[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is poison weak to psychic? Ground makes some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Why the fuck is poison weak to psychic? Ground makes some sense but why psychic?
>>
>>31504865
>mara jade was able to keep the yuuzhan vong biotoxin at bay using just her mind / the force.
that's all i got for you, op
>>
I saw a theory of tvtropes that it was because psychic types could mess with their bodies in order for themselves to be hurt by their own poison. Though by that logic it should be SE against fire types as well. I don't really get why ground is supposed to be SE though?
>>
>>31504896
Eh.
If anything I think that poison should beat psychic.
Drugs.
>>
>>31504865

Mind over matter
>>
>>31504865
Medical science.
>>
Go with psychic in the sense of healers/shamans. The ability to expunge impurities and disease.
Or placebo effect?
>>
>>31504906
Something something ground and oil something something

In reality poison was probably not really thought about in terms of weaknesses and what it beats. Really should be SE against water. Balanced and gives water a third weakness like most other types.
>>
>>31505062
You'd think they would have put more thought into it considering that about 1/4 of gen 1 pokemon were poison type.
>>
>>31505062
>In reality poison was probably not really thought about in terms of weaknesses and what it beats. Really should be SE against water. Balanced and gives water a third weakness like most other types.

Hehe. Continue dreaming.

Also last I checked Poison only has two weaknesses so nice job being a hypocrite.
>>
>>31504912
EXXXXXXDEEEEEEE
>>
>>31505104
Fine, fair enough point. Water is just very good defensively and poison as a weakness both makes logical sense and buffs poison. Even with fairies poison still is pretty relevant. More people just run a coverage move then using an actual poison pokemon.
>>
>>31505104
Why are waterfags so protective of the overpowered type? Whenever someone even mentions nerfing water someone will always throw a shitfit.
>what if ice resisted water?
>YOU FUCKING AUTIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31505150
>overpowered type?

Water is not overpowered.
>>
>>31505192
It's unarguably one of the best type in the game.
>>
File: 1484445377766.png (971KB, 1600x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1484445377766.png
971KB, 1600x1081px
I've always really liked the way I think about the relationship.

Basically, a psychic power can potentially do one of two things to a poison. Pokemon that are poison type have a natural venom or a collection of artificial components that contain the same chemical. One way or the other, the psychic powers are able to ignite that chemical violently.

So whenever I get an SE hit on a Poison type with a psychic move I see it exploding.
>>
>>31505236
Ignore the first sentence I rewrote it because I'm a cuck.
>>
>>31505192
Dude water is a really good type and a ton of pokemon have it
>>
>>31505225
Best does not equal overpowered by default.
>>
>>31505225
>>31505263
doesn't mean it's overpowered. the only op type in the game is steel, fairy is a close 2nd
>>
>>31505268
It's still a really good, type and would remain a really good type even after a reasonable nerf. My point was that waterfags are a lot more protective of their type than fans of other good types. I have literally seen someone reply with "Autism." to the suggestion that ice should resist water.
>>
>>31505318
Good luck hoping for that to happen when Freeze-Dry exist.
>>
>>31504865
you can't poison a psychic because they're read your mind to discover your betrayal and then mind control you so that you ingest the poison instead of them and then you die

next time think before you shitpost
>>
>>31505365
>reading comprehension
>>
>>31505369
you can't stab a psychic with metal because they're read your mind to discover your betrayal and then mind control you so that you stab yourself with that piece of steel instead of them and then you die

>>
>>31504919
>>31505031
this
why the fuck is ghost weak to dark?
>>
>>31505422
because balance exists. without it ghost would only be weak to one thing, ghost
>>
>>31505421
if that were true, then why is psychic resisted by steel?

>>
>>31505544
That's the point retard.
>>
>>31505147
I think Fairies are the reason for their abundance. Fairies are weak to Poison, after all.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.