[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish this was real... Best damn trio EVER, even though all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: Ash, Brock and Misty Alola.jpg (85KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
Ash, Brock and Misty Alola.jpg
85KB, 980x551px
I wish this was real... Best damn trio EVER, even though all the others from other gens were pretty cool as well (such as Clemont and my favorite, Dawn)
>>
There's this dude who also made a pretty cool remix of the Kanto battle theme in an anime-like style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ-zb4JNLAo
If only the director would at least give Brock and Misty a cameo...
>>
>>31501365
Sorry but that art style on Brock triggers my autism even more than Ash's design
>>
>>31501365
I seriously can't tell if this is falseflagging.
>>
What would be the ideal cast for the anime, using any of Ash's traveling companions, but with a group of no more than 5?
>>
>>31501773
Ash, Dawn, Brock, Clemont and Misy, that'd be the ideal group :)
>>
>>31501745
literally what does this even mean
>haha i'm going to pretend that i like something that i don't
>so people who do like it think it's more popular than it is
>haha i was only pretending
>>
>>31501803
LOL
>>
>>31501745
falseflagging?
>>
>>31501810
There's no reason anyone would come to /vp/ in the year 2017 to praise the original trio as a group and think it needs to be reunited. Both Misty and Brock were beyond stale in their last respective sagas and they have nothing more to contribute to the anime.
>>
>>31501813
I meant Misty, not Misy lol xP
>>
>>31501773
Ash, Iris, Tracey, Max and a CoTD.
>>
>>31501822
There is actually, they were iconic as f*ck, and bringing them back can definitely be something interesting and a great way to maybe even bring back older fans, even if just for a couple of episodes. I'll take these guys any time over trashy Serena (heck, I'd even prefer Iris)
>>
>>31501831
How could I forget about Tracey lol, would definitely be interesting to see him return :)
>>
>>31501852
Most "older fans" are the people who complained about Misty/Brock for years and wanted them gone from the anime. The original trio was viewed as a failure after the Johto saga. The writers stopped giving Misty cameos as early as 2005 because even back then they realized they had no reason to show her anymore. And Brock just declined into the background for an extra two gens to the point where you didn't even notice he was still in the show.
>>
>>31501852
Just watch this year's Pokemon movie. We'll be getting more news on it this weekend, so check the anime thread Saturday or Sunday and we may have an update there.
>>
>>31501727
This version of Misty looks all right, though.
>>
>>31501877
Most older fans? Lol, what planet are you from? These two are the favorite of most older fans in the West (don't know about Japan, though I know Dawn is #1 when it comes to female companions) I've read thousands of comments about "bring back Brock and Misty", and most of them are older fans :P
>>
>>31501913
Kek, now I know you're falseflagging. Youtube comments from nostalgic fans that haven't watched pokemon since their childhood don't count. These were just people who got swept up in the initial fad of pokemon, watched for a few years, and dropped it once pokemon was no longer "cool."

Its the same thing as the people who only like the original 151 pokemon, or say the new pokemon designs are terrible or whatever.
>>
>>31501365
The original trio became really boring in Johoto, they grew up
>>
>>31501803
lol no
>>
>>31501773
Ash, Dawn, Cilan
>>
>>31502324
Johto was shit all around. The problem is the writers had absolutely no idea what to do with either of them, even though they showed later on that Brock could still have great episodes (though they still ignored him mostly anyway). Misty was great earlier on, but lost her characterization after becoming Togepi's mom.

>>31501365
I wouldn't mind this happening.
>>
>>31501365
>brock ash and misty
>best trio
>not brock ash and dawn
"no"
>>
>>31501803
Ash, Sophocles, Kiawe, Dawn, Lana
>>
>>31504147
Dawn is definitely my #1 favorite female companion, but when it comes to a trio, I prefer Misty, Brock and Ash, there was just something charismatic about them in the Kanto season :)
>>
>>31504188
I meant to reply to >>31501773
But imagine, Buneary and Togedemaru fighting over Pikachu's affections. Dawn continuing on her contest career and being actually successful at it while maybe sharing dance tips with Kiawe. Sophocles being the one friend that everyone makes fun of but they need his tech sometimes, and I actually like his jerkass tendencies that everyone takes in stride. Lana travels to learn more about other region's water Pokemon and is the one to cut to the chase and attack people ruthlessly if she needs to.
>>
>>31504225
>anything before AG or after DP
>remotely good
>emoticons
unironically put a bullet through your temple
>>
>>31504225
Are you from tumblr or serebii by any chance? Nobody who comes to /vp/ uses smiley faces.
>>
>>31501773
Ash
Brock
Cilan
Clemont
Misty
>>
>>31501773
Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena

Whoops, did I forget Ash? No
>>
>>31504357
Scrap Serena and it's perfect
>>
>>31504246
No, not really, is using a smiley taboo or something?
>>
>>31504926
Fuck off back to where you came from and never return.
>>
>>31501773
Brock
Dawn
Clemont
Bonnie
>>
>>31501773
Ash, Misty, May, Serena, Lillie
>>
>>31501822
I think the only reason the first few seasons got anywhere was because Brock held it together.
>>
>>31501773
Brock, Cilan, Bonnie, Dawn/May since both are top tier on the anime.
>>
>>31501822
You know there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking something because it makes you nostalgic
>>
>>31501941
>The people who will probably profit the series the most dont count
This anime series isn't fucking good enough for anyone to make an argument against pandering to nostalgia, let the masses have what they want.
>>
>>31504888
Then how about Korrina? She was a traveling companion for a while.
>>
>>31501365
aw shit, that would be awesome. would watch.

all the other character except for Team Rocket suck right now in SM.
>>
>>31502324
Brock had some good episodes up through DP, just not many.
>>
>>31504246
What? I see smilies all the time. They are faggy as fuck, but I see 'em.
>>
>>31501365
>that fucking artstyle

I take OG artstyle over that lousy, simplistic dogshit.
>>
Make your dream cast! You have to pitch it though, so while Ash is optional, it might be tough to sell it without him. Maybe, I dunno, surprise me!
>>
>>31501773
Ash, Brock, Bonnie, Cilan and May.
>>
Brock
Serena
Ash

Best cast
>>
>>31508788
>>31501773

The Cast:
Ash's son (Don't care who the mother is, not important)
Max
Bonnie
That broad from the third movie.

Several years have passed since the last season, and through the magic of anime aging, Ash's son, whatever his name may be, has come of age to begin his journey right around the time Bonnie, Max, and whatserface are on theirs! (Or maybe he starts early, or the others start late, I don't really care)
Ash's son is out to accomplish what his pops never could. Max is out to become a Pokemon researcher of some sort and operates as a pseudobrock, while Bonnie isn't sure what she wants, and whatserface wants to be a trainer like the kid. They bond over the times they met his old man, and do shit. Callbacks to the original series are made, and cameos appear, but are not dealt significantly on.
They warpdrive through a few regions until the show settles into its stride, a bunch of kids with better set goals than their predecessors (mostly)
>>
File: 1484199618657.png (528KB, 761x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1484199618657.png
528KB, 761x1008px
If only....
>>
>>31501877
You mean the writers who consider female leads "eye candy"? Misty was a tomboy without a girly counterpart, she carried herself by personality alone and not by acting cheery sunny cutesy poo. When she cried it meant something, not just "I'm a girl so I'm tearing up because that's how girls handle any uncertainty". She also had a unique dynamic with Ash as his same aged senior, which worked best when Ash had little experience. The writers wanted to empower Ash, so they started contrasting him with less experienced female leads to make him seem more competent.
>>
>>31501822
Just like Ash?
>>
>>31508816
>Ash's son

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
that austistic asexual homofaggot would never get fucking laid and no Shitrena can change that because the senpai never noticed her anyway.
>>
>>31508773
The writers forgot he existed for the most part, honestly he was only there so Ash and female companion of the gen won't look too couplely
>>
>>31501365
Misty - Ash shipping, best shipping.
>>
>>31505116
Make me, bitch
>>
>>31508046
Perfect!
>>
>>31501402
>Inevitable Kanto remakes/Kanto postgame as hinted in SM
>New Kanto Anime, Ash visits a facility in Kanto like the Battle Frontier while at it
>>
>>31502595
Was thinking the other day about how it's interesting that Togepi completely neutered Misty but actually brought out Pikachu's personality a bit more.
>>
>>31501852
For a guest appearance sure but they don't work as travelling companions any more.
>>
>>31509749
This reads like a post from tumblr. You're not hiding anything, kid.
>>
>>31511359
> and we still dont get frontier in the games
>>
>>31512745
>I don't have a counter argument so I'll discredit you with an ad hominem I pulled out of my ass.
>>
>>31509749
>>31512840
What do you want me to say here? Misty had a few crying scenes in the anime, like with the Oddish in Bulbasaur's capture episode, the Jigglypuff ep, probably some others I can't remember off the top of my head.

She never broke down crying for losing something, but that's because Misty was barely in any serious battles until the tail-end of Johto. In Kanto most of her battles after the Gym match are just Psyduck popping out of its ball all the time. Then in Johto she barely battles up until the middle/tail-end when she gets Poliwhirl/Corsola.
>>
>>31501365

>Misty

No.
>>
File: squirtlecameout.jpg (112KB, 788x559px) Image search: [Google]
squirtlecameout.jpg
112KB, 788x559px
>>31501877
>The writers stopped giving Misty cameos as early as 2005 because even back then they realized they had no reason to show her anymore
It's more that they wanted to showcase their new female protagonists from the game. Ash is impossible to replace, but they knew Misty and Brock were easily chopped off.

People who grew up with the show loved the dynamic between the original trio. Brock was even requested to come back after Tracey became a thing. North American fans would still love to see the original trio return, genwunner or not.
>>
>>31513019
>North American fans would still love to see the original trio return, genwunner or not.

Literally all the people who continued watching pokemon WERE the North American fans. Who do you think was watching AG when it was originally airing in the early 2000's? May's entire fanbase came from people who started watching with Kanto. The AG episodes averaged around 20 million viewers worldwide from Japan and the west.

What you're saying doesn't even correlate to the direction the show went in. Misty's departure was *because* of the fandom more than anything. You can tell when we were in the beginning of Hoenn the writers weren't sure how May would be received, that's why Misty got so many specials, but those stopped entirely and the writers increased May's screentime after the first year of Hoenn once they realized she was becoming popular and the Contests were taking off in popularity in the series.
>>
File: dawn.png (194KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
dawn.png
194KB, 700x800px
>>31513073
>that's why Misty got so many specials, but those stopped entirely
The writers may have been unsure about May, but it's naive to think they weren't gonna go with it anyway. The reason Misty got thrown around here and there in Gen 3 was because they wanted to ease the transition. They wanted to showcase new female characters, that's why Brock was allowed to stay longer. It wasn't until Brock started feeling out of place without Misty that he got replaced too.

The fandom had nothing to do with it. It was a transition that the anime team had decided to make. Misty was a beloved character, it's stupid to think she wasn't.
>>
Misty is my favorite female companion from the anime. I say that knowing I've got nostalgia goggles on

I dont watch the anime anymore, it feels too childish for me, but I like the old episodes for being entertaining while I was a kid. I'm fond of those memories.

Its not rocket science to understand and empathize with someone who'd want Misty or whoever they grew up with to return.
When on earth did people decide that nostalgia itself is bad? The only thing inherently wrong with nostalgia is people discrediting new efforts BECAUSE they like the old things
>>
>>31501365
No navel visible, kys
>>
>>31501773
I'd like to see one of the male trainers as Ash's rival.
>>
>>31513172
You're missing my point. In Japan Misty was "kept alive" even though she wasn't part of the main show anymore because she still got frequent specials and cameos. Its not like she vanished completely similar to way old characters leave the show now and are mostly forgotten.

And all those specials/cameos happened mostly in the very beginning of Hoenn, because as I said the writers had no clue how May would be received at first or if the anime could continue successfully without Misty who had been in every single episode at that point. You could pretty much tell after the writers saw May had gotten popular and once the Contests took off in the anime, Misty's cameos/specials started to dwindle entirely (her only special during late Hoenn was that Luvdisc one), and then the writers just gave her one last appearance at Pallet town after Hoenn ended....and then she never appeared again for the rest of the anime.

That was way back in 2005. Once Battle Frontier started the writers never had her appear again outside of stuff like flashbacks, so they realized back then they had no reason to keep giving her appearances anymore due to May's popularity over the 3-year span of Hoenn from 2002-2005 back then.

I don't think there's a doubt in anyones mind that Misty would have been given a comeback like Brock if either May was poorly received or Misty was too popular to let go that early in the series. Misty was given a VERY early permanent departure from the anime. She could have theoretically lasted as long as Brock did at least, up until the end of DP. Instead she's axed only 5 years into the show, and she stays gone for the next two decades, and even her cameos stop entirely by 2005.

The writers literally went out of their way to purposely bury Misty's character. There's no other way to spin it.
>>
>>31501773
Ash and Misty
>>
>>31512745
>hurr hurr i dont like it so its tumblr lol haha
>>
>>31512888
>No.
Yes.
>>
File: chansey.gif (892KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
chansey.gif
892KB, 320x240px
>>31513279
>The writers literally went out of their way to purposely bury Misty's character. There's no other way to spin it.
That's just straight untrue, though. Throught the generations, Misty had been alluded to. Whether it was a fond flashback or the reappearance of the Misty lure, she was shown to the public as someone to be remembered.
>She could have theoretically lasted as long as Brock
No, she couldn't. Like I said in the previous post, it's a fact that the writers wanted to showcase other female characters. Not because Misty was a bad one, but because new ones would attract a wider audience. Brock is proof of that, since there was no reason to get rid of him until people realized that it wasn't the same. Even in Brock's case, they most likely wanted to show off another Gym Leader travelling with Ash.

It's very, VERY naive to assume a character was removed simply because that character was no good, especially when there's a mountain of evidence proving otherwise. Anime is still a business, and changes need to be made in order to make everything look new and shiny. Just look at Sun and Moon. It's all about appealing to the right audience.
>>
>>31513423
>>31513172
FANG-TAN/Satoshi is that you?
>>
>>31513437
I've never used a trip or name, so that's a big no, friend.
>>
>>31509049
I hope they are back in the new movie.
>>
>>31513019

Hell No!

I hated Misty even back then.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.