[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Archer Pokemon >Does not learn Thousand Arrows >Heel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

File: final-evolutions-ft.jpg (188KB, 1920x714px) Image search: [Google]
final-evolutions-ft.jpg
188KB, 1920x714px
>Archer Pokemon
>Does not learn Thousand Arrows

>Heel Pokemon
>Does not learn Sucker Punch

>Singing Pokemon
>Does not learn Boomburst

Are Gamefreak just trolling at this point? Like, what was even the point?
>>
File: 084.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
102KB, 300x256px
>I'm upset that a starter doesn't learn a Legendary move that only a Legendary Pokemon can use.
The other two are valid
>>
>>31502884
Every Archer can't necessarily fire Thousand Arrows. And Sucker Puncher would make Incineroar usable, so fuck that.
Primarina one is valid though.
>>
Give it 4-5 days when bank releases and these are given as events/gifts

Oh who am i kidding
>>
>>31502895
I'm with you Anon but it's not like he gets anything else of note

Why the fuck is "Arrows" a Ground move anyway
>>
>>31502921
Because it's only for Zygarde.
>>
can't have anyone outshining greninja :^)

if prima doesn't get boomburst with its HA, i'm gonna fucking cry
>>
>>31502940
Signature moves were a mistake
>>
>>31502951
They have to do it
Please ;_;
>>
>people want these POS to be good
Just use ashgreninja you faggots
>>
>>31502976
Just to spite you, the next Water starter will get Boomburst but not Liquid Voice.
>>
>>31502907
Wrong. Boomburst is the signature move of Noivern and Exploud. Tumblrina can have sing, there you go faggots, enjoy.
>>
>wigglytuff doesn't get boomburst
>swellow does
eat a dick gf
>>
>>31503059
>>
>>31503059
Primarina already has sing, dum dum,
AND Boomburst is not a signature move at all.
You got the whole post wrong, you idiot!
>>
>A Grass/Ghost starter getting a Ground type Legendary exclusive move

>A singing pokemon learning a move that can potentially hurt its throat

But yeah, Incineroar not having Sucker Punch, which is literally Surprise Attack in Japanese is dumb as fuck, given that it's both a tiger and a heel wrestler.
>>
>>31503100
Hyper Voice is literally the same as Boomburst go read the descriptions
>>
>>31503100
>Fictional, fantasy monsters doing fictional, fantastic things
Whooaaahhh
>>
File: giphy1.gif (989KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
giphy1.gif
989KB, 500x272px
>>31503109
Hyper Voice is singing loud enough so they hear you in the back of the hall

Boomburst is pic.
>>
>>31503139
Hyper Voice is a magical sound-based monster attack
Boomburst is a magical sound-based monster attack
Fuck
>>
>>31503139
I mean in your headcanon maybe yeah
But Hyper Voice is described equally as luod in the game:
The user lets loose a horribly loud shout with the power to damage.
The user lets loose a horribly echoing shout with the power to inflict damage
(these are both for hyper voice)
>>
>>31503194
Hyper Voice is described as Echoy while Boomburst is described as Explosive.
>>
No Sucker Punch on Incineroar is a bit odd. I bet it'll get it when the next games come out. Same with Boomburst for Primarina.
>>
File: burp.png (113KB, 640x640px)
burp.png
113KB, 640x640px
>>31503216
>explosive
that is not a term I'd associate with something that has high maintenance vocal cords
>>
>>31502884
>hurr its an archer so it must have thousand arrows!!!
Last time I checked Decidueye can't split its body up to a bunch of small organisms, then send them through the air to plummet on the foe.

It's not literal arrows, genius.
>>
>>31503194

Here's the REAL difference

>Hyper Voice: The user lets loose a horribly echoing (((shout))) with the power to inflict damage
>Boomburst: The user attacks everything around it with the destructive power of a terrible, explosive (((sound)))

Boomburst is not a shout, but rather, a sound. Unless Primarina makes this SOUND with several of her bubbles...
>>
File: 1401569835526.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1401569835526.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>31502884
I'm not seeing the correlation with singing and Boomburst here >>31503088
Not all sound based pokemon sing, and not all singing based pokemon learn all sound based attacks.
>>
>>31503294
Last time I checked Gamefreak don't give a single fuck about technicalities like these.

Animation =/= distribution, genius.
>>
>>31503294
Semantics, man; does it matter? It's an archer and it gets 0 arrow-themed moves. Except the Z-Move I guess.
>>
>>31502957
>Pokemon gets a unique exclusive move that becomes its gimmick
>Next generation, everyone and their mothers can learn said exclusive move
For what purpose? Just to fuck around with us?
>>
>>31503358
Dude, that happens all the fucking time. And it usually makes even less sense.
>>
>>31503318
>Semantics, man; does it matter?
It does when said Z-move only produces brings the arrow count used at once to a whopping 20.
>>
>>31502884
Sucker punch is called something entirely different in japan. Still should have got knock off.
>>
>>31503665
It's called "Surprise Attack" you dickstain. How is that much different?
>>
>>31503676
Incineroar is too stupid to surprise anyone.
>>
>>31502884
I no longer expect anything from GF, people will settle for whatever shit they give them.
>>
>>31503625
>Decidueye's signature attack uses 20 arrows
>random coverage move it gets uses 1000 arrows
I can just imagine the shitposting this would create
>>
File: 1470189361665.jpg (79KB, 916x952px) Image search: [Google]
1470189361665.jpg
79KB, 916x952px
>>31502884
>Archer Pokemon
>Doesn't learn related
Are Gamefreak just trolling at this point? Like, what was even the point?
>>
>>31502951
Unfortunately, I don't think you're too far off the mark there. Its pretty clear that GF wants to keep shilling Greninja as long as possible while cucking pretty much everything else. Hell, I even think they screwed over Delphox and Chesnaught on purpose just to make Greninja look better than it actually is. Think about it:

It got the far better HA of the three with protean which is fucking broken when paired with its speed, its movepool is fucking huge and even bigger than Delphox's who is supposed to be a MAGE while also getting extrasensory for no damn reason. Delphox's HA is absolutely worthless and Chesnaught's is pretty situational, but Greninja just got the one that lets it be any type it wants.

Then Ash-Greninja happened. That was the last fucking straw for me and was the thing that had me convinced that GF purposely fucked over the other two Kalos starters just to make its special snowflake frog look better.

People say Decidueye is the Greninja of gen 7? No. Greninja is the Greninja of gen 7.
>>
>>31502884
But singers have to take care of their instrument. That move would ruin its voice
>>
>>31504098
/thread, unfortunately.
>>
>all of these anons saying Primarina shouldn't get Boomburst because MUH MOVE WOULD RUIN IT'S VOICE
Just admit that you don't want it to have Boomburst because you don't like it and want it's HA to stay useless
>>
Most, if not all, Pokémon that learn Hyper voice should learn Boomburst
>>
>>31502884
>Archer Pokemon
>>Does not learn Thousand Arrows
Thousand Arrows is the signature move of a legendary. Why the fuck would some random owl learn it?
>>Heel Pokemon
>>Does not learn Sucker Punch
Fair enough.
>>Singing Pokemon
>>Does not learn Boomburst
Boomburst is just a really fucking loud sound. Why would a singing pokemon learn it?
>>
>>31504879
I could've sworn that Jiggglypuff got Boomburst, but it appears I was mistaken.
>>
>>31503707
> now you see me inCENAroar
>>
>>31502884
>Archer Pokemon
>Does not learn Thousand Arrows
a grass/ghost learned a ground move is odd

>Heel Pokemon
>Does not learn Sucker Punch
he really does, he can lear sucker punch from egg move

>Singing Pokemon
>Does not learn Boomburst
her name is primarina, a singer, give to her boomburst is like give to soprano the way to fuck his troat
>>
>>31502884
GF is purposely making the starters worse and worse every generation

Same with pseudos
>>
>>31508945
No. They've been making the starters better for the past few gens, starting in gen 4, gen V introduced Hidden Abilities that broke several starters, gen 6 starters were some of the most viable ever. They just decided that the gen 7 starters - along with the rest of the Alola mons - should be garbage.
>>
Ok then faggots, say Decidueye doesn't get Thousand Arrows because MUH LEGENDARY MOVE ONLY and Primarina doesn't get Boomburst because MUH TOTALLY NOT THE SAME THING AS HYPER VOICE.

What kind of themed move should Decidueye learn instead? And what kind of move that makes Liquid Voice not worthless should Primarina learn instead?
>>
>>31503317
You didn't "check" nothing though.
>>
>>31503792
Is this a Fate reference?
>>
>>31508961
They're not garbage, they're just as average as the other starters that didn't get a broken Hidden Ability or a good mega.
>>
>A cat that sometimes attacks the opposing trainer
>can't even chase down a fleeing pokemon with Pursuit
>huge fucking ham hands
>can't learn Knock Off

This thing is just fucked.
>>
>>31509045

No sound moves actually benefit from Liquid Voice. There's Bug Buzz and Clanging Scales, but the rest are status moves and weaker variant of Hyper Voice (Snore, Round, Echoed Voice, etc.)

Liquid Voice Hyper Voice is basically Sparkling Aria that doesn't hit your doubles partner or heal burns. It seems kinda contrived that they'd create a signature move and ability that are so similar in function that there's basically no point in using Hyper Voice.

GameFreak like to create useless things as placeholders, then buff them at a later date. See Defog as an example: it was useless when first introduced because it only cleared hazards from the opponent's side. Then the devs decided to buff it and make it useful.

Liquid Voice looks like a placeholder for Boomburst to me. They probably considered it and designed Primarina with Boomburst in mind. No telling if they'll ever action it though.
>>
I really wish they'd stop gimping certain mons to help make their counterparts look much better in comparison.
>>
>>31509493
GF probably didn't want Primarina to be very good. It is the only starter who got a signature move that isn't based on it's secondary type, and it has a detrimental effect to boot. In addition, as you said, it's HA is useless for anything but Hyper Voice, which is just a Sparkling Aria without the nerf that doesn't hit allies.

Even beyond that, the fact that Liquid Voice functions the same as the -ate moves but doesn't get the same damage boost only proves that they just didn't want it to be useful. Maybe they just assumed water/fairy typing was enough by itself and over-nerfed Primarina to compensate. Either way I don't think it's getting Boomburst, as if they were going to give it that they would have already.
>>
>>31509544
Things like this make me wish that the series was in the hands of competent devs.
>>
>>31509553
It really shouldn't be THAT hard to balance better, but apparently it is. Thing with Primarina is a lot of the issues with it just seem so deliberate, as opposed to Decidueye which just seems dumb. Yes, Decidueye's HA isn't good either but at least it serves a function. It's issue is more that they wanted it to be a mixed attacker but forgot to actually give it many worthwhile special attacks. That and the general speed creep that affected just about everything.
>>
>>31509544

Didn't want it to be good? If anything, they were wary of making it too good. It's a bulky tank with incredible typing that hits incredibly hard. They'd have to fuck up immensely to make it bad.

Its signature move and ability fit its flavor. It attacks with bubbles that are controlled by singing. That's Water type, not Fairy. Darkest Lariat wouldn't make sense as a Fire type move, nor Spirit Shackle a Grass one.

Liquid Voice isn't an -ate ability. No point comparing them. If it were Fairy-type though, it'd be a directly inferior version of Pixilate.
>>
>>31509576
It doesn't help that they aren't trying to hide that they're biased towards certain mons.
>>
>>31509613
Then why didn't they just give it a different signature move that did fit it's secondary typing? Couldn't have been that hard. And again, while the other two have positive special effects, Sparkling Aria has a negative one.

The same can be said for Liquid Voice. No matter how you spin it, it's still an essentially useless HA that should for all intents and purposes be the same as Pixilate but for sound moves. Except it isn't because they removed the thing that actually makes Pixilate and all of the others good. And every other more of that nature has that, implying Liquid Voice was specifically singled out to not have it.

Also see >>31509614. You say they were wary of making it too good, and yet they have no problem with the tons of other pokemon that are immensely good. Azumarril is also water/fairy but they have no problem with it.

The truth is that they just don't really give a shit about balancing and just like to play favorites. They like some pokemon better than others and give those the good things, and likewise like some pokemon less.
>>
File: meowth.png (125KB, 513x609px)
meowth.png
125KB, 513x609px
>start playing
>see a few aloha forms
>look up meowth
Ok what in the fuck is this?
>>
One is a signature move, the other one future tutor and Primarina's hidden ability is not worth the use.

2/10 bait, stop being stupid.
>>
>Zebstrika and Rapidash are both physical attacking equines
>Can't learn High Horsepower by breeding
>>
>>31503100
Though not exactly the same, a fighting/steel type got a ground type exclusive move. I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility. Maybe an event move later or something like Darkrai.
>>
>>31509493
We will only ever know if they designed Liquid Voice with Boomburst in mind or not when they release HA Popplio. Then we will see if it's getting Boomburst as an event move or not.
>>
>>31509809
Thousand Arrows isn't exactly a bunch of arrows as it is Zygarde splitting into cells and launching them at the target.
>>
>>31509666
>look up meowth
>meowth.png
>picture is persian
devil trips were wasted on this
>>
>>31509850
What else could it possibly be, though?

> Okay, so it's time to design Primarina's signature move and ability
> Well, it attacks with voice bubbles, so let's go with that
> Great! Bubbles are made of water, so we'll make both Water-type
> Primarina sings, so they'll both be sound-based
> Its signature move will be a 90 base power water sound move that hits everything in doubles and cures burns
> Then its hidden ability will turn Hyper Voice into a 90 base power water sound move that hits both opponents

They're so fucking similar it's laughable. When Liquid Voice is released, Primarina gains the benefit of not hitting its partner in doubles or curing burns. Same attack, slightly different effect.

God the cognitive dissonance hurts my head. Part of me knows that this is just GameFreak being fuckups again and they unwittingly screwed Primarina over, and part of me wants to believe that they have something planned.
>>
>>31509917

Hopefully they have something planned, otherwise, this is just straight mocking.
>>
>>31509917
Maybe in the next game there'll be a Guts user that resists Water moves, and Guts will remain activated even after the status effect is cured? That'd make Sparkling Aria useful in doubles, although with Burn's damage nerf it's probably not even that useful.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 236x285px)
image.jpg
17KB, 236x285px
>>31510000
>>
>>31510000
Noice.
>>
>>31510000
Witnessed
>>
File: Tsuuuuuuuuuu.jpg (47KB, 602x481px) Image search: [Google]
Tsuuuuuuuuuu.jpg
47KB, 602x481px
>>31510000
>>
>>31509917
>>31509934
>introduce another attacking move that can cure a status condition
>curing said status condition does not boost the damage unlike the other two ones that do
>introduce another ability that changes the types of moves
>it does not boost the damage of the affected moves unlike the other type-changing abilities

Why?
>>
>>31510000
Those quads better mean something.
>>
>>31509917
>unwittingly screwed Primarina over
>unwittingly
We've been over this. They'd have had to have gone out of their way to do it this way. It was likely intentional because they didn't want Primarina to be 'too good'. Honestly it's signature move/hidden ability both seem like nerfs.
>>
>>31512215
What would the Gen VI and VII starters be like if Game Freak attempted to make them all as powerful as each other, and as powerful as they could be?
>>
>>31512818
>Chesnaught
Bulletproof blocks more moves, mainly explosive-based (Such as explosion), beam-based (Such as Ice Beam), and blast-based (Such as Moonblast). Also immunity to fire type because fire = gunfire.
Spiky Shield do slightly more damage.
Second signature move, Thorn Lance, a grass type move that works like Horn Leech but with 90 BP.
Sp.Atk slightly lowered to add to Atk and Def.

>Delphox
Magician now has the user's move do bonus damage when it steals an item, similar to Knockoff.
Mystical Fire lowers the target's sp. defense instead.
Second signature move, Alchemical Blast, a psychic type move that sacrifices the user's item to deal crazy damage to the target. Works together with Magician, receiving bonus damage while also stealing the opponent's item.
Atk slightly lowered to add to Sp.Atk and Speed.
>>
>>31513150
Those are actually really interesting. Those changes to Bulletproof would also help out Kommo-o quite a bit.
>>
>>31503016
Primarina is good. Not every Pokemon needs to be some overpowered as fuck sweeper.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.