[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>they announce BW remakes >"YESSSS GAME FREAK IS SAVED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

>they announce BW remakes
>"YESSSS GAME FREAK IS SAVED AND WILL FINALLY FOCUS ON MAKING GOOD GAMES AGAIN
>Charizard makes a short appearance in a trailer
>"OMG WORST GAMES EVER THEY ARE OBJECTIVELY SHIT AND PANDER TO GENWUNNERS AND WILL NO DOUBT BE OVERLY CASUALIZED AND RAPE THE GOD TIER STORY OF B/W"
>>
>>31560774
Kek
>>
I don't give a damn I want to make more movies.
>>
>>31560774
B/W sucked ass

And without a doubt has the worst line up of any generation
>>
>>31560774
kanto remakes will come before black/white remakes
>>
>thing is shit
>charizard is appears for a second
>WOW YOU ONLY HATE IT BECAUSE CHARIZARD IS THERE AND YOU HATE GENWUNNER PANDERING GEEZ GROW UP
>>
>>31560852
But what the OP describes is what literally happened when Charizard Glide was announced for S/M
>>
>>31560774
Considering that having only gen 5 mons was one of the points of BW, I think you could've picked a better example for your shitpost, bud.
>>
>>31560774
I misread that as wimpy anus
>>
>>31560869
>only gen 5 mons was one of the points of BW
Which they fucked mere 2 years later, in the next Unova games.
>>
>>31560812
Shit taste
End your life
>>
>>31560887
Suck my dick first

B/W was garbage like your mothers worn out pussy
>>
>>31560882
Not to mention that having only Gen 5 mons hurt BW's reputation with normies and was probably one reason why they were outsold by XY and earlier DP, so it would be very questionable for them to do it again except to the contrarian hipsters on /vp/. Especially now that the Unova Pokémon aren't "new" anymore, so they'd be appealing to a very small subset of fans who are head-over-heels nostalgic for Gen 5 - i.e. /vp/.
>>
>>31560882
Nah, they're sequels. You have a nice fresh experience in the first game, and then you expand the dex. Think of them as gen 5's GSC.

It's a model I wish they would have implemented more often, honestly. But with the bitching that ensued, it'll never happen again.
>>
It's not much that the people would hate the games due to Kanto pandering, but more the fact that they're fucking tired Charizard is fucking everywhere

you can't even afford to touch that one icon accidentally or so help me god, why the fucking hell is seeing the trainer jump on Charizard's back every damn time so fucking necessary every time you press the Pelago access
>>
>>31560934
Sorry, then let's take a step back. They introduced more Pokemon in Unova in postgame BW. It didn't even take 2 years.
>>
>>31560911
I'm one of the biggest gen5fags around and even I'm not "nostalgic" for it, what the fuck? It was only 6 years ago.

>>31560950
>postgame
As they do every gen? The main adventure is all that matters and it was clearly what they were going for.
>>
>>31560934
>REEEEEE thanks to the whining of genwunner normies we'll never get a zillion never-before-seen based bugs every generation and those Golurk and Volcarona buffs that we absolutely need instead of alternate forms for Kanto mons!!!

>>31560946
How would they react if Mewtwo was shown instead? (i.e. assume Mewtwo is obtainable in BW remakes but not the Kanto starters, similar to the old legendaries in B2W2, making it the main selling point for normies)
>>
>>31560989
Why are you sperging out?
>>
>they announce BW remakes
>it flops horribly just like BW
>/vp/ will call them the best pokemon games of all time just because they're related gen gen V
>>
>>31560979
Point is, Unova was never the pure region you think it was. It always had Pokemon from other region. There's zero reason to just force people to play with Unova Pokemon if it's going to have other region's Pokemon anyway.
>>
To many damn contrarians on /vp/
>>
>>31560774
it wouldn't matter if it was just a second, the fact is Charizard is everywhere

It is in every season of the anime
It's featured in 5x as much promotional material as other Kanto starters
It got TWO megas

People recognize this blatant pandering and get annoyed by it. I didn't really like Charizard. I liked my Venusaur. Why isn't there a Venusaur X/Y? Because toys of it wouldn't sell as well.
>>
>>31561027
They're all postgame, so in your actual adventure you're still restricted to Unova mons, I don't see your point. Are people's criticisms of DP not having fire types or not allowing you to use most of the new evos null and void because they're accessible postgame?
>>
Charizard is the best designed starter, with also the best designed megas.
>>
File: 549.png (984B, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
549.png
984B, 96x96px
>BLACK AND WHITE WITH SUMO'S CUTSCENE HELL

sounds delightful!
will stick with BW2
>>
>>31561098
The "one of the main points of BW" was something that was worked around in the first Unova games. I don't see why it couldn't be done again, just in the main game instead of being exclusive to the postgame. That's my point.
>>
>>31561259
Except it wasn't worked around at all? Old pokémon were exclusive to the postgame. That doesn't conflict in any way with what they were going for, which was an adventure with new pokémon only. Postgame has always opened the floodgates to everything else, even in older gens.

It's one thing to hate that idea and to think that you should get access to old mons earlier, but to claim that "There's zero reason to just force people to play with Unova Pokemon if it's going to have other region's Pokemon anyway" is missing the point of their decision entirely.
>>
>>31560774
Charizard bridge?

I mean, my main thing with any prospective Unova games is that they're another sequel of some sort. If they just remade BW1 it would be pretty boring imo, even with seeing stuff like Castelia in full-fledged 3d would be amazing.
>>
>>31561410
Hate the idea? Far from it. I thought it was a good way to make the games feel fresh. I would argue that even being in postgame counts, but it's going nowhere and we're just repeating the same thing over and over again, so I'll just take back what I said about "only new Pokemon" rule being broken in BW.

But still, there really is no reason to not add older Pokemon, especially in a remake, since they've already done it before. The entire point was to make people use the new Pokemon. The Pokemon aren't new anymore. That's why they changed it in BW2. There really is zero reason to force people to play with only Unova Pokemon.
>>
>>31560911
well they fucked that up even more now, with rattatas fucking everywhere. I hope genwunners are pleased because I sure am not
>>
BW1 was shit and the start of the problems with modern Pokemon, having Pokemon outside of the Unova dex would do nothing to make the game better or worse
>>
>>31561438
>BW3
>not BW0
>>
>>31561590
Fair enough, mate.

And I think there was a misunderstanding here, I wasn't advocating for there not being any old mons in the remakes, when I said I wished the model was implemented more often I was referring to actual new games.

All I said in my original post was that of all the examples OP could've picked, they went straight for the one whose originals had no old mons. It'd still be dumb, but it'd be more understandable as a kneejerk reaction, imo.

I'm sure if the same Charizard made an appearance in a Sinnoh remake trailer, people would lose their shit just as hard.
>>
>>31560774
>>they announce BW remakes

Who the fuck wants this? Why is it always remakes with you retards?
>>
>>31561832
Yeah, make a sequel instead
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.