[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm genuinely curious, why do you think that incineroar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3301.png (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3301.png
109KB, 500x500px
I'm genuinely curious, why do you think that incineroar (with intimidate) is better than Arcanine in double.
Arcanine has a higher usable special attack for moves like heat wave, snarl and its new toy burn up, it has higher speed and can pull a fast will-o-wisp, a reliable recovery, and better coverage with close combat and extreme speed.
So why do you think incineroar is gonna be Better? Does the extra bulk really make that much of a difference?
>>
>>31481800
It's more the fact that Incineroar gets fake out in addition to intimidate makes it good in doubles.
>>
File: stats.png (42KB, 759x342px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
42KB, 759x342px
>>31481800

Incineroar has Fake Out, U-turn, Dark STAB, slightly higher Attack and bulk, and Prankster immunity.
>>
>>31481867
When you look at it this way, Incineroar is not bad, but is that enough to make it better than Arcanine?
>>
File: 5c7ffae0427c63b91aa841bfd6fec24.png (484KB, 1197x750px) Image search: [Google]
5c7ffae0427c63b91aa841bfd6fec24.png
484KB, 1197x750px
unrelated but does anyone here think typhlosion has a chance at being decent now that he has burn up?
>>
>>31482073
Fake Out is ridiculous in doubles, so much so that people run shit abilities like Inner Focus just to prevent it.

Fake Out+Intimidate is basically free damage+debuffs out the wazoo, especially coming from Incineroar's attack stat.

They both will be the premier Fire types of doubles and VGC this gen, along with Drought Torkoal, of course.

>>31482106
Typhlosion is already decent.
>>
>>31482073
Things have seen a lot of VGC use for much less.
>>
>>31482149
Can't wait to see the fire war this gen between these 2.

Also incineroar gets taunt iirc, which arcanine doesn't.
>>
>>31482186
If there's tutors and he gets SP, he'll be absurd
>>
>>31481800
More like he has two types while Arcanine only has one.
I swear you're the same fag who always brings up "muh Arcanine is better than Incineroar y do u guise not see it D:<"
>>
>>31482417
>2 types
>better than 1
>Ice/Rock
>Ice/Dark
>Fire/Ground
>Fire/Rock
>Good
FUCKING

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>31482442
>Ice/Dark

Weavile is better as Dark/Ice than it would be as pure Dark or pure Ice, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here

>Ice/Rock
>Fire/Ground
>Fire/Rock

These are amazing offensive combinations, but they're stuck on slow Pokemon
>>
Inineroar @ Eject Button
Intimidate
Brave nature
252 atk
252 def
4 hp

>Fake Out
>U Turn
>Flare Blitz
>protect

It's a good support mon.
>>
>>31481800
I'm biased towards Arcanine since he's been one of my favourites for over a decade. Great defensive typing, great supportive movepool with access to recovery, amazing offensive movepool but no boosting moves besides Agility.

Incineroar has the better offensive typing but he doesn't have the utility dark moves to take advantage of it. He would be so much better with Knock Off, Sucker Punch and Pursuit. If he had access to those moves we'd probably be comparing him to Tyranitar instead of Arcanine. Incineroar does however get access to the coveted earthquake as well as 2 boosting moves in SD and NP however he can't Pass those stats to a faster mon.

IMO inciroar's movepool is what's holding it back. This mon has so much potential. The base stats are there, the ability is there, the typing is great however he just doesn't have a lot of tools to take full advantage of those blessings. I'd like to see him with the 3 dark type moves I mentioned before as well as thunderpunch, ice punch and play rough maybe.
>>
>>31482073
It's enough to give it a distinct niche over it. Not necessarily straight up superior, but he'll be around the same tier more or less.
>>
>>31481800
Fake Out and bulk
But it's not a hard and fast Roar being better. Arcanine gets Morning Sun and is faster.
>>
>>31482073
only thing arcanine has over it is speed, few resistances and morning sun
>>
I mean, on paper, HA Incineroar seems like he'd do better, but...there's no getting around that terrible speed, especially with fast as fuck threats like Garchomp everywhere. Even if he has access to U-Turn, Taunt, or even Earthquake, how does he utilize it outside of Trick Room? Fake Out is his one saving grace, but I'm not sure if that's enough to justify using him over Arcanine.

His movepool holds him back immensely. Knock Off would instantly make him a must have, but instead he's relegated with things that don't help him. I mean, you could always go for the surprise Z-Move on him, but there's a massive opportunity cost associated with that on top of his shitty speed.
>>
>>31483933
Incineroar is already sneaking tops on VGC Teams. Intimidate is only going to make it an assload more useable.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.