[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine if all the genwunners who haven't touched the franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1477618037056.png (527KB, 549x504px) Image search: [Google]
1477618037056.png
527KB, 549x504px
Imagine if all the genwunners who haven't touched the franchise in decades got to make every decision for the next generation of Pokémon games.

Don't like the idea of that?

Now imagine how the fighting game community feels when people are donating for Pokken to win a main stage event at EVO. Not because it would help the scene. Not because it has a scene in the first place. Just because it has Pokémon.

Fighting games are incredibly niche and if you aren't part of the community you really shouldn't be robbing other communities the chance for their games to grow.

Pokken isn't fun to watch, nor does it have enough people that care about the game to warrant being in the lead. A game like Killer Instinct would benefit hugely from having an event. Every other game on the list is more deserving than Pokken.
>>
Super Turbo is objectively the best choice.

Everything else is better off being a side event.
>>
>>31530788
I was with you until
>Every other game on the list is more deserving than Pokken.

Arms doesn't need to be there either.
>>
>>31530788
Whatever you're talking about, I'm donating $100 to it because it makes you shitters mad
>>
>>31530788
Context of image?
>>
GameFreak already bends over backwards to cater to genwunners anyway tho
>>
>>31530788
Isn't Mahvel literally the same thing but older?
Sounds like that's the genwunner option desu.
>>
>>31530834
President Kennedy suffered for most of his life through sickness or horrible back

Also being president sucks is what I can gather from almost every president prior to FDR not running for a 3rd term
>>
>>31530829
Definitely. No way it's going to win though, unless that one Smash tournament follows through on the 10k donation.

>>31530873
Mahvel has a playerbase and isn't confusing to watch, unlike Pokken. If it were up to me I'd pick Skullgirls but there's no way in hell it'll ever happen.
>>
I like watching Pokken. Street Fighter on the other hand.....
>>
File: 1482869794875.jpg (70KB, 715x750px)
1482869794875.jpg
70KB, 715x750px
>taking fighting games seriously
>>
>>31530788
>muh button mash em ups
fighting games are shit
>>
>>31531619
Only people who know nothing about high level play in fighting games think that button mashing is how the game is played competitively
>>
File: registered retard.jpg (4KB, 108x125px) Image search: [Google]
registered retard.jpg
4KB, 108x125px
>>31531016
>Taking any video game this seriously
>>
If the other games were more popular, then maybe they'd be winning. Obviously no one cares about them and would rather see Pokken.
>>
>>31530788
Okay nerd, why don't you do something about it instead of posting on the Internet?
>>
>>31531663
And yet, 'pros' who have devoted their lives to fightan games lose to button mashers
>>
File: 1470905331232.jpg (92KB, 500x667px)
1470905331232.jpg
92KB, 500x667px
>>31531985
No they don't.
>inb4 lupe fiasco vs daigo

>>31531727
Did you get the metaphor at all?
I'm saying that people who don't play this genre of game are voting for a game to have a main stage event just because it has Pokemon. The Pokken scene is far too small for it to have been leading.
Thankfully it seems Mahvel is coming through but I'm worried that Pokemon fans will cluelessly continue to donate.

I'm not shitting on Pokken fans by the way, I'm shitting on people who are voting for Pokken despite not caring about EVO as a whole.
>>
>>31530788
I like Pokken but now I kinda wanna donate towards Mahvel despite not having an attachment to it.

I'd despise if genwunners just kept us in Kanto hell and even deeper than we already are. Marvel is their tradition and I don't like the idea of taking it away if they want it.
>>
>>31530788
>Imagine if all the genwunners who haven't touched the franchise in decades got to make every decision for the next generation of Pokémon games
But that's exactly what's been going on since gen 6.
>>
File: 1388949517906.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px)
1388949517906.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>31530788
keep crying bitch nigga
>>
>>31533176
is this bait?
Donate for what YOU want, not for what you think others want.
>>
>>31530788

daily reminder that Street Fighter V is mediocre as fuck because of all the stupid Third Strike memers who complained about Street Fighter IV, they call Third Strike call it the best game ever, when it killed Street Fighter for a decade and was far less popular in arcades than KoF 98 and Marvel vs Capcom 2.
Most of the Third Strike internet defense force is made of people who didnt play the game but watched the famous Daigo parry video.

SFIV was as successful as it was, because of how similar it was to Street Fighter 2, and those are the genwunners of fighting games.
>>
>>31533224
I should have also mentioned that I haven't already donated to Pokken because I feel like Pokken already had its chance for experimentation but it failed and I don't believe it'll work out if it gets in a second time.
>>
>>31533224
but what if i want the world to burn?
>>
I think Pokken is shit and unfun to play, would like most to see ARMS or Windjammers
>>
>>31530788
>Pokken isn't fun to watch, nor does it have enough people that care about the game to warrant being in the lead

The only reason it wasn't fun to watch at the time was the zoner dominated meta. That's changed, even fucking Machamp, who is literally just "can't get in: The character" is mid-high tier now.

And the fact it DOESN'T have as much people going for it is exactly why it deserves the spot. Marvel is fucking gigantic and had it's time. KI, while not huge, is still decently sized and is accepted fully by the FGC. MKX has been around and active since launch. Windjammers isn't even a fighting game, ARMS isn't even out yet and it's too hard to say if it's got enough fighting game fundamentals to count, etc.

The only games that actually need and deserve the spot are Pokken and Skullgirls.

t. somebody who plays fighting games
>>
Or EVO could just have one super smash brothers game instead of two so we have two spots to argue over
>>
>>31535340
Which smash should they drop? Probably sm4sh.
>>
>>31535364
Yeah probably. It'd be nice to see the newer one out of the two but it's never win over "muh maylay"
>>
>>31530788
I see you, but what makes you think people on /vp/ are the ones donating, or that most of us care about EVO at all? I kinda feel you're yelling to the void here.
>>
>>31535364
both melee and sm4sh and have P:M instead
>>
>>31530788
OP you are a fucking retard, I've seen threads all day people complaining about the 5 fucking dollars to get pokemon bank, you think /vp/ has any goddamn money at all?

It's fucking charity too, get over it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.