[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/ i'm about to play genwun for the first time, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1418918410.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1418918410.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
Hey /vp/ i'm about to play genwun for the first time, what should I expect? Also should I play Yellow or just Red/Blue?
>>
Yellow is literally red/blue but better and improved.
>>
>>31464641
Yellow has better sprites in battle+3 starters

RB is much more exploitable
>>
>>31464641
Look out for Wrap and Bind.
>>
>>31464657
>>31464664
Ok i'm just not really a fan of Pikachu and didn't want to use it until I got the starter I actually wanted. But I guess i'll just pick up Yellow anyways.
>>
>>31464710
you can catch a pidgey and then a nindoran and use them until you get all three starters
>>
I'd say go for blue/red, because Pikachu is a shitmon and I'm fairly sure (not 100%) that you can't box him. Also, aside from what >>31464705
said, don't you ever, EVER use the move Rage. Trust me, don't.
>>
>>31464641
Play red. You can still catch pikachu. Its the authentic experience.
>>
>>31464751
This.

Also if you want to gg that shit:

>do an in-game trade with an npc = roll over the rest of the game with that shit

>catch a diglett and evolve = roll over the rest of the game with that shit

>as soon as you get surf, go back to the power plant and catch zapdos = roll over the rest of the game with that shit
>>
>>31464641
Expect crits.
>>
>>31464751
You can box Pikachu, you just can't evolve him.
>>
>>31464641
Boredom.
>>
itt newfags exposing themselves
>>
>>31465287
I know right. I play gen one so much and am so familiar with it. I am such an oldfag too. Its so funny when people like things after periods of time have passed since i first liked them.

Feels good to be so dominant.
>>
>>31466582
>bumping a thread after 2 hours
>>
>>31464641
Expect a difficult to use item bag and box.
>>
@31466582
What the fuck is this bait.
Did you even try? Not worth the (You.)
>>
>>31466604
BETTER THAN PLAYING A VIDEO GAME 250 YEARS AFTER IT WAS RELEASED AMIRITE

HIGHFIVE NIGGA
>>
>>31464641
Now I kind of want to play gen 1 again. It definitely has a different atmosphere than every other game.
>>
>>31464710
Don't play Yellow. Don't be that guy.
>>
>>31466639
not knowing how to quote
>learn to green text while your at it
>>
>>31465117
Slash is always a crit 100% of the time, for any Pokémon, and so is razor leaf.
>>
>>31466693
>don't be that guy
>proceeds to be THAT guy
>>
>>31466712
Have fun being """"""""""Ash""""""""""
>>
>>31466846
>not boxing your shitmouse right away
>not enjoying crisp, well drawn mon sprites
No one is forcing you to play Ash, son.
>>
>>31466698
He was saying he wasn't giving him the (You.)

Fuck I just gave you one
>>
>>31464710
Don't. Yellow is just Red/Blue with some anime stuff tacked onto it.
>>
>>31464641
Yellow is the third version. Gym Leaders have different teams and movesets, you have more Pokemon available, a couple of new characters. It's literally better in every possible way. Pikachu is shit, but you can catch a Nidoran, Pidgey or Mankey by the time you get Poke Balls.

Aside from the tips already given to you, don't ever teach useless HMs to any of your main Pokemon. There is no Move Deleter int his game.
>>
>>31466709
Nope. I've seen the Machop line not get crits with Karate Chop frequently and I definitely remember seeing Venusaur not crit with Razor Leaf a few times even if it was rare.
>>
>>31464641
Gen I AI is pants-on-head retarded so I suggest putting limitations on yourself if you want any challenge.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.