[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a thread about things to do before transferring to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1446.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1446.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
Can we get a thread about things to do before transferring to Sun/Moon?

>Level imperfect IV Pokemon to 100 using Blisseys, as it's faster
>Learn Move Tutor exclusive moves such as Hyper Voice Gardevoir

Any other Move Tutor moves of note?
>>
>>31529341
elemental punches, knock off and maybe hone claws on some specific mons
>>
For those who want to complete a national Dex and have some excess BP, buy trade evolution items and evolve in gen 6 before transferring
>>
>>31529341
Hyper Voice HP Fire Sylveon
Knock Off on so many things
>>
Not sure if there is anything, since I kinda already prepared.

I'm just glad I have a Tauros with Body Slam and a Hitmonchan to FINALLY get an Ice Punch Electivire.
>>
File: crying dianice.gif (2MB, 500x218px) Image search: [Google]
crying dianice.gif
2MB, 500x218px
>>31529341
get from gen 6 or earlier that you want on your bro/waifu, I realized that I only had the hoenn league ribbon on my BW serperior because I didn't think of running her through kalos league since I already maxed out her level in gen 5 since I had a lot more free time on my hands at the beggining of gen 5

it still fucking hurts
>>
>>31530407
>Ice Punch Electivire.
That's an egg move
>>
>>31530507
I know. But there weren't any compatible parents before the bank.
>>
Is there anything besides leveling/catching exclusives if we plan on using Alola born pokemon? I'm ok with waiting until the next games for move tutors.
>>
Does anyone know if the bank update patched the ability to use use oothax and JKSM to gen? I really don't want to have to find another workaround.
>>
Are the ORAS tutors a good enough reason to slog through the game?
>>
I used all of my PP Ups before transfering, only for that to be about two pokemons worth.
I guess when each pokemon can eat 12 you burn through them fast
>>
So if I restart I just straight up lose Snorlium Z forever, right? Cuz that's some shit.
>>
>>31532245
And you lose Mewnium Z forever, Bank won't give out more than one.
>>
>>31532189
If you play Smogon formats definitely
>>
>>31532551
Thanks

Also pro-fucking-tip. Make sure you do everything you can before your Pokemon touch Sun/Moon. I was testing something out because I heard supposedly that you can move Pokemon from gen 7 to 6 as long as they are able to exist in gen 6. So I moved a bunch of Pokemon from X to Bank, Bank to Sun, immediately back to Bank and now I can't transfer back to X
>>
>>31534813
Probably because Trainer IDs are now 6 numbers and after asigned a Gen 7 ID it flags that mon, so it stops being compatible with gen 6 games
>>
>>31529341
Ribbons brah, gotta get those weekday ribbons
>>
>>31534847
Wait shit, I never noticed that. Fuck, this completely negates the question I had about ORAS tutors since I transferred any competitive Mon I had
>>
>>31529341
if you can, clone the mons you give a shit about and save a copy in gen6 Just In Case
>>
File: 018-1.png (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
018-1.png
57KB, 300x300px
Heat wave on birds
Stealth rock
Hyper voice and Earth power Aurorus
Foul play Umbreon
Drill run beedrill and Rapidash
knock off krookodile pangoro conkledurr absol bisharp etc etc
Iron head Excadrill
Dragon pulse serperior
Giga drain Volcarona
Gunk shot/Low kick greninja
>>
>>31529341
oh man this >>31530448

I started feeling bad that so many of my bros only had the Champion ribbon from their original game. Some of them didn't even have it because I didn't take them with me the one or two times that I completed the E4. Leveling them up some more will be tedious, though.
>>
>>31534813
i was able to....was weird all day today. now tomorrow? idk.
>>
>>31535135
i would keep playing with it people, this seems stupid but there's probably gonna be another update or some shit.
>>
File: 1457426804795.gif (84KB, 340x324px) Image search: [Google]
1457426804795.gif
84KB, 340x324px
>tfw just finished doing all the hyper training with my FAL2010 Mew from HG in ORAS
>finally ready to go into Bank and then off to gen 7
Think I've got every Ribbon I can get on the little pink bastard. I wish there were more Pokemon I could breed or catch in HG so I could get them the Legend Ribbon. Maybe I'll breed a Mawile. Anyone got an ideas?
>>
>>31530448
>>31535013
Sorry I'm a bit lost
What does leveling has to do with acquiring the champions ribbons?

Is there something I'm missing from the transfer?
>>
>>31535231
Oh nothing. I just meant that I needed to level them up a bit so I don't get stomped. Endgame levels are always a little different for each game, and sometimes the E4 gets tougher the second time you challenge them.

Example being that my ORAS team was 40s-50s when I finished the game. Kalos League is like 10 levels above that.
>>
>>31535342
Oh lol. I see, thanks for answering

I was worried that I might lose some ribbons or something. I've heard that some people are having troubles with that
>>
can Z crystals be traded? and if not, can i get a new mewnium z if i restart my save?
>>
Can I transfer my 6IV Diitto from ORAS, then return him to ORAS after using the pokebank?

A Kantonian Pokemon like Cubone or Pikachu can evolve for their Alolan evolutions in SM?
>>
>>31535592
No
Yes
>>
File: bravemanwhy.png (149KB, 590x330px) Image search: [Google]
bravemanwhy.png
149KB, 590x330px
>>31529341
>I just wanted to keep completing my dex
>had a lot of pokemon in gen 6
>mfw now the dex doesn't even have a national mode

They just don't care anymore, do they?
>>
Is there anything noteworthy to migrate over from the RBY virtual console games?
>>
>>31536056
solarbeam lapras
>>
>>31536056
Ohko moves on machamp if youre a meme lord
>>
>>31536056
body slam sheer force tauros
counter magic guard alakazam
>>
>>31536179
Machamp gets his HA from gen 1 transfers sorry anon
>>
>>31536238
>not giving machamp fissure anyway just for the memes
>>
Can I update my pokedex to the national one in game? if yes where?
>>
>has to actually find Soulsilver to get the other half of my bros

I think I'm good otherwise. I've got some pokemon that I've had since Coliseum, and I can't wait to see them in 3D-land again.
>>
>>31537128
Make sure to go full autist and give them ribbons.
>>
>>31536056
bubblebeam sheer force nidoking/queen
>>
>>31529341
Missingno rare candies and get those 'mons to 100
>>
>>31532245
>>31532522
Does trading the z crystal away then back work?
>>
>>31529341
>>Learn Move Tutor exclusive moves such as Hyper Voice Gardevoir
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't transfered pokemon unusable on battle spot?
>>
Am I able to transfer glitched pokemon to the bank?

I have some trade evos like Alakazam and Gengar caught via the Mew glitch, meaning they're level 7, which is obviously illegal. Does the pokebank check stop those?
>>
>>31539711
You cannot, in general, transfer any kind of illegals. Try anyway. You wont be banned or anything.
>>
>>31539797
I'll just put them up to lvl25, not that big of a hassle
>>
>>31539532
You can use everthing from 3 to 7.

Gen 1 Pokemon can be used too, but only if you don't touch the IV's, weird shit, i know.
>>
>>31539852
Gen 1 who came from the virtual consoles, for more info.
>>
We need a balltism chart for what balls are available to certain pokemon before transferring. Like, I don't think moon ball umbreon with foul Play is possible as of right now
>>
We need to compile a list of this shit: including casual - competitive - completely autistic tiers.
>>
How do I get Pokemiles?
>>
>>31529438
>completing national dex in SM
For what purpose?
>>
just inject lol
>>
Maybe a bit side-off question, but i decided to finally make a living dex, so is going back to xy, making a living dex there, transfering it to oras, completing it and then transfering it to sm the most optimal way?
>>
>>31539506
you cant trade zcrystals
>>
>>31540802
Pretty much. You can get so much in XY that ORAS will just be adding in mainly legendaries
>>
File: Eevee 10.08.41 AM.png (246KB, 585x436px) Image search: [Google]
Eevee 10.08.41 AM.png
246KB, 585x436px
>>31537128
Had this baby since 2006, glad I can finally transfer her over in Moon. Just restarted Moon again for a fun run with her.
>>
>>31541051
>10-11 Years Old
>Gen 3
>Level 71
How? You even have the Earth Ribbon, that is how I got my Ribbon mon from 50 after earning the Lv. 50 battle tower Ribbon and before trying for the Lv. 100 one.
That being said you have a Gold Battle Memory Ribbon and I will never have that, so you are a better person than I am.
>>
>>31541187
Earth Ribbon wasn't too difficult since you can have 5 other Pokemon to carry the team in XD Gale of Darkness. I mostly never used her in game unless it required it such as League battles and Red. Trying to carry her though in the Battle Frontiers with just two mons was really tough though. So many rage quits over weeks to finally get it.
>>
>>31541051
and your patience has rewarded you with extreme_evo boost, that level of dedication is something to be respected
>>
Does a full livingdex fit in the SM boxes?
>>
>>31541051
Evolve it
>>
>>31541613
Yes.
>>
>>31541051
Check the memory ribbons, the contest one can no longer be gold.
>>
>>31541748
It's the battle memory one. There is one of the 8 you can no longer get when Nintendo shut down DS wifi. But that was back in 2014.
>>
>>31529341
>Hyper Voice Gardevoir
Have fun without your megastone
>>
Fissure Machamp is a dead meme, but what about Fissure Poliwrath? Does Mind Reader still work with OHKO moves?
>>
>>31541937
No mate, when you transfer it into SM, the contest memory ribbon is reverted to the blue one even if you have all 40, while the battle memory ribbon is now gold even if you didn't get the wifi ribbon.
>>
>>31542115
It should still work. I'm waiting until Pkhex is updated :^)
>>
>>31541051
evolve it please
>>
>>31542169
The meme is alive boys. Gonna test it out when I get one later myself. Unless someone provides proof before then.
>>
>>31542141
Oh okay. I haven't transferred her yet, that screenshot was from my alpha sapphire game. Do you know how early in the game I can transfer from poke bank?
>>
Mons transfered from RBY keep their balls they were caught or they will be in a generic PokéBall?
>>
>>31542271
As soon as you reach the first Pokemon centre.
>>31542297
Generic Pokeball. RBY doesn't keep the pokeball data.
>>
>>31542309
Thanks!
>>
>>31542228
Do post a screenshot once you have it. It'd have been better if it could retain water absorb, but swift swim works too.
>>
>>31542361
It's obviously gonna be Swift Swim. HA only upon transfer remember?
>>
>>31532011
just use soundhax senpai
>>
>>31542401
Yeah, just lamenting the fact that some mons would be better off with their normal abilities instead.
>>
>>31542418
It's not terrible. I almost prefer Swift swim, but I can see Water Absorb benefits. Actually fuck you're right
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.