[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Smoochum has Hydration (Moist Body in jap) as its HA >its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 124.png (242KB, 831x431px) Image search: [Google]
124.png
242KB, 831x431px
>Smoochum has Hydration (Moist Body in jap) as its HA
>its older form Jynx has Dry Skin as its HA
What did Gamefreak mean by this?
>>
>>31484517
Bitch is thirsty, get her a glass of water Anon.
>>
>>31484517
What even is Jynx?

You never see this pokemon mentioned ever. Not even genwunners know it.
>>
cold environments chap your skin, like, a lot
>>
Since it's based on ganguro i'm guessing it's a reference to their caked-on make-up.
>>
>>31484540
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama-uba
>>
>>31484540
Its a black woman
Jynx "Human Shape Pokémon"
>>
File: 1270381531940922.png (184KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1270381531940922.png
184KB, 480x640px
>>
>white baby with flushed face evolves into nigger
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>31484625
If it's meant to be a blackster, explain the blonde hair
>>
File: pokemon-go.jpg (68KB, 924x530px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-go.jpg
68KB, 924x530px
>>31484884
>>
>>31484540
You never see it mentioned because it's controversial, like Porygon and Kadabra.
Jynx's design obviously uses blackface, which is considered racist in most western societies. Japs use the blackface design a lot non-maliciously because they think it looks funny.
>>
>>31484932
used*
>>
>>31484903
Either way, blond hair is not, and has not ever been associated with black people
You could argue that it's inspired by a specific person (like your pic), but i can't think of any famous black with blonde hair back in the early 90s
>>
>>31484932
Why are Porygon and Kadabra controversial ?
>>
>>31484957
>Porygon
The anime episode that killed those kids

>Kadabra
Uri Geller has an ongoing lawsuit against Nintendo for the use of his likeness.
>>
>>31484957
An early episode of the anime featured porygon, one scene was 30~ seconds of rapidly flashing lights and 800~ kids got seizures. Since then none of the porygon family has ever appeared in the anime (except for minor appearances).

Uri Geller sued gamefreak or something because kadabra bending spoons was making fun of him, also the star on its head is supposedly a satanic symbol so GF were allegedly calling Geller a satanist.
>>
>>31484983
>>31484986
Oh yeah I remember the story about the seizure, sort of dumb that they banned Porygon from the anime forever when it's really the fault of the animators of this one episode for using those flashing colors.
>>
>>31485005
Even then, it was Pikachu's thunderbolt that caused the flashing.
>>
>>31484986
Kadabra's japanese name Yungerer is also based off Uri Geller (with リ ri replaced by the visually similar ン n)
>>
>>31485023
Uriel was right, fuck gf
>>
>>31484983
Is the lawsuit really still going on?
>>
>>31485116
It was never settled I think. That's why Kadabra isn't allowed to appear in he anime, tgc or any merch.
>>
>>31484957

Imagine being this underage
>>
>>31484517
People with bad cases of dandruff tend to have it worse in the winter, and being an Ice type it must be hell for Jynx.
>>
>>31485133
I've been watching the pokemon anime since it started, sorry if I didn't pay attention to controversial bullshit when I was a kid ?
>>
>>31484947
While Jynx's face is obviously based on blackface, the combination of blonde hair+blackface was probably a parody/reference to ganguro, an alternate fashion trend in Japan that peaked during the 90s-2000s. The word itself can also directly translate to "black face"
>>
Smoochum is so adorable its a shame what she evolves into.
>>
>>31485130
>abra evolves into alakazam in TCG
>>
File: AlakazamMysteriousTreasures2.jpg (41KB, 386x525px) Image search: [Google]
AlakazamMysteriousTreasures2.jpg
41KB, 386x525px
>>31485212
Interestingly, Alakazam has gotten Basic iterations after Mysterious Treasures, which also happened to be the last appearance of Kadabra on a card.
>>
>>31485256
>It's been almost 10 years since we got an Abra card
>>
>>31485167
>Jynx's face is obviously based on blackface
>obviously
similarity does not mean that it's "obvious"
Could be that it's directly based on Ganguro, or maybe something else, like frostbite

To me, the only things implying racism is the black skin, and the puffed lips, which, to be honest, is not very much
>>
Older women often overdose on skin creams and stuff leaving their skin dry and dependent.
>>
File: latest.jpg (95KB, 624x480px)
latest.jpg
95KB, 624x480px
>>31485343
Please, don't act stupid and say that Jynx/Mr. Popo/etc are anything other than a Japanese interpretation of blackface, which also appeared in old western cartoons as well.
And as previously mentioned, it wasn't done to be racist, Japan just found it silly looking, and didn't have a history of black slavery and oppression, or much blacks to offend.
>>
>>31485151
at least Porygon you should be aware
>>
>>31485471
>you should be aware of a anime tv episode that was never even released outside of japan land
>>
>>31485471
As I said I was aware of the seizure incident but I didn't that it caused Porygon to get banned from the anime
>>
>>31485482
Everybody talked about this. Maybe your parents, your friends' parents never talked about that seizure incident involving Pokemon in Japan?
>>31485483
This makes sense.
>>
>>31485507
>Maybe your parents, your friends' parents never talked about that seizure incident involving Pokemon in Japan?

I never heard about it as a kid, only found out about it when I got back into Pokémon in 2012.
I did know about the Simpsons reference to the seizures, but I didn't know it was a reference to Pokémon. I figured it was a joke about mecha series or something.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.