[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's an 'Ash forgot everything he has learned during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: ps-1.png (125KB, 580x241px) Image search: [Google]
ps-1.png
125KB, 580x241px
>It's an 'Ash forgot everything he has learned during the last 20 years and has to start over' episode
>>
>>31459582
Or rather 3 years worth of episodes, I suppose
>>
>>31459582
In other words, the usual.
>>
>>31459582
Isn't gen7 Ash basically just a new protagonist at this point?

Why didn't they just make him a new protagonist?
>>
>>31459582
What episode?
>>
>>31459622
Because marketing value retard
>>
>>31459629
What? Do you actually believe people want to see Ash? Kids MIGHT like him, but the excuse the producers use to keep using Ash is that "Kids grow up and stop watching. Each season has its own audience.". If that's the case, no one cares. People who liked Ash already stopped watching.

They replace secondary characters, which arguably more people like, so I don't see the problem with replacing Ash. Using a new protagonists, one more tied with the games and one who's journey WILL end, is a lot better for advertising the games and getting more people interested in the anime.

There's literally no excuse to keep using Ash other than being a complete fucking retard.
>>
>>31459628
All of them
>>
>>31459666
Ash the only Canon, retard
>>
>>31459666
Unlike westerns Ash is very well liked in Japan.
>>
>>31459666
>satan is wrong again
News at 11
>>
>>31459823
>He actually believes that
>>
>>31459666
>Literally will never see ash win a big tournament because the writers are too scared to let him

They are terrified of replacing ash even if he's long past his time.

Best case scenario is they make a series 15 years from now that has ashs kid as the protagonist or something.
>>
>>31459666

Rica matsumoto is the reason, she said ash is like her son
>>
>>31459987
No, the best case scenario is trashnime gets cancelled and we get something more closer to the games.
>>
>>31460014
But generations was garbage
>>
File: pokemon-pepe.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-pepe.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>trAsh

Nintendo, pull a Yu-Gi-Oh and introduce a new protag every other series.
>>
>>31460041
But Pokemon special manga is garbage, everything un Pokémon is
>>
>>31460014
this minus the "closer to the games" part IMO, you guys defend this show because it has Pokemon in the title, but the show is garbage even for what it's supposed to be. If I had to choose between Pokemon or something like Doraemon or Crayon Shin-Chan to show a child the latter would almost always be preferable.
>>
>>31460008
So a fucking voice actor matters more than the fans? That is some real fucking sound logic. No wonder it's such a great anime.
>>
>>31460046
What's wrong with being closer to the games? Right now, the characters, the history and even fucking world and Pokemon themselves are almost nothing like they are in the games. The only reason it's still Pokemon is because they look like Pokemon.
>>
>>31460095
It wouldn't realistically happen. The only people who want a show that's heavily inspired by the games are a loud minority of hardcore fans. Shows like this are ultimately used to market to kids. Just look at the sponsors- music, bread, candy, and toy companies.
>>
>>31459582
For fucks sakes even naruto had 3 time skips in its series.
>>
>>31460129
What? Kids eat up this Pokemon world. What's so different if the world was a bit different? Why wouldn't kids like that?
>>
>>31460132
Naruto is based on a manga with history, Pokemon nothing
>>
>>31460146
You need to clarify what you mean by "more like the games", I guess. Usually when I see people around here suggest things like they basically just want the show to be more "serious" and that doesn't match with the audience they're trying to get.

Also remember they try to grab both male and female viewers so doing a shounen-like show is obviously contradictory to that goal.
>>
>>31459666
The only reason i can think of is voice actor loyalty. Every other collectable franchise anime that's gone on for a comparable amount of time has used the legacy protagonist approach except for Pokemon.
>>
>>31459832
but he is.
>>
>>31459582
Well, if he has already spent 20 years traveling then how come he still is a 10 year old.
>>
>>31460198
that is what happens when you are a little faggot
>>
>>31460198
A joke theory is that he drains youth from the girls he travels with.

That's actually not true. He drains the youth from the kids watching his crappy show.
>>
>>31460168
No, it doesn't have to be serious.
I mean make the world more like the games. Kanto and Johto events have taken place, and their was a 3 year time skip there. Hoenn is/had taken place at the same time as Kanto. Elite 4 battles are a thing, not just a random tournament. Not asking to get rid of tournament, just that E4 should get more attention.
The characters have the personalities and roles of their game counterparts. The battles follow rules set by game, without Shellblades deflecting Solarbeams and asspull transformations. The Trainers in Pokemon League are more serious about what they do, and don't use moves like fucking Cut.

It can still be goofy without being retarded.
>>
>>31460196
Look you faggot, Japan isn't some magical land full of contrarians. The show in English is SHIT. Not even kids watch it. In Japan, it's watched by young kids more than in the west. More people watching it = more people liking it. As far as the ratio of people who hate it and like it goes, it's pretty much the same. If you're going to claim it isn't, give some actual fucking source.
>>
>>31460081
Fans like Rica Matsumoto more than the show itself.
>>
>>31460256
>Asks for source of claims while making his own claims without a source
>>
>>31460309
No, YOU are the one making shit claims without source. The burden of proof is on you. Though I was expecting not understand that and ask for a source in return. Typical Ashfag behavior. Forgets to use his brain from time to time.
>>
>Duragon?

Nigga, are you implying Ash ever learned about Exeggutor having a alternative form in any other region besides Alola?

Besides that, of course Ash will have issues over any new pokemon he comes across, they're pokemon he never owned. Unless someone's there to tell him so, he probably knows jackshit about a pokemon each time he gets one.
>>
>>31460338
Someone's butthurt over his anime being called shit.
>>
>>31460256
My 6 year old nephew watches it, and was ecstatic when he got pokémon shit on Christmas.

The way it is going his 3 year old brother will most likely get sucked in as well.
>>
>the anime gets a new protag each gen from now on
>each of them is worse than Ash could ever be
>b-b-but it's fine because it's not muh Ash
Can't wait.
>>
>>31459666
At this point he's just as big an icon for the franchise as Pikachu.
>>
>>31460463
Literally the manga
>>
>>31460463
>>each of them is worse than Ash could ever be
That is literally impossible to achieve. The only characters worse than Ash over the 20 years have been Serena and Iris, and the BW rivals.
>>
tfw almost all the side characters are forgettable and are empty shells
>>
>>31460510
>tfw all the characters are forgettable and are empty shells
ftfy
>>
My 6 year old niece picked up a volume of PokeSpe from the library because a Pikachu was on the cover. She didn't care the that the human (Yellow) with it was someone she'd never seen.

Think it's safe to get rid of Ash.
>>
>>31460584
clearly the solution is to make the new protag a qt loli girl
>>
>>31460029
never say Generations
>>
>>31460045
What. I never said anything about Special
>>
How have misty and brock aged but not ask?
>>
>>31460229
a-hyuck
>>
>>31462144
Misty was like 12 Brock was 14
>>
Anon you aren't allowed to make fun of SM anime.
>>
I'll take "Shit that Never Happened" for 400, Alex.
>>
>>31462144
He is japanese
>>
Ash hasn't forgotten anything though
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.