[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why SM soundtrack sucks so much? Compared to XY it is very dull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon-sun-and-moon.jpg (67KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-and-moon.jpg
67KB, 760x428px
Why SM soundtrack sucks so much? Compared to XY it is very dull and repetitive with nearly no action in it, especially in battle ones.
>>
File: yuck.png (56KB, 366x418px) Image search: [Google]
yuck.png
56KB, 366x418px
You are entitled to your horrible opinion.
>>
>>31524411
Can any SM music be compared to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22EJRAU4IGM
>>
I disagree, XY and SM soundtracks are both really good.
SM managed to give us original and interesting theme, . I'm especially thinking of the Ub's and Guzma's theme, I just love them
>>
People think it being different means it's good. Society thinks that too. They are wrong. I love X and y sound track especially the towns
>>
>>31524405
I miss the individual trainer encounter themes, and routes having variable music.
>>
>>31524423
Yes.
The Tapu, E4 and Kukui battle themes are as good or even better.
>>
>XY
Oh cycle is real.
>>
>>31524405
While your opinion matters I think the real question is
Why does SM suck so much????
>>
some songs in sm were good, but they were rare and weren't any of the common ones.
>>
this was amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVpchXgr7JQ
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479821247091.jpg (24KB, 674x864px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479821247091.jpg
24KB, 674x864px
>>31524405
>Compared to XY it is dull and repetitive
>especially the battle ones
Other than the normal trainer theme this is completely backwards
>>
>>31524405
Guzma, Lusamine 1, Tapu, Gladion, and Champion theme blow out every single of XY's battle themes. Cutscene music like Infiltration and Lonely Lillie are far from dull. And don't even get me started on Vast Poni Canyon, which is more memorable than every single song in XY.
That's not saying every song in XY is bad, but overall SM's ost is 10x better than XY, especially because they brought Go Ichinose back.
>>
>>31524433
>original

Kek.

>>31524405
They're the same. They both have good and shit soundtracks all mixed in. I am still trying to get the bad taste the Kalos Gym Leader theme left in my mouth after all these years.
>>
>>31524601
Because Game Freak once again decided to pander to Gen 1 instead of ignoring the anniversary and just giving us a good game.
>>
>>31525223
>Good Game
>Game Freak
pick one

pandering aside, why should this bother you. You are part of the universe, just accept it.

It is part of the game series. Suck it up.
>>
>>31525344
because apparently, they think being a misguided anti-genwunner is cool.
>>
>>31525344
Because when the majority of the Alolan Pokedex is full to the brim with Kanto Pokemon or their alternate forms more than Alolan Pokemon then that is a very big problem. Even worse when so many Alolan Pokemon are made rare as fuck. It's all good though, I pirated so Game Freak didn't get even a penny of my currency for this disappointing game.

>>31525362
>Implying Gen 1 can't be my favorite while still being disappointed
>>
>>31524423
YES

That's easily the worst fucking legendary music in the main series
I hated SM's one, but god, fuck that shit. XY has the weakest soundtrack, and every time someone lists 5 tracks, there's usually only 3 good themes.

>worst gym leader music
>worst E4 music
>worst champion music
>worst legendary music
>>
>>31524405
What. WHAT. Fucking xy's was the most BLAND.
>that shitty gym leader theme
>forgettable town music except for a few comfy ones
Gladion's theme alone has morencharacter than most tracks for xy. Die, xy apolgist.
>>
>>31524405
SM are the most uninspired games in the series.
>>
>>31525372
just because the Pokemon are/or have similarities to previous...
Hang on wasn't this about the soundtrack.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA nice joke OP.
/thread
>>
>>31525378
>>worst E4 music

I find it pretty good, although I do agree that XY sounds pretty bland overall aside of a few specific soundtracks.

Also, worst Champion theme goes to Iris'. Fuck that noise.
>>
File: sarcasm.png (81KB, 198x181px) Image search: [Google]
sarcasm.png
81KB, 198x181px
>>31525700
>rainbow road dragon princess in space
>bad
>worse than alder and diantha
>>
>>31525734
Yeah, if your objective was to become the Champion of a fucking Barbie Castle, then I guess it fits.
>>
>>31524423
That's like the only memorable battle theme in XY.
Also one of the few actually memorable themes in the game.
XY's OST is very forgettable, probably the worst in the series.
>>
>>31525986
>That's like the only memorable battle theme in XY.

I'd say the Elite Four theme is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r-M0isViaQ
>>
>Like in ORAS you can hear battle songs from previous games
>Unlike ORAS, hearing those songs doesn't unlock them for your own use in various modes
???
>>
>>31525372
>23% is kanto
>majority
>>
>>31525747
American detected
bet you drive a jeep and keep a handgun under your pillow
>>
>>31526217
The alternate forms count as Kanto too.

Hoenn still has the best Pokedex. Balance between old and new.
>>
>>31526215
God I hated that about gen 6. The music selection for the battle maison was complete crap. Bless you battle tree for my aether/skull/kahuna music fix. Too bad the special trainer songs aren't unlockable
>>
>>31525381
>Shitty gym leader theme

well being mellow is not necessarily boring, for one I like the perfect "gym vibe" they managed to pull off
>>
I like the music in SM, but I thought there was a lack of variety in the route themes. I didn't like that the graveyards and more tranquil-looking areas (like the boardwalk with the red flowers) had the same triumphant route theme. Even just making certain areas silent at nighttime would have felt more tonally appropriate.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.