[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The meta was ruined when they introduced ice, electric and fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

The meta was ruined when they introduced ice, electric and fire pokemon with higher special stats than these dudes.

You know who you are
>>
But they're shit and power creep is real
>>
Articuno: Eclipsed in Gen 2 by Jynx and the Spec split, when it got 95 SpA and Jynx got 115.

Zapdos: Eclipsed in Gen 4 by Magnezone (130), though Magneton was close even back in Gen 1 & 2.

Moltres: Eclipsed in Gen 4 as well, by Heatran (130).
>>
>>31486282

Zapdos is still very good

Moltress would be OU with Drought

Articuno.... he would need a very tailor made ability to be made good.
>>
>>31486467
Gen 4 ruined the meta.
>>
>>31486469
Articuno could be good with Auto-Defog upon entry

but knowing GF, if they made that it would activate after stealth rock damage
>>
>>31487654

I always thought of something like

If Articuno is is hit with a fire type attack he gets not damage and it starts raining.

If Articuno is hit with a water type attackets no damage and hail starts.

the idea is the atmosphere surrounding him is so frozen that fire melts it turning it into rain, and water type attacks get turn into ice/hail
>>
>>31486231
Everything over 600 BST like Pseudo-Legendaries, Mewtwo, Cover Legendaries, and Mythical Legendaries (all this things existed since Red and Green so you're basically saying that the meta was ruined since the beginning)
>>
>>31486469
Sheer Force to make those Ice Beams and Air Slash stronger.
>>
>>31487787

they created too many legendaries
they should have kept it at a 570 bst trio
one 600 bst legendary with 100 in all stats
and only one overpowered one like Mewtwo per game.
>>
File: MISTAKE.jpg (33KB, 300x234px) Image search: [Google]
MISTAKE.jpg
33KB, 300x234px
>>31486231
The meta was ruined when they crossed the line of 135 base Attack or Sp. Attack.
>>
>>31487842
Articuno would be decent if it got Calm Mind. Aurora Veil+Roost recovery would make it a bitch to kill.
>>
>>31486467
I never understood why they didn't get weather abilities.
I mean, it would have made sense to retrofit them as weather setters thematically.
>>
>>31487738

That would be horribly overpowered.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.