[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This went well last time, let's try it again. You're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 16gxy6u.jpg (26KB, 456x295px) Image search: [Google]
16gxy6u.jpg
26KB, 456x295px
This went well last time, let's try it again.
You're now a gym leader in a totally new region! You're going to be running your very own gym to take on all kinds of aspiring Pokemon trainers, but first you need to decide on a team!
>Gym type theme
>Gym design + gimmick/puzzle (optional)
>Battle quote (optional)
>Five Pokemon, specify which one is your "signature" Pokemon with an asterisk or image
>Badge name

Some basic rules:
>Pokemon on your team must follow the type theme you chose, and dual-types are allowed so long as one type matches the theme; however, one Pokemon on your team may be allowed to stray from the type theme entirely (ex: one ghost type among a fighting team)
>No legendaries, pseudo-legendaries, ultras, etc; one starter Pokemon may be allowed if you so choose, otherwise your team should consist of common Pokemon
>Assume that there are no mega-evolutions, Alola forms, etc. in this new region
>Assume that you are the final gym leader; you will be using all five of your Pokemon and may choose third-stage evolutions if desired

And remember to have fun!
>>
Flying Gym
Blimp hangar(WWI) design have to jump between balloons to get to me.
"You seek to earn your wings, come at me"
Signature pokemon is Drifblim
Others, Skarmory, Talonflame, Mandibuzz, and since he fits the gyms feel Garchomp

an iron cross badge, jk, the Baron badge
>>
File: brain-sections-26689077.jpg (155KB, 1300x1390px) Image search: [Google]
brain-sections-26689077.jpg
155KB, 1300x1390px
>Psychic type theme
>Gym is roughly shaped like a brain with twisting hallways to create mini-mazes, and each "lobe" has trainers that use psychic dual-types; each "lobe" focuses on different secondary types (ie psychic+water, psychic+fighting, psychic+flying, etc.); "cerebellum" is pure psychic trainers and where the gym leader is
>"An excellent trainer knows how to counter each Pokemon type with one of their own. You've come a long way, now consider this your final test!"
>Bronzong, Claydol, Gardevoir, Xatu, Alakazam*
>Cerebrum Badge
I thought of making the gym focus around different puzzles, but I feel having the gym test your knowledge on typing advantages would be better suited. Sort of a trainer's final test of knowledge and skill before taking on the Elite Four and beyond.
>>
>ghost gym
>it's about removing spirits from cursed objects to move forward
>the gym leader himself is even possessed by his own ghost pokemon
>team is dusclops, gengar, mimikyu, rotom, and banette
>the badge you get is the exorcism badge.
I admit it's not an original idea, but it's something I think people might like.
>>
>Dragon Gym
>"Gym" is actually a large hill with a trail wrapping around it and a battlefield at the top. Defeat every trainer guarding a gate to pass through on your way up.
>"You have traveled far to reach this place. Just like so many others... I wonder what roads you have walked in life, and the footprints you have left behind... Show me the strength your path has given you. Come!"
>Dragonair, Flygon, Noivern, Kingdra, Haxorus
>Legacy Badge
A simple, straightforward battle to measure the strength you've gained on your journey.
>>
File: tumblr_mzk55hec2w1rfejkno1_500.gif (965KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzk55hec2w1rfejkno1_500.gif
965KB, 500x300px
Fairy-Type Gym
A winding flower meadow leading to a hill; the more trainers you avoid the longer the path
"Pokemon are the light of our lives. I hope, in your journey to grow strong, you haven't forgotten how to be kind."
Sylveon
Clefable
Mawile
Klefki
Gardevoir

Stardust Badge
>>
Late night bump for interest.
>>
>Grass types
>Cozy little hotel in a mountain town
>Puzzle is a running room service to guests and battling them.
>"Well now! Looks like you've got a knack for making our guests feel right at home. Running massive hotels, I used to be a bit out of touch with what guests really wanted, but now I'm definitely back to my roots! Ready for your complimentary battle?
>Gogoat, Roserade, Rotom Mow, Whimsicott, Torterra
>Home Badge
>>
> Steel Type

> A long metal road with trainers and various obstacles and roadblocks.

> In order to advance the trainer must destroy the various objects using a new HM/a mechanism and face all the other fellow trainers.

> "Harder then anything else and modeled to the finest shape. Strong and concentrated, that's the way i like to follow my own path in life. Am i wrong? Am i right in doing this? I'm exactly like this long steel road, i'd never turn back. Let's test your might and dedication! Iron sharps iron!"

> Bronzong - Magnezone - Aegislash - Skarmory - Aggron*

> Roadblock Badge
>>
File: 1468722485321.png (454KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468722485321.png
454KB, 1024x768px
>>31535556
>Steel type
>An industrial scrapyard and foundry filled with conveyor belts that will push you into the paths of trainers and generally block your progress unless you get them in the right order
>"The human and pokemon worlds are built by unyielding metals, if one wants to change the world then they must have a will stronger than steel! Show me your will!"
>Magnazone, Klingklang, Excadrill*, Durant, Steelix
>Foundry badge

bonus:
>battle/Gym music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudQURQ7OFc
>>
>>31541013
>Another steel-type gym

Sounds like we're gonna need to test our metal against one another and prove who the real steel trainer is!

>>31536567
I kind of like this. Is your vocation outside of being a gym-leader also being a teacher?

Oh! Maybe you could be a neurosurgery instructor? Both themes of learning and mapping the brain.

>>31535939
I think you're safe to use Iron Cross given that's a very old German Symbol as much as the Fleur De Lis has been around for ages.

I'd, at most, just suggest shortening. Baron badge works too though.

>>31536784
Spooky. Sort of freaky that a gym leader could fall sway to their own ghosts.

>>31537236
>No puzzles to test one's mental abilities as well as battle abilities.
>A dragon trainer/gym

Naturally.
>>
>>31541157
I like the idea, as i said: "Iron sharps Iron!"
>>
Electric Gym

Set at a gig (I know Roxie's gym did it, but on a grander scale). You enter a stadium and there's a crowd a people leading to the stage. Most of the NPCs aren't Trainers, but some are. The challenge is to find the right path through the crowd to the stage, this involves choosing to push some NPCs in a direction and timing when to dash past others. Obviously the gym Trainers are waiting in the crowd too and will challenge you if they see you.

"It's been great, you guys have been amazing, but I regret to say that this will be our last song. To make it special, we're gonna invite one person from the crowd to join us here on stage! You there, come on up here! Let's make this a finale to remember!!!"

Electivire, Exploud, Electrode, Jolteon and Magnezone.

Amp Badge (in the shape of an amp)
>>
>Type
Water
>Design
Brewery/Bar, if you challenge the gym during the day the trainers are the frequent bar goers and the workers are busy, there are more battles but intensity of battles are easier. if you challenge the gym at night you are challenged by tougher brewery workers/trainers of the gym in the brewery area but are fewer in numbers.

>Quote
Welcome to the [town] gym. Would you like a drink? Well, you might not be old enough yet. However, it's not always about the drink. Usually it is, haha, but not always. A good pint is great, but it is always better with friends. Pokémon can be much the same. Are you going to make this stepping stone with tools, or friends? Show me your answer, I challenge you!

>Team
Vaporeon
Lanturn
Ludicolo
Alomomola
Kingdom

>Badge
Stein Badge
>>
>>31542442
>kingdom
Frigging autocorrect, I meant Kingdra.
>>
>>31536567
>>31540815
>>31541323
>>31542442
>>31535939
Some of my favorite ones
Here's mine:
>Type
Ghost

>Theme
Museum

>Puzzle
You travel through a museum with various references to pokemon history (the story of the burned tower, parfum palace, etc.) with various challenges related to the region (i.e. the Pokemon Tower one you deal with uncatchable Ghost Pokemon, the Relic Castle room deals with traps, the Parfum Palace deals with "haunted" suits of armor) after going through all of it you encounter the leader

>Gengar*, Cofagrigus, Golurk, Aegislash, Dhelmise

Terror Badge
>>
>>31542962
Thanks anon. Looking forward to your stay at the hotel!

I'd definitely challenge the Night at the Museum Gym
>>
>>31535939
at least its not getting shot out of cannons but I disagree that garchomp fits in with the flying gym feel.
6/10

>>31536567
Smartly done though a brain maze design sounds like it has the great potential to be done poorly/distastefully
8/10

>>31536784
neato gimmick though its vulnerable to becoming edgy if written poorly
7/10

>>31537236
nothing I dislike here but the lack of a gimmick is weird since a straightforward battle to measure strength is what the E4 is there for
7/10

>>31537366
pretty neato though the gimmick might be lost since avoiding battles isnt exactly what being a trainer is about.
8/10

>>31540815
neat speech, interesting gimmick, cool team
9/10

>>31541013
odd speech, not too sure about the gimmick but maybe its because I understand it wrong. I'd like further explanation on this but as of right now I don't hate it but I certainly don't like it
5/10

>>31541102
interesting that you combine a scrapyard (generally where all defective or retired materials go) with your quote about unyielding materials
I appreciate the use of durant on the team and the extra effort with gym theme
7/10

>>31541323
Sounds like it could be cool given the right buildup, I like the addition of exploud to fit the team theme
8/10

>>31542442
simple but effective gimmick, kind of norman tier gym as I assume you can fight both the brew workers and bar goers by just leaving and coming back at different times. overall a solid design, nothing really memorable
6/10

>>31542962
interesting gimmick though I am curious about the mechanics of it if you were to actually implement it in the game. solid team, but lack of quote is disappointing given the premise
6.5/10

0/10 means hate, 5/10 means neither like or dislike, 10/10 is literally perfect it made me want to bend over and suck ya dick
>>
>>31541157
>Is your vocation outside of being a gym-leader also being a teacher?
>Maybe you could be a neurosurgery instructor? Both themes of learning and mapping the brain.
I think a teacher would be more realistically reasonable, in the sense that being a gym leader and holding a separate job would be very consuming on your time and energy. Perhaps the town the gym is set in has a Pokemon college or university, and I/the gym leader would be one of the professors from there? Then you could visit the professor before knowing who the gym leader is, learn from them, and then... surprise!
>>31543468
>Smartly done though a brain maze design sounds like it has the great potential to be done poorly/distastefully
Yeah, I think the maze would have to be smartly constructed so it's not too much of a slog to get through. Maybe make a small puzzle for each section that you finish to progress without facing trainers, like a ball-push puzzle among many twist and turns, or a "activate the switches" in one of the mini-mazes. Each of the trainers could be avoided if you solved the puzzles and found the right route around them, and if you just tried to brute-force your way through you'd end up fighting them all.

And thanks for enjoying the idea!
>>
>>31535556
>Poison
>A science lab with a locked door leading to my room and four branching rooms with scientist trainers, three of whom have the keys to the door
>"A trainer is like a scientific hypothesis. Both must be tested several times before conclusive results are produced. Step forward, dear hypothesis, and be tested once more."
>Dragalgae as my signature mon
>Antivenom Badge
>>
This kinda strays from the outline but I thought it would make an interesting gym.
>Gym is focused around the starter types
>Gym is in a city with four major routes connecting to it leading N/S/E/W
>Gym leader uses each of the three starters of the region plus a normal type (starts with normal, next is the starter weak to yours, last is the starter strong to yours); gym trainers use fire/water/grass commons of the region
>Could be the third gym leader or so, and when you win the gym leader tells you about the next four gym leaders down the four major routes, and you can take them on in any order you like (this gym was sort of a proving ground)
>Crossing Badge; shaped like a plus with green, red, blue, and white gemstones at the ends of the plus, represents both the town itself and how the most basic typings interact with each other
>>
>normal type
>combination of my two favourite ideas for gyms:
>empty gym (like Giovanni) found between 6th and 8th leaders
>8th acts as if he is the strongest
>after trekking through victory road, come across two gym flags (like dragon trial) at the league stairs
>male veteran on the stairs,
>female ace trainer too, like nugget bridge but just two
>standing at the top is the missing gym leader, facing the building, back to you

"..."
"Thought you were done, eh? Hm. The league thought to make me number 7, but I know I'm stronger than that. So here I am, fighting the best."
"You /are/ the best, aren't you?"

>Drampa, Bewear, Blissey, Porygon Z, Ditto* (Imposter)

>Overall badge

Team designed to start with a good coverage Mon, follow up with high def or sp def, a nuker and lastly my champion imposter ditto. Meant to be a final summary of everything before hitting the league.

Would like a better name for the badge though, "comprehensive badge" seems too long.
>>
>>31536784

>Beat gym

>"Huh, what happened? Oh, hello, did you come to fight me? What's that you already fought me, looks like my ghost types possessed me again, oh well. Here's your badge"
>>
>>31547527
>Would like a better name for the badge though, "comprehensive badge" seems too long.
Triumph badge, Victory badge, Conquest badge? All of those give the general idea of "you overcame all the challenges in your way".
>>
>>31547650
Yeah they're pretty good.
Comprehensive most directly means what I want, but I wrote overall because it's shorter. Victory badge is excellent though, fits the idea and especially given it's literally on victory road.
>>
>>31547527
I read through this and assumed you'd use wigglytuff, snorlax and silvally, but I really like imposter ditto.
Still, kinda shitty to steal the league's thunder. I'd place him at the start, like Hapu was.
>>
>>31543468
You know, I didn't think about the implications of the scrapyard with the speech. I mostly wanted a visible and easily identifiable source of metal, plus recycling feels like an important thing in the pokemon world.

As for durant; I felt even with a ×4 fire weakness, he still represented the idea of a working class mon to compliment excadrill.

>>31541209
Yes! Friendly rival gym leaders! We need more of this.
>>
Normal
Kecleon, Smeargle, Dunsparce, Ambipom, Liepard as typebreaker and signature.
The point of the gym is to frustrate the challenger as much as possible.
You win the Patience Badge.
>You didn't think was going to be fun, did you?
>>
>>31535556
>Electric gym
>Based on principles of circuit design, challengers must complete the circuit and light the "lightbulb" where I'm standing
"Well, what a *shocking* development! Your *spark*'s gotten me all *charged* up for this battle! I'm *positive* that this is gonna be amazing! And, ah, sorry about all the puns - I just couldn't *resist*!"
>Magnezone, Rotom-Wash, Golem-Alolan, Heliolisk, Jolteon, *Electivire(holding Electrium Z)
"Whoops, think I blew a fuse with that last attack! Here, let me just get it back on...there! I, uh...may have had to use your badge for the replacement. What, it works! Here, take this one - should still be fine."
>TRAINER recieved the Fuse Badge!
>>
What if in the next generation, each gym was a dual type gym? You could have some basic, obvious combinations like:
>Grass/bug
>Fire/steel
>Water/ice
>Ground/rock
Or for more varied and interesting ones, you could have some like:
>Fighting/psychic (maybe brother and sister leaders?)
>Flying/ground
>Dark/poison
>Dragon/steel
>Electric/Fairy
It would expand the roster of usable Pokemon in each gym by a lot, so long as one of their types matched the gym's typings, and it could make gyms a bit harder if it was done well. Plus, you could just about cover all the typings this way if you didn't reuse any of them. Thoughts?
>>
>>31535556
>Rock gym
>The gym is based around reconstructing fossils to make your way through a university.
>I always tell my students, knowledge is nothing without experience to back it up. Now, prove to me that you have both the knowledge and experience necessary to take on the Pokemon League!
>Kabutops, Bastiodon, Archeops, Rampardos, Tyrantrum*
>>
>>31548723
Forgot to mention, my badge is the Fossil Badge.
>>
>>31535556
>Gym Type theme
Rock Gym, themed after a concert!
>Design + gimmick
The gym is in the middle of a HUGE concert, and is literally packed with NPCs, many of whom are trainers. The crowd only shifts and moves when you beat an enemy trainer, opening up a path that leads forward. Some paths are dead ends, forcing you to back up and bother other NPCs. No NPC will initiate combat on their own, instead you have to speak to them. Otherwise, NPCs are all chanting / dancing / swaying to the music. The gym leader is on stage, with his band.
>Battle quote
"You made it all the way up here just to challenge me in the middle of a show? That's hardcore!"
>Five pokemon
Shuckle (stealth rocks + sticky web setup)
Tyranitar (sand stream)
Cradily (with HA storm drain)
Aerodactyl
Signature Rhyperior (rock wrecker, ice Punch, megahorn, earthquake, with assault vest)
>Badge Name
The "Solo" badge.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.