[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that Mew obtained with the Mew Glitch can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4561.png (124KB, 800x731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4561.png
124KB, 800x731px
Is it true that Mew obtained with the Mew Glitch can't get into the Bank?
>>
>>31539383
Yes. However if you edit it to have the correct OT and ID it goes through no problem.
>>
>>31539388
How to edit it? This isn't some of these 「just inject lol」posts, is it?
>>
>>31539398
You can do it with more glitches.
>>
File: 1248251717066.jpg (12KB, 303x239px) Image search: [Google]
1248251717066.jpg
12KB, 303x239px
>>31539383
Incredibly disappointed that my mew isn't coming through bank
>>
>>31539416
Which glitches? I only know the missingno glitch, the mew glitch, the extended mew glitch and how to get back to MS Anne.
>>
>>31539441
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arbitrary_code_execution

Gonna be interesting to hear if it is possible to find a way to set the required OT and ID. I haven't seen anything so-far so >>31539416 isn't correct just yet?
>>
>>31539441
http://pastebin.com/sNmtaNDL
>>
>>31539481
Impressive
>>
>>31539502
for reference, the tripfag didn't figure that out. Don't give it credit for someone else's work
>>
>>31539481
That's some high level shit right there. I understand it up to this link http://pastebin.com/XVkbu6JL

What do the letters after the items mean?
>>
>>31539523
Not trying to claim it laddie.
>>
>>31539542
The amount you need. everything after ; is just a comment explaining what code it ends up as so ignore it.
>>
>>31539567
Oh, okay, thanks.
As far as I understand, that setup works to change the OT and ID of the Mew, making it necessary to perform this over and over again for each mew. Wouldn't it be way easier to set the player's name and ID instead of the Mew? That way one would just have to repeat the extended Mew glitch over and over again. Is there a way to do this?
>>
>>31539596
You'd be better asking someone to trade you a Mew, honestly.
>>
>>31539596
Yes but someone who knows this needs to figure out how to do it.

Once you have everything you can just keep it all in the pc so it would be easier to do over.
>>
Apparently you can just change your ID using the Item Underflow Glitch, so it should be enough to start a new game with the name GF, activate underflow and change the ID. I have never used that glitch before though, only seen it during speedruns, so I have no idea what to do.
>>
>>31539388
Can confirm. Changed glitched Mew's OT to GF and ID to 22796 and Transporter takes it with no issues.
>>
File: WhyGF.png (204KB, 697x559px) Image search: [Google]
WhyGF.png
204KB, 697x559px
Yeah, I'm just gonna hex edit my save as well. It's literally only 9 bytes per Mew to get them to transfer.

This is why I know the Switch is gonna bomb horribly, BTW.
>>
I gen'd a Mew using PKSM can that still be legal? gave it a mewnium and everything.
>>
>>31540719
>using PKSM can that still be legal
>using PKSM
Take a guess
>>
>>31540747
Fug
>>
Is there anything special about having a Red/Blue/Yellow Mew compared to the other Mews given away in later gens?
>>
>>31541004
They can have moves that were only accessible via Gen 1TMs
>>
>>31541004
It's just a regular Mew.

The only thing different is that Mew's from the RBY VC have a little Game Boy icon on them and their place of origin reads something like: 'encountered in Kanto in the good old days' (just like all the other transported 'mons from the RBY VC).
>>
>>31541060
Oh cool, I didn't even think about that. Thanks, I'll have to see about buying Blue on the VC now.
>>
>>31541004
Unique moves that could be learned via TM, the Gameboy icon, guaranteed 5 perfect IVs, and possibility of being Shiny. Besides that and the location, nothing else.
>>
>>31541097
The R/B/Y mons have 5 IV? Neat.
>>
Does Mew's Z attack cause Psychic Terrain before or after attacking?
>>
>>31541249
No, they only get 3.
>>
>>31541249

Only Mew. Everything else has 3.
>>
I know these are "legit" Mews but do you guys think GF will crack down on them?
>>
>>31541004
if you already have a good mew then no, plus it could learn a lot of the gen 1 moves from 3rd gen so you could just edit one from back then
>>
so what are some notable gen1 TMs that don't exist in newer games? I only know about fissure because of the machamp meme
>>
>>31541833
Tri attack, seismic toss, mega punch/kick, body slam, double edge, sky attack and submission
>>
>>31541356
How would they? There is no way to identify them.
>>
>>31541833
Pay Day for meme purposes.
>>
>>31541833
>>31541928

Mega Punch sucks though. 80 BP, 85% accuracy; Just use Return.
Mega Kick is like a physical Focus Blast for Normal-type moves: 120 BP, 75% Acc, but unlike Focus Blast's 10% chance to lower Sp. Def, Mega Kick doesn't have ANY secondary effect.

Still, plenty of other neat moves: Counter, Mimic, Reflect, Bubblebeam....

And here's some links:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_TM_and_HM_locations_in_Generation_I
http://pastebin.com/BfNTyWHD (Who learns what via Gen 1 TM.)
>>
>>31541944
Because they haven't given out any R/B/Y Mews and all the Mews transferred from those games have the GB icon. I don't know how they track it internally but they could be like any Gen 1 Mews are banned.
>>
>>31539383
Don't forgrt to teach it those gen 1 exclusive TMs. And don't forget that you can duplicate them with the cinnibar island glitch.
>>
>>31542124
Also softboiled.

>be chansey
>have signature move
>can only learn it via TM

Also, mew can learn it, because mew.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.