[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could somebody in all honesty explain me why 4th gen is thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1483595372328.png (963KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
1483595372328.png
963KB, 800x563px
Could somebody in all honesty explain me why 4th gen is thought of as a bad generation? It's definitely my favourite gen of Pokemon games
>>
>>31483434
>m-muh HMs
>>
>>31483434
>no Fire types
>shitty cross gen evo and legendary designs
>slower than a Magcargo covered in molasses
>Lucario
>shitty evil team
>shitty rival (although every rival past Silver is bad anyways)
>convoluted region with too many HMs
>inferior contests
>The Underground is inferior to secret bases
>inferior Battle Frontier
>introduced Cynthia and Looker, two characters that GameFreak can't stop whoring into every game now
Other than that, nothing bad at all.
>>
>>31483434
DiaPer. Platinum and HG/SS were god-tier.
>>
>>31483465
This, in high school I really didn't see much fault in pearl version, but after playing Plat I won't even touch DP ever again
>>
>>31483434
Sparcity of typings

Drawn out and boring

Lame team rationale
>>
>>31483434
>Daily reminder that people whose first gen was Sinnoh are now old enough to shitpost
>>
>>31483436
How is that a bad thing
>>
>>31483458
Most of the crossgen evos were good.
It's just that fucking Magmortar, Electivire, and Licklicki exist at all.
Also, underground was great fuck off, and as you said 'shitty rival' isn't a problem with 4th gen but a problem that started with 3rd
Rest is fair and I can't honestly defend, and 4th is my favorite gen. Though I never played Emerald personally so I'm just taking everyone's word that its Battle Frontier was best.
>>
Just a reminder that those 22 crossgen evos people love so much were walled off til postgame. Enjoy using your "bro" ingame!!
>>
>>31483434
>ruined the BF and removed the unique facilities for useless gimmicks
>removed the most important contest mechanics for dress up and dancing
>the underground is a nightmare of RNG and input lag which is terrible for an area with a capture the flag minigame
>>bases are stuck in the underground so no battles or mini gyms
>>>bases also had the same layout no matter where you made it
>dropped to 30fps
>region was extremely cluttered yet had nothing of worth in it
>story was a rehash of gen 3
>Poor regional dex even in Platinum
>>you couldn't access the Post game until you saw every Pokemon meaning if you missed one trainer you would be scouring the region for that one trainer or wasting time trying to catch it yourself especially if it's something like burmy
>>>In DP most cross gen evos were locked until the post game and Gligar wasn't available at all unless you had emerald in the bottom slot
>extreme over use of HMs for basic exploration
>constant backtracking of the cluttered region
>Poketch was near useless
>Pokegods

There's more but I forgot I had Kamen Rider Ex-aid ready to go.
>>
>>31485494
Magmortar needed LG and Electivire needed FR, too
>>
>>31485494
>>31485515
Tangrowth wasn't there at all
>>
>>31483434
I believe you're thinking about gen 5 anon
>>
>>31485580
No, he had it right. Gen 4 is often called the worst gen.
HGSS withstanding.
>>
>>31483434
D/P are abysmal liquid dogshit but platinum is a great game

Gee Gamefreak maybe your games are better when there's more to do
>>
>>31485617
What did Plat even have over DP in worthwhile content anyway?
I'm pretty sure it was just the BF.
>>
>>31483458
>no Fire types
You got me there.
>shitty cross gen evo and legendary designs
The legendaries in G4 were awesome. Dialga is one of my favourite legendary designs, followed by Giratina. The crossgens are mostly meh, but I love Togekiss.
>slower than a Magcargo covered in molasses
Slow is good, the new games are over in a day.
>Lucario
M-muh popular with furries! There's nothing wrong with Lucario.
>shitty evil team
I liked all the bosses, the grunts looked retarded though.
>shitty rival (although every rival past Silver is bad anyways)
Shut your whore mouth, Barry is cute.
>convoluted region with too many HMs
So, what you're saying is you don't want a challenge?
>inferior contests
Shut your whore mouth, the contests were cute.
>The Underground is inferior to secret bases
Incorrect in every way. The underground was awesome and got you tons of free shit.
>inferior Battle Frontier
Never bothered much with G4 frontier so you're probably right.
>introduced Cynthia and Looker, two characters that GameFreak can't stop whoring into every game now
Cynthia is the hottest character in pokémon. If you complain about her being in a game you must be gay. I don't cars about Looker as it's always postgame anyway.
>>
>>31484621
It wouldn't be too much of a bad thing if you didn't need at least 3 wasted moveslots for exploring anywhere you wanted to go
>>
>>31485644
For one it let you get those cross gen evos in game.

That's all I know.

God, fuck gen 4
>>
File: 1484956287565.png (475KB, 893x732px) Image search: [Google]
1484956287565.png
475KB, 893x732px
>>31485659
>slow is good
>>
>>31485644
Speed
>>
>>31485686
That's not even true because it was still slow as shit.
>>
>>31485659
>Slow is good, the new games are over in a day
DPPt would be over in a day at if they were at an acceptable speed you know. That's how scarce of content they were.
>>
Form your own opinion.

Try not to care what this board things. Literally the majority of people here are underaged.
>>
>>31485659
>Slow is good, the new games are over in a day.
>So, what you're saying is you don't want a challenge?
Holy fuck, i bet if you could you would change your comfy shoes for some flip flops made of legos and then fill your backpack with bricks and bags full of sand
>>
>>31485771
He'd have to escape from what this fanbase thinks. You do realise that, no?
Gen 4 being terrible is hardly an "opinion" exclusive to 4chan especially when the only good thing people seem to recognize about it is a remake of the 2nd.
>>
no gen is bad and we're all different and have different tastes but most ppl the one gen they start in tends to be their favorite (gen1) and most start as kids and most also go thru a phase in growing up where you ain't into pkmn for awhile (gen 5 for me nd guess wht its my least favorite) but none really sux yea some hardcore fans will make huge lists of reasons but come on none actually suck
>>
>>31485905
No, I just like my video games to take time. That way I can play them for longer.
>>
>>31486016
>no gen is bad
You know this isn't true right?
It extends to video games as a whole as there are certain things you shouldn't do when it comes to the genres. For example one wouldn't make a platformer with no platforming right?

It just so happens that Gen 4 makes a large amount of mistakes for the RPG genre which affected the game negatively.
>>
>>31486062
Sounds like a poor man's justification as in you might not be able to afford many games.

In any case, that's no excuse for a game to be unbearably slow as the player themselves can choose whether or not to take their time rather than having it forced upon them. Not to mention it doesn't actually add anything to the game except sheer boredom.
>>
>>31486062
Yeah, but one thing is taking your time and enjoying the game at your own pace, and another whole thing is being forced to go slowly because fuck you.
>>
>>31486062
i only meant pkmn but i get wht u mean and yes they have faults every single game has faults but to me none are tht bad to make any pkmn gen bad. i had fun since gen 1 and played all gens but its just my opinion if u don't share its all good :)
>>
>>31486077
Because I can go for and finish a mile run before my machamps dynamic punch finishes OHKOing the enemy blissey
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.