[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokémon S/M Pokédex >gives holographic backgrounds to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6820.png (180KB, 472x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6820.png
180KB, 472x331px
>Pokémon S/M Pokédex
>gives holographic backgrounds to Legendary Pokémon
>the Island Guardians, while not receiving the holographic background, are given uniquely-colored green backgrounds
>shares this with Type: Null, Silvally, and the UBs
>people take this as a sign that the Island Guardians are not Legendary, just special

>Pokémon Bank National Pokédex
>only box mascots (plus Zygarde and Necrozma) and event Pokémon are given the holographic frames
>no trios, duos, or anything else gets these
>not even Mewtwo

So... are the Island Guardians Legendary Pokémon? Because according to Pokémon Bank, they are on the same level as Entei or a Volbeat. What did they mean by this?
>>
>>31523261
Fun Fact: Manaphy has a holographic frame, but Phione does not. A continuation of GF's fuckery.
>>
It means you, like most of the fanbase, are overthinking things.
>>
>>31523288
Maybe you're underthinking things.
>>
>>31523261
what entries do they even got for Bank National Dex
are they recycled
do they even exist?
>>
>>31523306
Recycled yes, but existent nonetheless.
>>
Ffs I tought we all agreed that they are indeed Legendary, but just in a subcategory (Sublegendary).
>>
>>31523327
The green background the Guardians share with Type: Null and the Ultra Beasts shook that up a little.
>>
>>31523338
>green background = legend
>these things have a green background
>the obvious conclusion is they aren't legends
>>
>>31523356
>Alola Friendly
>"No Legendary or Mythical Pokémon allowed."
>except Type: Null, Silvally, the Island Guardians, and the UBs of course
>>
>>31523268
Which is strange, as phione is defined as legendary (or so I saw from the last datamine list).
>>31523261
They are called sub-legendaries in the game's code, along with all the previous lesser legends like the genies and regis.
>>
>>31523430
The genies and regis are called sub-legendaries in the code as well?
>>
>>31523443
Yes, most non-mascot/event ones are regarded as such in the game.
>>
>>31523443
They are all grouped in the same category, so yes.
>>
it means the category is for box legendaries or pokemon in trios with box legendaries (essentially, pokemon who SHOULD be box legendaries but ended up not being, or aren't yet)

not hard to understand. mewtwo isn't a box legendary
>>
>>31523462
>>31523467
Well then, that's all the convincing I need to finally go catch them. I've been sitting around trying to figure out if I should catch them in Premier Balls or not.
>>
>>31523443
Were type:null, silvally, and the ultra beasts in that group as well? Or phione?
>>
>>31523561
Not him but UBs, Silvally, and TN are in the sublegendary category. Phione is in the legendary category, likely due to it being event only.
>>
>>31523566
Very interesting, thanks for the info. Any idea if there's a link to a dump somewhere?
>>
File: 1481620941698.png (612KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481620941698.png
612KB, 1000x1200px
>>
>>31523621
>Phione and Mewtwo didn't get shiny things
Get your shit together Game Freak, God.
>>
Legendary tiers (includes Ultra Beasts and guardian deities)

Lower (allowed in Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway/Maison/Tree)
>Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres
>Entei/Raikou/Suicune
>Regirock/Regice/Registeel
>Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
>Heatran
>Regigigas
>Cresselia
>Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion
>Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus
>Tapu Koko/Tapu Lele/Tapu Bulu/Tapu Fini
>Nihilego/Buzzwole/Pheromosa/Xurkitree/Celesteela/Kartana/Guzzlord

Higher (not allowed in Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway/Maison/Tree)
>Mewtwo
>Lugia/Ho-Oh
>Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza
>Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
>Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem
>Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde
>Cosmog/Cosmoem/Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozma

Mythical (not required for Pokédex completion or allowed in Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway/Maison/Tree)
>Mew
>Celebi
>Jirachi
>Deoxys
>Phione
>Manaphy
>Darkrai
>Shaymin
>Arceus
>Keldeo
>Meloetta
>Genesect
>Diancie
>Hoopa
>Volcanion
>Magearna
>Marshadow

Ho-Oh and Lugia could maybe be considered Mythical from Ruby/Sapphire up to Platinum, while Deoxys may no longer be Mythical since ORAS made it readily available.
>>
>>31523604
I remember some anon posting the list he got from it in a thread just like this one sec.
>>31523621
Isn't Mythical and Legendary regarded as the same status in game? The only time the distinction is made is in external media like Pokemon.com, the store, news, etc.
>>
>>31523604
>>31523687
This was the post with the list, and it also links to a thread just like this one.
>>31488741
>>
>>31523687
Mythical Pokémon aren't required for Pokédex completion. You can get the diploma without having any of them registered, and the Alola Pokédex can be at 100% without Magearna or Marshadow.
>>
>>31523717
yes but they have the same status (e.g. magearna is considered a legendary in the game regardless of need for the dex).
>>
>Pokemon not from Alola have no national dex entry under Sun/Moon. Not even a copy paste from the older gens at least.
>Megas not in Alola get no mega dex enteries under any game
Fucking lazy as fuck GF
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.