[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retarded strategies thread. I'll go first. >run level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: golbat.png (198KB, 966x817px) Image search: [Google]
golbat.png
198KB, 966x817px
Retarded strategies thread. I'll go first.

>run level 1 cottonee with prankster and focus sash
>leech seed on the first turn
>doesn't matter how much damage you take; focus sash lets you stay in
>leech seed fully restores your health from the miniscule amount of max HP you have
>substitute; prankster guarantees it goes first
>leech seed fully restores your health every turn so you can substitude indefinitely
>if opponent uses some shit like stealth rock or toxic spikes you can encore and suck an extra 3 turns out of them
>>
what beats this?
>>
>>31466992
taunt or a dark type because they are immune to prankster
>>
>>31466992
Any good player.
>>
>>31466934
Focus sash disappears after one use.
>>
>>31466992
mental herb pikachu with double slap should do the trick
>>
>>31466992
Being a grass pokemon.
>>
>>31467010
You only need the focus sash to set up the leech seed without dying
>>
>>31466934
Sash breaks after it activates once
>>
>>31467010
Read it again.
>>
>>31466992
Switching, unless you predict the switch and use leech seed in the exact turn.
>>
>>31466992
>Grass types
>Taunt users
>Other pranksters
>Dark types
>Any priority
>Multi-hit moves
>Magic Bounce
>Sound moves
>Hazzards

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>31467053
>sap sipper
>hazards
I think you got it all
>>
>>31466992
Grass types, dark types, liquid ooze, sound-based moves like boomburst, infiltrator, rapid spin, priority moves...
>>
File: 1478084622503m.jpg (111KB, 970x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478084622503m.jpg
111KB, 970x1024px
lightning rod seaking
>>
>>31467092
I hear it's good in doubles rain teams. You draw in opposing electric attacks, get a speed boost from rain and powered up water stab.
>>
I've seen someone use level 2 Probopass as a modified FEAR before and it works surprisingly well.
>>
Adamant nature
Shell bell
Sturdy
Lvl. 1

-Endeavor
-Tackle
-Protect
-Stealth rock

If your opponent is dumb enough to take the bait, he is going to use a damaging move, leaving you with 1 hp thanks to sturdy, proceed to use endeavor and restore your health with the shell bell. Finish the opposite mon with tackle. Protect is used to avoid Fake out. Sneaky pebles is a utility move for the cases when you know this meme strategy is not going to work, like when the opposite pokemon has mold breaker or Aron has been paralyzed.
>>
>>31467108
>draw in opposing electric attacks
>get a speed bost from rain
Pick one
>>
>>31467151
Can aron get a priority move?
>>
File: gourgeist.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gourgeist.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
Gourgeist@Sticky Barb
Ability: Frisk
Trick
Leech Seed
Toxic
Phantom Force

Frisk to find opponent's Leftovers. Trick away Sticky Barb. Stack with Toxic and Leech Seed. Phantom Force to bide time and not be Taunt bait.
>>
>>31466934
>sneaky pebbles
Yeah, no.
>>
>>31467053
Infiltrator with anything.
>>
File: oddish.png (46KB, 1057x458px) Image search: [Google]
oddish.png
46KB, 1057x458px
>>31466934
OP here. One more thing I forgot to add.

>endeavor to fuck them over since lv1 cottonee will have such a miniscule amount of health
>leech seed should finish them off

Also, I'd like to point out that there is an enormous amount of flaws to this strategy, such as other grass types, multi-hit moves, Hyper Voice, and others.
I never said it was a good strategy. Just saying that it can definitely piss people off if you can pull it off.
>>
>>31466934
Lost to a guy with bone rush mandibuzz yesterday. Got 5 hits on my tapu koko. Fucking RIP.
>>
>>31467053
>>31467088
This, plus you could always keep switching out to mons that can recover so you can outstall and set up on the useless lvl 1 thing until it runs out of pp.
This depends on what Cottonee's 4th move is obviously, but I'm assuming it's not some shit like endeavor (which won't get priority either way.)
>>
>>31467770
>opp kills the sub
>cottonee endeavors
>leech seed kills assuming opp was seeded, opp sends another mon
>new mon kills cottonee, possibly after getting seeded
You traded 1 for 1 basically. You can certainly kill 2-3 against stupid opponents but that's true of all FEAR sets

Also no one has mentioned leech seed missing yet.
>>
I must say that FEAR sets are unironically the best wallbreakers though, assuming you can squeeze them through the hazards.
>>
>>31466992

>90 accuracy move
>reliable strategy
>>
Sturdy Level 1 Nosepass with Berry Juice

Toxic
Pain Split
Magic Coat
Stealth Rock

Toxic the opponent, heal back to max hp with Berry Juice, then spam Pain Split to fully recover and steal huge amounts of HP from the other pokemon.
>>
>>31467151
You don't need tackle with Sand set up already
>>
HOGE
>>
>>31471398
>HOGE
i know FEAR, but don't know this. Google doesn't give me anything pokemon related in english. what is it?

>>31467108
>You draw in opposing electric attacks, get a speed boost from rain and powered up water stab.
So, am i just too high, or shouldn't I read this as:
>You die. And if you (somehow(miraculously)) don't die, you get more speed and STAB.
???
how is that good?
>>
>>31467092
I get that reference.
>>
>>31471431
lightning rod give electric immunity
>>
>>31471431
hoge (Swinub) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
Level: 1
- Hail
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Hail raises evasion because of snow cloak and kills off opponent after endeavor.

It's risky because you have to set hail, but if you're lucky with evasion you can get multiple kills.
>>
184 Days In A Tomb (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 256
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defense Curl
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Block

trap opponent using block and pp stall it to death (defense curl has like 64 pp and one rest pp lasts three turns)

Can use other pokemon with block and rest
>>
I made this set because it helps beat stall cancer in UU

Arcanine
Intimidate @ Grassium Z
Brave 252 attack 252 sp. attack

-Solarbeam
-Flare Blitz
-Extreme Speed
-Morning Sun

Arcanine runs into bulky waters a lot and wild charge isn't strong enough. Fuck you alomomola, quagsire, swampert, milotic, m-blastoise, slowbro, seismitoad.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.