[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these games are canonically the best? http://www.st

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 3dsera.png (1MB, 640x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3dsera.png
1MB, 640x1080px
Which of these games are canonically the best?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12197682
>>
>>31531712
SM>>ORAS>>>>XY
>>
ORAS has the best map design and richest amount of variety and content, but wasn't as good as it absolutely should've been, so many will rate it lower than it is as for them a game that came out ten years prior provides the same experience but better.

SM is something different, which many will praise it for alone, but it has some pretty big design issues that may or may not bother people. Among its many core mechanic improvements there's also some bizzare omissions. Though on the other hand it's a notable step up from XY and ORAS in certain areas, namely PvE combat balance and character writing. In the end it's love or hate, either great or awful depending on what one prioritizes in the series.

XY is the safest of the three in every possible way and does nothing more than adequately. But, I would say nothing is outright awful in it, unlike SM, and it didn't absolutely blow any reasonable expectations, unlike ORAS.
>>
>>31531712
XY > ORAS > SM
>>
ORAS>XY>SM

At least ORAS and X/Y had cool features, Sun and Moon are basicly X/Y 2.0 with a graphical update and without interesting features. A downgrade, nothing.
>>
XY = SM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ORAS
>>
>>31531712
I loved XY, but ORAS has the DexNAV which is by far the best thing to ever appear on a Pokemon game. SM is just an interactive film.
>>
>>31531712
SM>ORAS>XY.
I know this board is obsessed with contrarianism and hating the new things, but honestly SM was the most fun and had the most developed story. I rank it purely by the singleplayer story part, which is the most important part for the major audience. If ranking by online, ORAS is by far the best, due to features like Secret Bases combined with XY's PSS. I think the biggest problem with the 3DS titles is that (SM in particular) focused a lot on the story and the characters, which caused many who were used to the minimal and less detailed stories of early gens (which let the audience interpret a lot of the story and make their "own story") to feel like it was taking away from the gameplay.
>>
>>31531712
OR/AS for me easily.
>Best cover legendaries out of the three.
>Best soundtrack out of the three.
>Best region out of the three.
>Best choice of starters out of the three.
>>
>>31531912
I strongly disagree with the cutscene thing (XY had a shitload of scenes too, they just were less condensed in the beginning), which people exaggerate way too much, but I like Dexnav. The only problem I had with Dexnav was that the increased shiny thing never worked, at all. Fucking over a thousand of the little buggers (nincada) and no shiny.
>>
File: 2drink.png (225KB, 529x397px)
2drink.png
225KB, 529x397px
>>31531712
I like all of them but I'm curious to see if that anon who predicted people would praise XYORAS when the next gen rolled around despite shitting on it a lot was right.
>>
>>31532019
>Fucking over a thousand of the little buggers (nincada) and no shiny

An increased chance does not equal guaranteed. I don't know what the Pokemon fanbase doesn't understand about it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DexNav#Shiny_probability
>>
>>31532088
I understand that, and I've seen the math. I just hated the "lol just use dexnav" when ORAS was still new, it never worked.
>>
>>31531712
>canonically the best
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.