[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon adds shiny new things with each generation. The one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Pokémon adds shiny new things with each generation. The one new thing they have never added, in 20 years I might add, is a major status ailment. Invent one.

Bonus points if the status is generally associated with one type. The only thing I can think of is Petrification, for Rock types.
>>
>>31517184
Special burn that's a bug type.
>>
Spooked
Ghost
It's the effect of Curse
Put on certain Ghost moves as a 30% Chance of getting Spooked.
>>
There should be a nervous condition that prevents Pokemon from using items for a few turns. Basically modify unnerve
>>
>>31517230
Some sort of fear system could be really interesting
>>
>>31517184
>Frozen becomes Brain Freeze
>Brain Freeze causes no damage, but reduces Special Attack and may cause the afflicted Pokemon to be too distracted by pain to act.
>Ice type status move that inflicts guaranteed Brain Freeze and can only be learned by Ice types
>Ice type moves that used to inflict Frozen now inflict Brain Freeze with increased probability
>>
Reversed
Dark/Psychic/Ghost

Afflicted Pokemon's type matchups are reversed
>>
>>31517211
"Stung" or "Sting"
"X has been stung!"
>>
>>31517184
Blinded
Dark type
Lowers accuracy by 50%.
>>
Drowning/Coughing for water or gaseous poison types, acts like confusion, in there's a chance they don't attack this turn, and goes away after 2-5. Difference being instead of attacking themselves, they can't be withdrawn until the status is removed. Still can U-turn/baton pass, if successfully use the move.
>>
>>31517230
>Allowing shadow ball to take 1/4 of HP each turn besides dealing damage unless you switch out
>You cannot switch out the turn you get hit, so if the spooked status 39% chance triggers when shadow ball hits you, you're guaranteed to lose 1/4 of your HP + shadow ball's actual damage that turn
>Non-ghost uses coverage shadow claw and gets +1 on atk and def

I'd say it's broken, but you could modify it so that instead of 1/4 of HP each turn, it takes 1/8 like other status. It'd be cool to have as long as it is not exactly the same as curse
>>
>>31517184
Bleeding
Inflicted by stabbing and cutting moves
Victim loses 1/32nd of its HP per turn and its defense and special defense are reduced by 15%
Stacks up to three times
>>
Beaned
Grass
Your Pokemon just got beaned! Tag your enemy to totally bean them!
>>
>>31517238
this could work well as Petrification >>31517184
block item use and maybe lower speed as a secondary effect?
>>
Rust
>only works on steel pokemon
>Each physical hit on it during rust lowers it's defense by 1
>>
>>31517296
Oh man, that'd make things crazy and I want it
>>
>>31517329
This is something I could see being added
>>
>>31517184
something that lowers spA and inflicts damage over time to match burned, something that can toxic steel/poison types or just overall more things like soak and burn out.
>>
>>31517367
That's more like an ability
>>
File: mushroomized.png (154KB, 710x699px) Image search: [Google]
mushroomized.png
154KB, 710x699px
>>31517184
Mushroomized
Pokemon has a 50% chance to use a random move it knows instead of the one picked by the trainer.

Moves that use it:
Forest Curse - now causes this as well as previous effect
Spore - still causes Sleep status, but also causes target to be Mushroomized when they wake up unless their Sleep status was cured by a move such as Aromatherapy, Heal Bell, etc (using a berry to heal Sleep still leaves Mushroomized status)
Strength Sap - now causes Mushroomized as well as previous effects

Abilities that use it:
Effect Spore changed to have a 30% chance to cause Mushroomized.
>>
Always wanted a zombie ailment to ruin stalling and healing. combo it with heal pulse and make some people cry.
>>
>>31517296
this could actually be good
could use a cooler name though (not that i can think of anything...)
>>
Attrition
Any time this pokemon would heal HP, it loses HP instead. No move inflicts this on its own, like how Paralysis can be directly inflicted by Glare. Instead, this status is spread by certain Ghost-type moves and one Dark-type move. The Dark move is so it can be inflicted on Chansey. Fuck Chansey.
>>
injured
steel and grass (wooden hammer) gives you splinters
1/12 damage everytime you use physical attacks
>>
>>31517184
Blinded

Crit Up
I wished Darktypes have a move where they can surround the battlefield in Pitch Black and Dark Types have higher evasiveness and higher Crit chance with Dark Type attacks for 3 to 5 turns.
With a Field Extender/Onyx Rock the darkness will surround the battlefield for about 8 turns.
>>
Fevered

Lowers special attack and special defense one stage while in effect. The moves which would cause it should either be poison or fire but I like the poison idea since it's more flavorful. The move that causes it could be called pyrexia or something.

Broken Guard

This ones for fighting types and could probably be given as a chance to some of the more generic fighting moves. Moves done by a pokemon with a broken guard would have the priority reduced a level. It could also cause 10% more damage taken or make critical hits easier to land.
>>
>>31517184
Empowered
Increases the victim's attack and special attack by 1.2x

Inflicted by several high power attacks at a 10% - 30% chance rate.

Basically the idea is you can use these high power attacks, your hydro pumps, your fire blasts, etc. They have more accuracy of course, but if you're unlucky or the foe out predicts you, then they get their stats embiggened and can turn the tide of the match
>>
Tickled
Lasts 2-5 turns. A tickled pokemon doesn't use it's move and recovers 1/8th if it's maximum HP at the end of every turn. A pokemon with max HP can't be tickled and the condition ends immediately if the pokemon is fully healed. Primarily Fairy type.
>>
>>31517238
Embargo?
>>
>>31517184
Injured
Fighting I guess
Makes the afflicted Pokemon's defensive stats
act as if they were a stage lower than they are.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.