.

EP001: Ash caught his Pikachu using a rope.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.