[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theres a difference between Generational pokemon and Regional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: region.png (161KB, 1001x938px) Image search: [Google]
region.png
161KB, 1001x938px
Theres a difference between Generational pokemon and Regional Pokemon. Sounds confusing but listen. Houndoom, for example, is a 2nd generation pokemon, but isnt a Johto native pokemon, its a Kanto pokemon that was discovered during the events of gen 2.

This explains multiple Pokemon not being found in the wild of their respective "regions"

More examples

Farfetch'd - Gen 1 Johto Pokemon
Beldum - Gen 3 Alolan Pokemon
Murkrow - Gen 2 Kanto Pokemon

Does this make sense? Or am I just autistic?
>>
I wish we could get a game with all of the regions in it.
>>
>>31476954
>Orange Islands that far away from Kanto
>>
File: averages.png (70KB, 762x637px) Image search: [Google]
averages.png
70KB, 762x637px
>>31476954
>gen 3 alolan
>that route between kalos and kanto
>routes in orre
>>
>>31476954
This map is fucking retarded
>>
Good to know I am not the only one who thought about this. Though, it is pretty shitty to not get all pokemons from that gen in the game they debut.
>>
>>31476954
Close, but no.

If a pokemon is in a Pokedex, it's recognized as a regional pokemon.

So Yanmega is a regional pokemon of Johto and Sinnoh, and Zubat is native to all regions.

Legendaries are an exception, being placed in Pokedexes where their lore is important to a region in some way

>>31476984
No, you dont.
>>
Whoever made this image is maximum autism.
>>
>>31477060
So if it is regional, how cant it be found in that region? I never really understood that concept.
>>
>>31477024
Pretty sure OPs point is that it isnt a Hoenn Native
>>
>>31477137
It probably can be, and we just never come acros it. I'd assume it's rare but there have been sightings of it.

Or they just found it there historically. Plenty of mons can be "found" in regions but arent in their pokedex
>>
I'm sure theres something in the series to disprove this, but is there any evidence that all 7 regions aren't geographically in the same spots are they are in our world?

So on Pokéarth, every region correlates exactly to where it's real world equivalent is. The only issue I can see with this is scaling, since despite Kalos being PokéFrance (a whole country), it isn't significantly larger in size than the other regions, which are only smaller parts of Japan. Similarly, despite Unova being PokéNYC (a single real world city), it's about as large as other regions.
>>
>>31477060
No. The safari zone is a perfect example of this. You can capture Pokémon that you normally can't in the region because they've been introduced there. Generally, the regional Pokédex includes Pokémon that were discovered in the region AND Pokémon that GF wanted to include in that gen despite them not being native.

Also, Corphish, Yungoos, Alolan Ratata and Meowth, etc. all prove that some in the regional dex aren't native to the region.
>>
>>31477007
>>31477051
>>31477088
Don't take that map seriously.
Pokemon world is just our world. Regions aren't whole countries or anything. Just that; regions.
>>
>>31476954
This map really triggers my autism.

>Sinnoh is the coldest region but it's snowy part is in the tropics and Sinjoh exists

>Orange islands that far from Kanto

>Connecting regions
>>
I've thought the same thing OP
I'm also fascinated by pokemon distribution - i.e pokemon from other regions that make sense as natives. For example, if you made a new region with no new pokemon - what ones would you put in? Which pokemon work well together, what climate the region is, etc.
>>
Eevee is a Gen 1 Kalos Pokemon, Riolu is a Gen 4 Unovan Pokemon.
Lapras is a Gen 1 Johto Pokemon.
>>
>shitty map
>the cold region south of kanto/johto

>>31476984
Not this autistic suggestion again
>>
>>31476984
Have you played a Johto game, anon? And that's just what the level scaling is like with TWO regions, let alone fucking 7.
>>
>>31478456
>implying it would have to be that bad
>>
>>31476954
huh. so then steven stone had been to alola.
>>
>>31476954
i had the exact same thought, but thought it was common understanding.
>>
>>31477418
Your disproved it yourself with the sizes. Also, Kalos and Hoenn are said to he close
>>
>>31477431
The Safari Zone just has rare Pokemon. We have seen them having Pokemon that can also he found outside of it. Like Johto's having Marill that can be found in Mt Mortar. It could just mean the other Pokemon are just that rare
>>
wasn't medicham supposed to actually be from Sinnoh as well
>>
>>31478399
>implying not southern hemisphere
>>
>>31477060
nah

op is right
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.