[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Masquerain gets a nifty stat boost that places it at Venomoth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: ffs.png (63KB, 1015x594px)
ffs.png
63KB, 1015x594px
> Masquerain gets a nifty stat boost that places it at Venomoth tier, no longer being hopelessly inferior.
> Gets a day/night counterpart, using the new stat total.
> Counterpart is a far better Pokemon, but fair enough.
> Parasect doesn't get any stat buff, and remains one of the weakest fully evolved Pokemon, and far weaker than the other Spore users.
> It also gets a day/night counterpart, but it also has the low as fuck stats, and is throughly outclassed by the other mushrooms.
> Counterpart still manages to be a far better Pokemon than Parasect anyway.

No seriously, they buffed fucking Farfetch'd. Spore is not an excuse to have Parasect suck ass, seeing Breloom and Amoonguss have it and are far better.
>>
>>31496915
>tfw your favorite mon did get a buff, but it's still useless
>>
>>31496926

Intimidate Scald Quiver Dance, I guess?
>>
>>31496915
With a typing like that it would take a miracle to make Parasect good even if it was boosted, but I agree, a BST of 405 is just way too low
>>
>>31496941
I meant Qwilfish, who also got a buff
>>
>>31496926
t. Crustle fan
>>
File: 1457217084765.jpg (41KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
1457217084765.jpg
41KB, 1033x679px
>>31496949
>unironically liking Qwilfish
pic related
>>
>>31496915
Eh...still better than Delelelele-WHOOOOP! At least Parasect has a few good resistances and an immunity to Water.
>>
>>31496942

https://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compare_pokemon?pokemon=parasect&pokemon=leavanny

When there is another Pokemon of the same typing and better stats everywhere, you know there is room for improvement.
>>
>>31496972

Delelelele-WHOOOOP is a fucking level 10 bug.
>>
Fully evolved Pokemon should have a minimum of 500 BST
And just retcon when they evolve so you don't have OP Pokemon early on.
>>
Both venomoth and araquanid have better typings and abilities (obviously intimidate is good but not on this type of mon). The buffs are nice but its still a boring mon.
>>
>>31496926
still the king of PU
>>
>>31497007
id say 480
500 you would be buffing alot of good pokemon like ferrothorn Azumarill Clefable etc etc
>>
>>31496915
Parasect is better though.
>>
>>31497018
they should have just said fuck it and made it Bug/Water
>>
File: 1484750842194.jpg (3KB, 102x102px) Image search: [Google]
1484750842194.jpg
3KB, 102x102px
>>31496915
>>31496926
>tfw your bro did get a buff that allows him to outspeed lot of non-scarf users
>>
>>31497051
parasect is easily the worst shroom mon
Shiinotic is not far off but strength sap is pretty good
>>
File: ohs.png (49KB, 263x202px) Image search: [Google]
ohs.png
49KB, 263x202px
>>31497007
>Smeargle gets his BST doubled
>>
>>31497065
At least Parasect design is bro-tier.
>>
>>31496915
I was kind of hoping Parasect would've gotten a mega, maybe something like Grass/Ghost or whatever. Maybe some kind of form where the bug half is ghostly while the mushroom has encompassed most of the body and acts to make it bulky. Or hell, maybe just an evolution at this point, since who knows if Game Freak will go back to megamons.

Then again, I doubt Game Freak is going to go out of their way to buff a bunch of Pokemon in general. Gen IV gave us some evos and shit, but there's still too many that are going to continue to suck. Some mon just kind of seem to be destined to be shit, and while I love Parasect, I doubt it'll see any buffs anytime soon.
>>
File: 756.png (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
756.png
48KB, 300x300px
>>31497068
yeah parasect has a good design
but i love my ayylmao shroom more
>>
>>31497072
The biggest problem with Parasect is that, like Bug/Flying and Rock/Ground or even Rock/Fire, it's a poor type combo that offers 4x weakness to a popular type(s). Even if it got higher stats, it's still going to struggle.
>>
File: victreebel furious screeching.jpg (17KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
victreebel furious screeching.jpg
17KB, 500x386px
>>31496926
>tfw your bro got Poison Jab for a decent physical poison move

Could be worse I guess, but I still prefer leaning towards special moves.
>>
>>31496949
Still intimidate suicide lead. Aqua jet, toxic spikes, spikes, waterfall, @ focus sash. This set works well enough for me.
>>
>>31497065

> Fairy type being worse than Bug type, under similar conditions.

>>31497018

> 4x fighting resist and Intimidate.
> Scald away, Quiver up, fuck stuff up.
> NU/PU this gen.
>>
>>31496915
This is honestly pretty stupid.

Not only did they doom Shiinotic for the sake of a pattern, but the stat boosts should have been given to so many more mons.

> Parasect remains shit
> Most of the buffs were largely inconsequential
> They missed an opportuinty to buff some mons to the point where they actually become good
> Instead, they decide to buff Dugtrio for god fucking knows what reason, giving OU singles more cancerous bullshit to deal with

They're sabotaging singles intentionally at this point.
>>
>>31496926
Delcatty will NEVER EVER be good. Even with that huge buff, she is destined to be a joke Mon and I hate it. I now know how delibird and ledian fans feel like.
>>
>>31497273
That fucking shit move pool screws her over so hard.
>>
>>31496915
I had some success with Parasect last VGC, running Rage Powder/Wide Guard/Spore/X (either Protect, X-Scissor or some random move to test) it actually worked respectably well in the format with Sash. Once you realise that it would die to an ember anyway, you realise just how good Dry Skin is as an ability, especially in Primal weather wars.
>>
>>31497040
Agree with Azumarill but the other 2 could get +10-20 in an useless stat and be as good as they are right now.
>>
>>31497273
All delcatty would need is to be normal/ghost, get skill swap and entrainment and good set up moves like nasty plot and hone claws.

It'd see usage by sheer merit of being a ghost with entrainment + normalize.
>>
>>31496949
Qwilfish is actually nice for rain teams with the Fighting Z-Crystal.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.