[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we really *need* Sinnoh remakes? All current 3DS systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

File: nu20.jpg (100KB, 390x490px) Image search: [Google]
nu20.jpg
100KB, 390x490px
Do we really *need* Sinnoh remakes?

All current 3DS systems are backward-compatible with DS games. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (plus HGSS because why not) are still relatively easy to find at used game stores. There is no hardware limitation preventing any newcomer who started with S&M from going back and experiencing gen 4, other than having to jump through gen 5 if they want to transfer to Bank (which could easily be fixed with an update to Transporter).

Secondly, we wouldn't be getting a Platinum remake; we'd be getting Dildo Diamond and Penis Pearl. While ORAS did add some new features to Ruby and Sapphire, they came at the expense of removing the expanded storyline from Emerald. Would it be worth sacrificing the unique elements from Platinum, like the Distortion World, Looker, and the upgraded regional Pokedex?

Finally, Sinnoh itself has aged just fine from a gameplay perspective. Of all the core gameplay mechanics introduced in the games that came after it, only Fairy-types, Mega-Evolutions, and Z-moves are missing.
>>
>>31480065
We don't. It's a shit region anyway so people shouldn't really care to begin with unless they're a Sinnohfetus who started with the games
>>
File: 1476593159509.png (68KB, 630x730px) Image search: [Google]
1476593159509.png
68KB, 630x730px
>>31480065
Holy shit that bulge
>>
>>31480065
Pretty much. I'd rather Game Freak spend the time, money and effort fixing SuMo with a third game/sequel instead of remaking Sinnoh.
>>
>>31480080
/tread
>>
>>31480080
The same goes to Hoenn.
>>
>>31480080
Shit region is Kalos, region which ruined my country's VGC community forever.
>>
>>31480065
Depends. If there's going to be an official tournament where you can use any Pokémon as long as it's gen VII-born, there's a 'need' because of the legendaries.
>>
>>31480065
>Would it be worth sacrificing the unique elements from Platinum, like the Distortion World, Looker, and the upgraded regional Pokedex?
Not Looker. GF loves to suck Looker's dick. They will manage to put him somehow.
>>
>>31480096
>>
>>31480187
>implying you wouldn't love to suck Looker's dick
>>
>>31480065
mostly correct but it's Double Diamond and Penetration Pearl
>>
>>31480065
But let me ask you this.
Does Nintendo really *want* more money?
>>
>>31480065
No.

We need a proper 20th Anniversary title.
>>
>>31480065
Why she has a bulge?
>>
>>31480080
>don't remake x because muh opinion
fuck off
>>
>>31480460
>remake x because muh opinion
fuck off
>>
>>31480449
>>31480310
>>
>>31480065
Not to mention that we just got Ruby and Sapphire remakes 2 years ago...

I think the DP remakes are going to happen, but it can wake a few years
>>
>>31480065
Why don't people understand that I just want to see Sinnoh with the new graphics? Is that so wrong?
>>
Why the fuck do you people want sequels anyway? It's bad enough that they already try and flog two versions of the same game and then later another version which is pretty the same with only some very minor changes. The remakes barely change anything substantial as well
Its insane that there are actually autists out there that willingly paid over £€$¥100 for 5 copies of the same fucking game. Why would you let Nintendo get away with this?
>>
Diamond was my first pokemon game, i just want a remake to satisfy nostalgia and see some moments i adored with better graphics
>>
>>31480065
I want to say no we don't and that gen 4 is shit, but I'll hold off on that.

Why isn't gen 4 shit? Convince me it's not.
>>
>>31480065
No, but GF is going to make it anyway. I just hope it's not worse than ORAS.

It's going to be worse than ORAS isn't it?
>>
>>31480597
They're probably going to an alternate path, like, in Gen 3 we got Gen 1 and in Gen 4 we got 2. We skipped Gen V and in Gen 6 we got Gen 3. We will probably get Gen 4 in Gen 8.
>>
>>31480488
remakes are not a matter of opinion, they are obligatory in the sense that every other gen has them.
why should gamefreak feel obligated to halt gen 4 remakes because you didn't like the original version?
>>
>>31480065
I think the better question is gonna be "Do we need a DP remake now?"
Also the argument about DR backwards compatibility is invalid as FR and LG was made when the GBA was still backward compatible with the Gameboy.
>>
File: 1483931446918.png (149KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1483931446918.png
149KB, 500x372px
>m-muh slow health depletion
>m-muh rare fire types
These are pretty much the only arguments I hear when someone says gen 4 is shit.
>m-muh-
No, your personal opinion on the designs doesn't make it a shitty region. Shut up.
>>
>>31481995

FRLG were made because Gen 3 wasn't compatible with the Gameboy link cable. You couldn't transfer your old mons from Gens 1 and 2.
>>
>sinnohbabbies desperately try to defend one of the worst gens

Tapu keko
I bet you thought Gen 6 was good too.
>>
>>31482209
I don't see you pointing out reasons why it's bad, piss bucket
>>
>>31480065
If DP remakes mean more Cynthia fanart I'm in.
>>
>>31480431
BW2 came too early.
>>
>>31480763
Because Pokemon is the only franchise that can be excused of it. Any other that does it is called out on it.
>>
File: 1480909285447.png (224KB, 470x448px) Image search: [Google]
1480909285447.png
224KB, 470x448px
>>31480065
>Do we really *need* Sinnoh remakes?
Yes so I can finally be done with pokemon
>>
File: heheh.png (25KB, 609x188px) Image search: [Google]
heheh.png
25KB, 609x188px
>>31482209
Gen 6 was shite though. Did anyone like Kalos? Shit had me falling asleep. Such a boring ass place.
>>
>>31480065
you're right, but remakes are still easy money and you know we'd all buy it.
Or do you prefer to wait 2019 for the next gen?
What do you think they'll release in the meanwhile? come on
>>
File: 1465938343986.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465938343986.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
I would sooner expect them to do an Alola sequel or Kanto revisit.
>>
>>31480065
>Do we really *need* Sinnoh remakes?
We didn't need a Hoenn but it gone done anyway. That should tell everything you need to know
>>
It will happen, but not in Gen 7, for the reasons you mentioned. I think that's pretty obvious, and denying that will only make you look stupid.
>>
>>31482167
>Lets put contrasting colors on everything
>Lets remove all challenge by making the psuedo legendary available before the league
>Lets aggressively alienate all children who arent weebs by dropping the original voice cast
>Lets make the starter type matchups reverse for no fucking reason.
>Lets break the tradition of starters evolving into large, grand and weighty creatures with a fucking monkey and call it an ape.
>Lets add unnecessary 3D breaking the childlike wonder and sense of adventure you got from interpreting the sprites on your own
>Female champ with pretentious wolfaboo music for people who read warriors or some wolf shit
>Break the tradition of fossils not being dinosaurs and dinosaur pokemon being found in the wild
>A shit ton of stupid edgy final fantasy super omega god legendary pokemon
>Stupid kingdom hearts plot about churches and universes and shit
>The villain's birth names are fucking planets
>Rehash the battle frontier from emerald
>The only region with no real identity, everything about it is Hoenn without the tropical nature.
>Randomass gendered legendaries for autists to argue about
>Online functionality but setting the precedent of no true multiplayer
>>
>>31484301
>>
File: Poke.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
Poke.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>31484301
>>
>>31484301
>Lets put contrasting colors on everything
Happens in all gen
>Lets remove all challenge by making the psuedo legendary available before the league
Happens in all gens
>Lets make the starter type matchups reverse for no fucking reason.
Now that's just straining to come up with complaints
>Lets break the tradition of starters evolving into large, grand and weighty creatures with a fucking monkey and call it an ape.
Yes Blaziken and Sceptile and large and weight
>Lets add unnecessary 3D breaking the childlike wonder and sense of adventure you got from interpreting the sprites on your own
autism
>Break the tradition of fossils not being dinosaurs and dinosaur pokemon being found in the wild
The pattern is "pre-historic animals". Also Aerodactyl
>Female champ with pretentious wolfaboo music for people who read warriors or some wolf shit
>A shit ton of stupid edgy final fantasy super omega god legendary pokemon
less buzzwords please
>Stupid kingdom hearts plot about churches and universes and shit
It's like the Gen 3, except better
>The villain's birth names are fucking planets
autism
>Rehash the battle frontier from emerald
donaldtrumpwrong.gif
>The only region with no real identity, everything about it is Hoenn without the tropical nature.
Cold montaneous region. Were you dropped on your head? Also Alola does the tropical thing better
>Randomass gendered legendaries for autists to argue about
autism
>Online functionality but setting the precedent of no true multiplayer
autism
autism
>>
>>31481815
Because the only reason to remake something is to update it, and Gen 4 isn't in any dire need of an update like Gen 3 was.
>>
>>31484422
>except better
Anything on par with KH's plot is instantly trash tier. There's a reason why people say that gen 4 jumped the shark.
>>
>>31484427
>no fairy-type
>no megas
>no z-moves
>missing abilities, battles styles, moves and +300 pokémon

>not in need of an update
>>
>>31480150
And Jotho. And Kanto.
>>
>>31484433
People who say that are hoennbabies upset Gen 4 outsold Gen 3 and brought people back after the failure that was Gen 3 though
>>
>>31484422
Aerodactyl is a pterosaur friend
>>
>>31481815
>they are obligatory in the sense that every other gen has them.
Just so you know aside from FRLG the remakes were made due to a demand for them.
Gen 4 currently has no demand for a remake.
>>
File: tumblr_nzvxcwsWnZ1qzqk8do1_540.png (125KB, 533x533px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzvxcwsWnZ1qzqk8do1_540.png
125KB, 533x533px
>>31480065
Not needed but they know it'll give them money if they make it.
>>
>>31484453
tons of people said they want a Gen 4 and in an interview Masuda itself stated they were still interested in doing remakes

It will happen
>>
>>31484445
And then subsequently killed the revived interest 3 brought. Why do you think no one cares for gen 4.

Also when you take creatures that were originally analogues for animals into true god areas then you have officially jumped the shark.
>>
>>31484445
>Gen 4 outsold Gen 3 and brought people back

>sold one mil more on a far more pocular system
>recieved so many complaints GF had to go into full damage control
Kek
>>
>>31484470
Nope, gen 3 killed the hype Gen 1 and 2 going on. Gen 4 brought people back, but never managed to recover the mess Gen 3 made
>>
>>31480065
Short answer, no.
On top of not being in dire need of an update mechanically it can easily be put on virtual console and connected to bank.
>>
>>31480080
This. Couldn't say it better myself.
>>
>>31480065
If it's possible, I say just put the old games on the eShop and allow transferring to Pokémon Bank.
>>
>>31484485
Objectively false by the numbers.
>>
>>31484485
Just so you know pokemania died mid gen 2 then Gen 3 revived some interest after pokemania died.

Gen 4 brought it right back down again both because it didn't utilize the extra power of the DS and slowed things down but GF had a collective bout of mental retardation and made everything from the designs of pokemon to the layout of the region extremely convoluted which is what this anon is referring to when mentioning complaints >>31484483
It's also worth noting that the terrible cross gens are the direct cause of eviolite and megas.
>>
>>31480080
here's a (You)
>>
>>31484530
Triggered sinnohfag alert
>>
>>31484541
here's another for (You)
>>
>>31480065

Sinnoh will probably get remakes on the next Nintendo handheld (or the Switch?)
>>
>>31484470
gen3 really hurt pokemon. they lost the gen1 and gen2 audience with gen3, it had already been like a decade at that point, people were growing out of pokemon, and when they learned they couldnt transfer from johto to hoenn they just quit.

I'm just going to hazard a guess that you're about 20-24? That's about the age range for people that started with gen3. People from gen1 are coming into their 30s.
>>31484525
It sold terribly for the time compared to other pokemon games. You cant even use the "waning popularity" argument for gen3 because gen4 sold significantly better.
>>
>>31484557
That's a stupid reason.
We got Kanto and Johto remakes because we NEEDED them. The tech wasn't there to transfer the mons forward, and Johto cartridges literally didn't even work anymore because of poor (or ambitious) design.

You can trade forward Sinnoh mons and their carts work fine. We don't need Sinnoh remake. At the very most a port would work, but even that just seems like a waste of time.
>>
>>31484573

But if you wanted to actually *play* the Sinnoh games, you'd have to keep an outdated 3DS.

How many people carry around their old Game Boy Whatever just to play Kanto?
>>
>>31484619
Kanto is on the eshop now iirc.
>>
>Unovabortions shitting on the most popular gen, the thread
>>
>>31484619
DS virtual console is a thing anon.
>>
>>31484796
sinnoh was definitely not the most popular gen lel
>>
>>31484881
It was the least popular if anything
>>
Gen 4 is 11 years old, crazy I know, it needs a remake.
>>
it's easy to develop and rakes in cash so yes "we" need it
>>
>>31484881
>more popular than gen 3 and gen 5
>not one of the most popular
>>
>>31485001
>sales mean it's popular
You do realise Sinnoh is the most hated gen right?
>>
>>31485059
Where? Here? Someone put up that strawpoll where gen 4 is actually the most loved gen and gen 5 is the least liked. And in the normal pokemon fanbase, gen 5 is still the most hated gen.
>>
>>31485081
Here being the key word.
Also hgss is the only reason went people voted for 4.
>>
>>31485001
lol
you're looking at sales of gen4 and gen3
thats wrong. you need to look at the next game's sales. sales spiked after gen3 so gen4 profited from it, and crashed on 5. reception to the previous game has the most impact on the next game's sales.
>>
>>31484573
So much wrong in one post, jesus fuck.

>We got Kanto and Johto remakes because we NEEDED them.

No, we got them because those were the height of Pokemon's popularity and were an easy cash-in. Leaving Kanto and Johto pokemon out of R/S/E was planned during development. They did not make the game and realize "oh shit, we forgot to make all of these Pokemon available available, what do we do?" and then remake R/B in a spur of the moment thing. It was a calculated move to sell you more games. And guess what? It worked.

>The tech wasn't there to transfer the mons forward, and Johto cartridges literally didn't even work anymore because of poor (or ambitious) design.

The homebrew community has managed to do it pretty easily, so I'm sure Game Freak could have if they really wanted to. The GBA is backwards compatible with GB and GBC titles, so making a transfer program that requires two consoles and a link cable similar to how it works going from DP>BW is more than possible. But again, money.

>You can trade forward Sinnoh mons and their carts work fine.
This won't be true in 2 months, lol.
>>
>>31480080
this
>>
>>31485131
G/S/C sold well and was well received yet R/S/E sold like shit.

Everyone swears Gen 5 is bad and that it's widely disliked, yet the Kalos games sold really fucking well.

Similarly, this board hates X/Y and swears it's a stain on the franchise. Yet Sun/Moon is literally breaking sales records as we speak.

What the fuck are you even arguing? Every piece of empirical data we have proves you wrong.
>>
File: acting damiki.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
acting damiki.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>He doesn't want to see Dialga/Palkia's awakening in full 3D
>>
>>31485161
>G/S/C sold well and was well received yet R/S/E sold like shit.
Did it ever occur to you that GSC was riding on the back of gen 1? That's why pokemania died mid gen and you can see that in your previous data.
>>
>>31485081
>Someone put up that strawpoll where gen 4 is actually the most loved gen and gen 5 is the least liked.
You mean the one where that Sinnohfetus was outed for resetting his IP? Or the one where gen 4 only got high votes because of HGSS and gen 5 was a close second?

As for outside of here, well, Sinnoh is the reason why we don't have cross gens, bases, Contests, the BF and regions that aren't overly linear because they all were recieved poorly by the fanbase in that gen.
>>
>>31484301
No you got it backwards anon the HGSS frontier was a copy paste of Platinum's frontier which was it's own thing
and even then they're both still shitty but at least know your fucking facts before you shitpost
>>
>>31484435
>>no fairy-type
>>no megas
>>no z-moves
>>missing abilities, battles styles, moves and +300 pokémon
Literally all of that applies to all pre-gen 6 games. Including Unova ones. Are they in a dire need of an update too? No, they're not.
>>
>>31485369
>implying BW3 wont be made as well

Its like you guys hate fun or something
>>
>>31485453
Oh, it will be. All games will be remade in due time. We're talking about the very next game/remake.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.