[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you glad Gamefreak decided to abolish HM slavery? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 0h8uK6j.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0h8uK6j.png
2MB, 1024x768px
Are you glad Gamefreak decided to abolish HM slavery? I've heard there were actually people who don't like that it's gone. I don't understand, give me the cons.
>>
M-MUH I WANT MY "BROS". TO FEEL MORE USEFUL
>>
The only current con is that using Ride Pokémon means having to wear those hideous outfits and listen to that awful ride theme.

10/10 otherwise, though.
>>
>>31476539
I miss my lumineon, it was uncompetitive trash, wrong nature, crap IV'S, crap evs, but goddamn was it amazing. I'm glad they took away HMS though, but they could just like change the fucking music? Having the machamp theme play in the ruins of hope ruins the mood
>>
Pokeride is just a casualized version of HMs.
>>
>>31476512
Yes, good fucking riddance. About time.
>>
HMs were a brilliant idea desu when there was limited bag slots, instead of having to always carry around a 'surfboard' item you have your pokemon do it and it doubles as a move that can be used in battle

pointless now though
>>
Good idea, awful execution.
>>
File: 1484646476249.jpg (8KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1484646476249.jpg
8KB, 227x222px
>>31476512
Immersion. S/M isn't an adventure, it's a fucking fun time island tour. Without HMs you have no connection to your Pokemon outside of battle, you rely on everyone else helping you out; checkpoints, NPC handholding, generic mons working for you, where is the sense of freedom?
Pokemon used to be about you going out on your own and trying to make it in the world. S/M changed all of that. Casualized babby crap for casualized babby kids.
>>
Removal of HMs was a good idea overall but could be executed differently. The main thing I don't like in Poke Ride is that Pokemon magically appear out of nowhere and even aren't mine, maybe with the exception of Charizard in this regard (because of the nature of flying). It would be nice to see some of my own Pokemon doing their job in an overworld. They could be called from a PC and implemented with some limitations that they couldn't be traded while surfing or something like that.
>>
>>31476512
I don't understand why riding needs special music and outfit. I also don't understand why I can't ride my own mons if I have the right kind available.
>>
>>31476512
HM's in the form they took were fucking horrible and I am glad they are gone.

Shame ride pokes are limited and force you to wear awful safety gear.

HM's wouldn't have been bad if they just let multiple regular moves accomplish the same thing. Bush in your way? Why can only cut affect it? Should be able to slash it away, use a firemon to flamethrower it gone etc etc.
>>
>>31476822
Which mons would you want to cradle you in their massive manly arms?
>>
>m-muh immersion it needs to feel like I need to rely on my own pokemon to go on the adventure!

That's literally it. Just immersionfags who have no regard for whether or not it actually makes for good gameplay.
>>
>people miss hm slaves
Why

>people dont like the clothes
Ok thats fine they look bad but i like the girls midrift to much to care.

>casualization
These fucking games have always been trying to appeal to casuals. It's a kids game.
>>
I don't know anyone who misses HMs, but I do know people who also have complaints about the system that took its place.
I think a good middle ground would be the ability to use HMs outside of battle as long as you had the HM, the badge required to use it, and a Pokemon who can learn the HM. For example, you have a Machamp, all the badges, and the HM for strength. Your Machamp wouldn't need to KNOW Strength as a battle move, it can just move boulders outside of battle because of the badge and HM.
To me, that would be best.
>>
>>31476810
In concept art, it's shown that ride Pokemon are stored in special Pokeballs that you carry with you.
>>
>>31476847
Goodra
>>
>>31476901
This. Having options is always nice
>>
>>31476512
My only con is for the immersion aspect. Part of the fun of pokemon was always going on an adventure with just you and your pokemon and getting stronger. I didn't really like the fact that they just hand you the ride pokemon because it kinda took away that feeling of being reliant on just yourself and your pokemon. Ideally I would have liked little minor quests in which you need to go and specifically capture your ride pokemon. Like during your trial with Lana she would first make you go and capture your own Lapras to use as your ride pokemon.
>>
>>31476663
I want to be able to use HMs if I want, so I don't have to look like a faggot wearing knee pads and a helmet to surf
>>
>>31476512
The only cons are the awful safety clothes and that normies can't make "le small bush" jokes anymore.

The only people complaining are because of nostalgia.
>>
>>31476765
>execution
How so?
>>
>>31476512
Its less about missing HMs and more about being unsatisfied with what replaced it.
They could have tried to strike a middle ground and borrowed from the ranger series where HMs are just inherent abilities your pokemon had, but the rental system felt so impersonal.
Also the dorky suit ruined any cool factor about it.

I actually miss ORAS and the soaring on lati@s thing, that felt great and would have been right at home on alola.
>>
>>31476901
That's... a good idea.
>>
>>31476717
But HMs fill slots in your bag too.
>>
>>31476901
I like your idea, anon
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.