[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unova and Kalos switch starters. Unovabortions now have Smogonfrog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Gen 5 Greninja.gif (83KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5 Greninja.gif
83KB, 125x125px
Unova and Kalos switch starters. Unovabortions now have Smogonfrog as their patron saint, and its inclusion in Smash gives more live and longevity to Gen V. What happens?
>>
>let's take the best games and put the worst starters in them
Ew
>>
>>31487917
But that's how things already are, so switching the starters around addresses one of the most alienating flaws of Gen V
>>
If Greninja was Gen V, he wouldn't have gotten into Smash.

>>31487917
XY aren't the best games though. It does have the best starters, though.
>>
>>31487998
If he was popular enough then he might have gotten in. Zoroark's lack of popularity is probably the reason that it didn't get in.
>>
>>31488021
Originally before Greninja was chosen the prerequisite for the single new Pokemon rep was "debuted with Pokemon XY", so he wouldn't have gotten in, just like there are no Gen III Pokemon.
>>
>>31487942
>Serperior
One of the best
>Samurott
Only hated because it makes little sense coming off Dewott, still somewhat well liked
>Emboar
Only hated because it was the third fire/fighting starter in a row

meanwhile
>Chesnaut
Bad design that no chespin fan would want
>Delphox
"Robe" looks too stiff, and akin to Samurott and Chesnaut the evolution makes no sense from Fennekin
>Greninja
Tongue scarf is dumb in concept and again comes out of nowhere, only got popular due to Smash, Metagame, and Ashnime

>>31487998
Definitely wasn't implying XY were the best games, or even good ones for that matter
>>
>>31488056
GF knew how big Greninja was going to be before hand. They requested it was in smash before XY starters were released. Same reason Ash got it in the anime

Ash-Greninja was a result of its popularity
>>
>>31488056
>Serperior
Only got popular retroactively because of Contrary. Before then it was mocked as one of the weakest and most disappointing starters in the series.
>Samurott
Completely overshadowed by Greninja
>Emboar
Hated for being weak, ugly AND the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row. Notice how people loved Infernape because it was actually strong and well-designed.
>All three starters
Before Contrary Serperior came along, all three were dismissed for their lackluster stats and boring/recycled typings

>Chesnaught
Meh, but at least it has a rare typing and a unique design
>Delphox
See Chesnaught, but Braixen got surprisingly popular
>Greninja
One of Pokémon's biggest breakout characters in years, it was beloved even before Smash partly for its HA
>>
>>31487893
>Unova and Kalos switch starters.
Why? Kalos was a joke compared to Unova so it makes scene that the quality of the starters were the complete opposite. Unova had the largest pokemon roster so why is the region having underwhelming starters even matter when Unova actually provided lots of alternatives whereas Kalos was immensely barebones they needed QUALITY/more polished starters to compensate?
>>
>>31488310
But Kalos had the Kanto starters to fill that niche as well. Having TWO sets of good starters felt redundant.
>>
Unova and Kalos switch Scrafgy and Heliolisk

What happens?
>>
>>31488310
Because Unova's dex is the worst in the series. Anyone with an IQ above 60 acknowledges this fact.
>>
>>31490680
>Because Unova's dex is the worst in the series.
I dunno, D/P Sinnoh is HUGE contender for that title. Maybe Johto too if you are looking for some non-Gen 1 pokemon.
>>
>>31488087
No they didn't. Sakurai saw the design and asked Masuda/Iwata/Satoshi if he could put it in smash 4
>>
Gen VI has the best starters imo. While I really like Snivy, I wouldn't mind in the slightest to switch the starters.

Now all they need to do is remove the "low health" music and put in the Gen VI beep, remove the Muskedeers and put them in Kalos, and make the Genies' Therian Forms the standard, make some Unovan forms in BW2, and Gen V would be the best gen possible, imo. Obviously there would be just a couple more problems, but it would be much less controversial and overall even more solid than it already is.
>>
>>31490680
Now, now. Let's not pretend it's somehow worse than Johto's.
>>
>>31490680
>>31490855
Either way, all three regions have more Pokemon available than Alola.
>>
File: greninja considering suicide.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
greninja considering suicide.png
307KB, 815x608px
>>31487998
>It does have the best starters, though.
no

greninja is good, but he can't carry the gen for those other two fuckups
>>
>>31490680
>ignoring Johto
>ignoring the incredibly small dexes of Alola and Kalos
Compared to them, BW's dex of 156 new mons was amazing. People were just butthurt they couldn't use old Pokemon till they beat the game.
>>
>>31491135
>Alola has a ghost E4 member
>feels like two times in a row because ORAS was the last release
>Looking through Dark/Normal types to sweep acerola easily
>Snorlax is the only one that can out-slow Palossand, and doesnt get payback.
>Sharpedo doesn't outspeed Froslass without spending 5 hours getting a speed boost one and has paper defenses
>Pangoro too fast for payback, and too slow to sweep with crunch without taking hits
>Best Dark type for the job is Z-Sandstorm (to outspeed Froslass) Moxie Krookodile assuming you don't want to use items like X-speed.

Alola is full of shit options for sweeping the E4. Jolteon can barely sweep Kahili, Raichu too weak, Magnezone too slow and gets wrecked by bone rush without Shuca berry.
>>
File: chestnutsinburr-copy.jpg (32KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
chestnutsinburr-copy.jpg
32KB, 275x300px
>>31491172
why do people hate on Chesnaught so much? Design-wise he is fine. The only flaw is that his shiny form isn't swapped with his original form, as the shiny form makes him look exactly like pic related
>>
File: 1479004961879.jpg (85KB, 1134x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1479004961879.jpg
85KB, 1134x1252px
>>31491278
On paper, 156 new monster sounds amazing, but they still followed the typical generation template of "this one is the two stage normal type rodent from the first route" or "this one is the dragon type pseudo" etc. 90% of the mons from gen v are hated or forgotten by the majority of people because there were more of them, sure, but there was nothing new about them.
>>
>>31491405
this.

>Liking Conk better than Machamp
>Liking the starters at all
>Liking Watchog
>Liking Stoutland
>Gigalith equally as bad as Golem
>Liking Excadrill
>Liking Seismitoad better than Swampert or Quagsire, or Gastrodon.
>Liking Sawk/Throh better than Hitmons

Gen 5 has some of my favorite designs (Braviary, Reuniclus, Galvantula, Sawsbuck etc) but any mon that isn't absolutely amazing is a pile of steaming shit.
>>
>>31491328
>Magnezone
>Shit option
I don't know what you did, but I used an underleveled team of Alolamons + Magneton_ and the elite four was still easy.
>>
>>31491604
I could beat it, but on my next playthrough I want to easily seep everything. So researching what is the best answer to the hardest trainers.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.