[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From TV Tropes: >Zygarde's Complete Form looks like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: zygarde-complete.jpg (44KB, 360x312px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde-complete.jpg
44KB, 360x312px
From TV Tropes:
>Zygarde's Complete Form looks like a Ganmen and one of the moves it uses in the anime is an attack that is pretty similar to the Giga Drill Breaker.

Ughhh what is it with Gurren Lagann fags and their obsession with finding references to their precious show in everything ever
>>
>>31505255
Ask the Jojofags.
>>
>>31505255
>Everything is a Gurren Lagann reference
>Even the stuff it ripped off from older Super Robot shows

See also: other Gainax and Trigger shows
>>
>>31505255
You gotta understand. A lot of Gurren Lagann's biggest fans are not mechafags. They see so many similarities to Gurren Lagann instead of, say, Getter Robo, because Gurren Lagann is literally the only mecha series they have watched, aside from an episode or two of Gundam.
>>
>>31505295
But Eva fags aren't obnoxious in that respect. They don't see some giant monster and are like "LOL THAT'S TOTALLY A HOMAGE TO EVA-01". They don't label every single blue haired emotionless girl ever as a reference to Rei Ayanami even if they actually are inspired by her archetype.
>>
>>31505271
First post does it again.
>>
>>31505255
Norsefags are the worst. They had like 4 full paragraphs on bulbapedia of just trying to connect Zygarde to 6+ different Norse characters.
>>
>>31505255
Is TV Tropes any good?
>>
>>31505391
It's okay. I sometimes use it when I want to find a game/show with a very specific element I like, or I use it to research a game.
It's generally nice to browse, but it does have similar magnetic powers to 4chan, albeit far weaker.
>>
>>31505345
This. I can kinda get xerneas and yveltals' connections, but zygarde just doesn't fit into anything Norse (aside from kind of the 10% form). Doesn't help that the 50% form looks almost exactly like an Indian Naga.
>>
>>31505255
I agree it's faggotry. It's obviously a JoJo reference!
>>
>>31505391
Fun to read sometimes, other times it reads like a fanboy circlejerk.
>>
>>31505391
never EVER read opinion based pages like YMMV, that shit's cringe

they also used to have things called troper tales, but they were smart enough to remove them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJQqUN2buE
>>
File: IMG_0033.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0033.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>31505312
I prefer Kaworu clones like pic related
>>
You probably don't know about JoJo fandom...
>>
>>31505255
>Gurren Lagann
>>31505271
>JoJo

>Not Dragon Ball
>>
>>31505271
You mean the falseflaggers who follow Triple Q on twitter and trip over themselves parroting "LE JOJO REFERENCE!" to make people think Jojo fans are more annoying than they actually are?
>>
>>31505719
Outside hair and tail tropes, DB fans don't really see references everywhere.

On the other hand JoJo fans can't see any show as anything but a sequence of references to a bland series.
>>
>>31505533
>>31505549
These. The WMG and YMMV pages are shit, as are anything secondary to the pages themselves like the forums.
The pages themselves are decent, even if they occasionally feel like they are stretching for a particular trope.
>>
>>31505753
I don't doubt there's falseflaggers, but there are too many people that do it seriously.
I have a couple of friends that constantly sperg out about LE JOJO whenever the faintest thing resembling a pose pops up.
>>
>>31505255
Nah look at that pose. Clearly a reference to the classic Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

At least it has a face on its chest like Gurren Lagann. If memory serves me mechas don't predominantly have the whole double-face thing. I agree that it's coincidental though and who the hell could think a laser leaving a Z mark is an homage to a fucking giant drill. How?
>>
>>31505778
Some of the individual trope pages can get kinda bad as well, when some person feels the need to EMPHASIZE how (x character) TOTALLY DID (SOME THING) and how AWESOME they think it is
>>
>>31505778
WMG is fucking cancer ("What if the protagonist is actually from the same universe as this completely unrelated game because of time travel?!") but the YMMV page often has some interesting stuff. It usually keeps the tone of the other pages without descending into fan wank.
>>
File: 53746612_p0.png (159KB, 376x409px) Image search: [Google]
53746612_p0.png
159KB, 376x409px
Anime is a sin.
>>
>>31505494
To be fair I could get behind the theory that each form is based on a different kid of Loki. Sounded pretty neat.
>>
>>31507118
I read WMG sections just to see retards you mentioned getting BTFO'd in the first reply to their "theory".
>>
>>31505549
Heh

>The Running Gag of Bianca running in, colliding with Ash, and sending him flying into a conveniently-placed body of water. Is Bianca genuinely clumsy, or is she doing it on purpose so she can have an excuse to see Ash with his shirt off?
>>
>obsession with finding references to <thing> in everything ever

you literally just described TVTropes' entire purpose as a website
>>
>>31508660
>Implying using any motiffs/archetypes/etc. ever must always be a reference to something

Please stop making the "spot the underage" game so easy.
>>
>>31505271
The only time i see jojofags force their shit and it isn't falseflaggers are in the comments for music videos from song references in it (e.g. tusk)
>>
>>31508769
He's talking about tvtropes
When did he say in his post that everything is a reference?
>>
File: theyCantDBZ1.jpg (183KB, 1454x631px) Image search: [Google]
theyCantDBZ1.jpg
183KB, 1454x631px
>>31505255
>>31505255
>>31505255

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>31508868
Because TVT look for said motiffs instead of references, which in turn are rarely included outside of shoutout lists? Autist corner subsites like WMG don't count.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.