[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Finally got into the competitive aspect of Pokémon during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: keep_calm.png (36KB, 306x164px) Image search: [Google]
keep_calm.png
36KB, 306x164px
>Finally got into the competitive aspect of Pokémon during Gen 6 to the point where I played it more than any other 3ds game I had
>Reach the post game in Sun and Moon and lost all drive afterwards

What happened to me /vp/? I have barely touched Sun and Moon since I first fought Green at the Battle Tree.
>>
>>31552105
Are you me?
>>
I really need to stop shiny hunting. It really just kills all my drive when I could be breeding competitive pokemon to use in the battle tree or play with friends.
>>
>>31552105
just start injecting, enjoy using lots of different mons without all the aids grinding
>>
>>31552259
this honestly
>>
>>31552105

Sun/Moon removed a lot of in game stuff I liked and the plaza is shit as a wifi hub.

I find myself going back to 6 more often than not.
>>
>>31552259
>>31552282
If I wanted to inject, I would. But I'm fairly certain I don't have the equipment for it, and I'm not buying anything.
>>
>>31552105
Sun and Moon are shit games, that might have something to do with it.
>>
>>31552293
>>31552325
Nah, I'd still rather play Gen 7 than 6.
6 was a huge mistake.
>>
>>31552105
you're telling me, I didn't even get to postgame, I burned out of ORAS before victory road and havent touched the game since

pokemon has lost it's magic for me, as it will for you and everybody on this board that isn't severely mentally impaired.
>>
>>31552105
>Green

Funny, I don't recall meeting anyone named Green at the battle tree.
>>
>>31552347

7 is just so empty. Like, I can get 6 was bad, but I didn't know it could get worse until 7 removed battle types, a national dex, and made the entire online experience shittier.

If we're talking pure from an online standpoint, I don't see how 7 can compete. If we're talking in game I think theyre both different levels of shit.
>>
>>31552308

all you need is a USB item that reads SD cards and that costs about $10

as for being burned out i kind of feel the same way, the gen 7 meta isnt as fun for some reason
>>
>>31552557
I have a New 3ds.
>>
>>31552600
unscrew the back to pop out the SD card
>>
i'm at 180 hours and i haven't even really battled online yet
tree was tough
>>
>>31552622
or just use the n3ds's network data management function
>>
>>31552105
I feel the same. And I genuinely think Sun and Moon are better single player experiences than any of the games last gen.
I guess I'm just out of steam. Well, that and the Tapus and Assgreninja look exceptionally cancerous and I don't know If i even want to concern myself with them.
>>
>>31552308

All you need is a 3DS on any firmware and a certain file on your SD card and it's good to go.

Look up soundhax.
>>
>>31552717
>And I genuinely think Sun and Moon are better single player experiences than any of the games last gen.

See I disagree there. Region feels empty, they force characters on you via cutscenes, and generally cut down exploration.

Nevermind games are still piss easy. All I can give 7 is their music.
>>
File: .png (134KB, 394x292px) Image search: [Google]
.png
134KB, 394x292px
I still haven't finished Moon. I got to the fourth island, and I'm just sorta forcing myself to play at this point. It's not even like I hate the game, I just don't have any motivation.
>>
>>31552727
game was actually difficult this time around
>>
>>31552105
>What happened to me /vp/?
You realized that SM are a huge downgrade from XY, despite what the mememasters on /vp/ says.
>>
The menus in SM are far more choppy than XY/ORAS and movement isn't as smooth as them either despite everyone getting hard over free movement pre-release, so they aren't enjoyable to do autistic comp prep in unlike the comparatively buttery smooth XY/ORAS.

>>31552727
>>31552743
>any Pokemon game
>difficult
>>
>>31552743
difficult is a bit of a stretch, harder than gen 6 for sure but i wouldnt for sure place it above any others
>>
>>31552727
>Region feels empty, they force characters on you via cutscenes, and generally cut down exploration.
These are all problems present in X and Y. Still I feel like the characters were more endearing than Tierno and the round headed kid, and the story and villains were far more interesting than Plasma and those literally who box legendaries. And the Totem fights presented a far better challenge than anything in X and Y. I've considered restarting Sun and Moon from scratch. I'd never consider that for X and Y.
Still, I just can't get into the post game content in Sun and Moon. It's just not appealing.
>>
>>31552761
>Plasma
I meant Flare. Goes to show how memorable I found that team.
>>
>>31552761
>These are all problems present in X and Y.
I don't remember Tierno dragging you away from your gym challenge to help him on his sob story with Lysandre.
>>
>>31552782
No, that would require there to be some sort of plot constructed around the cast of X and Y.
>>
>>31552802
Exactly. Now please shut up over XY forcing characters on you.
>>
>>31552820
XY Still forced characters on you though. Constantly. They just didn't have anything important to say, or anything to add to the experience of the games. They saw how you had multiple reoccurring friends/rivals in generation 5 and completely missed on what made that appealing, just giving you a handful of assholes that wasted your time. I don't care If you didn't like Lillie, but she at least had a place in the game's story.
>>
You're grasping at straws to accuse XY of doing the same thing as SM.

Maybe it's time you (and the rest of /vp/) admitted that SM simply sucks instead of trash talking XY to misdirect.
>>
>>31552875
does it not seem like most people on /vp/ actually dont like sm, it does get a ton of hate here
>>
Take a break and come back once you've got the itch again. You've probably just tired yourself out. I stopped playing for a good month after my first run, but came back strong a couple of weeks later and haven't stopped since.
>>
>>31552905
it doesn't really though, and flaw listing threads are obviously more likely on a pokemon board than praise threads
>>
>>31552954
this same shit happened when xy came out, and it will happen again when the next games come out
>>
>>31552979
the cycle continues
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.