[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine if real life was like the anime where any Pokemon could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: pikapika.png (200KB, 428x384px) Image search: [Google]
pikapika.png
200KB, 428x384px
Imagine if real life was like the anime where any Pokemon could be strong if you work with it. Where VGC could be incredibly diverse just like how it is in the anime's leagues.
>>
>>31458305
>Pachirisu
>>
imagine if balance wasn't a thing
>>
>>31458340
>one Pokemon
>>31458341
Fuck you. Out of my thread.
>>
File: 59754513_p0.jpg (874KB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
59754513_p0.jpg
874KB, 868x1228px
>>31458305
Anyone know if there is a gif or webm of this whole scene/dance she does?
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>31458903
There's not many gifs of the Z dances, I've been searching for them and only some are in gif
>>
>>31458340
>thinking Pachirisu was used for anything more than a niche support role
>>
But why would people work with shitmons when they can work with primals.
>>
>>31458955
Okay, thanks. Guess I'll have to try and make some decent ones myself.
>>
File: Pikachu Z Move.webm (3MB, 832x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu Z Move.webm
3MB, 832x500px
>>31458955
Okay, I did Pikachu. I just wish I could find better video sources.
>>
>>31458305

Imagine if you will a roaring stadium full of onlookers for a heated duel between a champion and their rival.

The champion throws out a fearsome Hydreigon from within a luxury ball.

The challenger throws out a trash cloak Burmy who flops over on her side and make a little meeping noise.

The champion is outraged and points for his Pokemon to attack wordlessly.

The dragon roars with it's three mouths and lunges forward with a fury but suddenly reels back in audible pain. The Champion's brows raise in surprise as the Burmy's small form comes into view, pinned to the dragon's front like a lapel.

The Hydreigon falls to it's three faces, unconcsious and drained of fluids.

"Nice Bug Bite, Burmy!"

The Burmy flops over and meeps again.

The Champion sneers and throws out a Talonflame. The falcon screams bloody murder and swoops down with flaming claws.

The Burmy has already moved. It's pointy black head is buried in the Talonflame's chest once proud and thick with flight muscles now concave.

"Wow! Nice Tackle, Burmy!"

Talonflame recalled before it can hit the ground, the Champion sends out a Gengar. It Megaevolves and fires a massive Shadow Ball at the Burmy.

When the haze fades it is revealed to all that Burmy had used Protect. It's shiny black carapace was free of pink insulation and once noticed the Burmy let out a shrill eek, quickly shifting into sandy cloak.

The Mega Gengar moved to attack again only for it's gaze to notice the Burmy missing from the field. It blinked once, then twice, and looked down. There, with it's eyes closed and it's lips pursed lay the Burmy in the small amount of space betwixt the Mega Gengar's front arms. Tears came to the ghost's eyes as orbs of pure uncontrolled power spun to life around the bug's tiny form. Deep down, the Gengar knew this is how it would end.

The Champion roared in dismay as his Gengar was returned to his premier ball and fell to his knees.
>>
>>31458305
And then that one faggot with a team full of legendaries like in DP sweeps through everyone anyway because of >>31459006
>>
>>31459112
"How," Demanded the defeated champion, "How could you be so strong!?"

"I believed in my friend and trained with them through thick and thin until I knew we could be the very best there ever was," The challenger said with a smile on her face. Then the smile was gone but the shape of her face stayed the same, horror shivering to life behind her eyes, "I had hoped you could defeat my friend. Stop them. But it's too late now. I'm so, so sorry."

"What?" The champion queried.

But soon all was blood.
>>
>>31459112
>>31459120
...you get the fuck out of my thread too and take your autism with you...
>>
>>31458341
So pokemon as it is now and has always been?
>>
>>31459139
You start a thread that can only be called autistic and you get mad when people continue to be autistic in said thread?
>>
>>31459139

I thought I wrote something very nice thank you. I think that if you were to really consider the contents therein you would find it to be fitting the thread exactly.

Accept Burmy into your life.
>>
>>31459146
Wanting the meta and games to be somewhat similar to the anime where it's unpredictable and you win with bonds, trust, friendship, and strategy is not really all that autistic. Get the fuck out of my thread.
>>
>>31459146
More autistic than the spreadsheet gameplay that we have today?
>>
>>31459169
It's pretty autistic. Anon. The game is a series of statistics and equations, that is how it has to be to work. The game contrives these as friendship/training/trust whatever, but it's all just numbers. Unpredictability and ambiguous power levels based on arbitrary concepts is the opposite of the strategy you want from such a thing. What your describing is a fanciful dream spurred by your autism. That's fine, just don't get mad and tell people to get out of "your thread" when you're the one who is actually retarded.
>>
>>31459194
There's more than Pokemon than just 1s and 0s, asshole. Hell, IVs were made to make every Pokemon unique before competitivefags ruined everything. Why don't you think about that when you leave my thread too.
>>
>>31459308
You're right, because IVs are numbered 0-31. I get that you want the game to reflect the anime, but you don't even understand what that means. Go play pretend with the kindergartners and you can be Mewtwo and they can be their favorite pokemon and you can make up the rules as you go. Pokemon is a real game with real systems, and if you don't like it get the fuck out of MY thread.
>>
File: ZqjqbxH.png (364KB, 652x2023px) Image search: [Google]
ZqjqbxH.png
364KB, 652x2023px
>>31459326
>Pokemon is a real game with real systems
Pic very related. This the shit we HAVE to avoid.
It's pathetic and makes us look like a laughing stock.
>>
>>31459339
Why do we need to avoid it? Because you don't like it? Do you understand that even if the teams are structured similarly they don't share the same movesets, EV spreads, or strategies? Do you actually play competitive?

What makes "us" look like a laughing stock are kids who say shit like "WHAT IF THE GAME WERE LIKE DA ANIME!?11?"
>>
File: 626254.png (420KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
626254.png
420KB, 852x480px
>>31459360
But wouldn't you rather have a vast variety of mons with all sorts of different movesets? Mons that actually stand out? Not like it is now where you select a UB and Tapu and press the win button...
>>
>>31458305
But it wouldn't really mean much, then. The diverse teams would just fall. There would be no level cap, so only a select few, exceptional great at Training, would stand out. It will have nothing to do with friendship and such, it would a place where only raw talent mattered, and normal people can't even try to get close it.
>>
>>31459385
Are you implying none of those mons stand out? Having some of the best movepools and abilities in the game? It seems like Pokemon isn't the game for you, or if it is just stick to playing with your friends or sticking to Smogon rules if you want better balance. I just fail to see the point of this thread. You want a more balanced game, but you haven't offered any means of producing it. Competition by definition means that you use the best strategies possible. That's how it is. There exist ways of countering any given strategy, and a lot of the pokemon who can act as niche supports or counter aren't used frequently. So part of it lies on the lack of creativity of the players. So if you're so determined, go and discover the new meta. Otherwise it means nothing outside of this very silly thread.
>>
>>31459339
>This the shit we HAVE to avoid
Well, you CAN avoid it. It's just that those who don't will beat you.
>>
File: 1098905_1401022090359_452_256.jpg (39KB, 452x256px) Image search: [Google]
1098905_1401022090359_452_256.jpg
39KB, 452x256px
But real life is just like the anime.
>>
>>31459085
>Picks up The Pika
>I love you and you're cool
>Chucks into the enemy
Looks so damn funny to me.
>>
DODGE IT!!!
>>
>>31459339
EVERY fucking competitive game has a working strategy a lot of people will use, with only a few outliers using more obscure ones.
>>
The way Pokémon battle system works simply doesn't support viability for hundreds upon hundres of critters. Just the fact that Speed alone already eliminates a lo of possibly viable options. Couple that with the fact that attacks don't have things like range and that there's a limited number of possible effects and the result is the game we have.
Arguably, the best way to make a monster based game fully balanced would be making it something akin to a Super Robot Wars (like Conquest) or even as a roguelike (like Mystery Dungeon). A fighting game like Pokkén kinda of works too since there's FAR more variation on what a Pokémon can and cannot do.
My point is: the best way to balance Pokémon would be giving the game a map where the battles take place and making Pokémon capable of moving on that map. With this, you can actually make use of even useless shit like Watchog since you could make it have some "alert" skill that revealed enemies at range. Hell, even Ice types could be useful if you went full Russia with them and made a huge hail zone and just kept retreating while enemies are slowly taken apart by the weather.
>>
>>31459997
>Just the fact that Speed alone already eliminates a lo of possibly viable options
This is only true after they went pants on head retarded with the powercreep in gen 3.

Gen 4 giving high power STAB to everyone just rubbed salt in the wound.
>>
>>31459339
>using shit almost two years old to prove a point

Pathetic.
>>
>>31458305
>Speed stat is nothing since movement is active
>HP replaced with strength of will
>Types are still a thing.

Of course then you'd have to battle with bullshit like Counter Shield and dodging-by-dance in mind.
>>
File: tumblr_ohoy4u6q9j1rpn9eno1_1280.jpg (59KB, 720x652px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohoy4u6q9j1rpn9eno1_1280.jpg
59KB, 720x652px
>>31462646
>>
>>31458305
Running with this idea, if every Pokemon could reach max stats with training, and the only things that mattered were
>Type
>Move pool
>Abilities
What would be the best Pokemon?
>>
>>31462873
Toxapex

Not even joking
>>
>>31462684
Thanks, anon. I was looking for a recent pic.
>>
>>31458305
So, my Darkrai will be able to tank a STAB Guts-boosted Megahorn?
>>
>>31462925
No because you're a bad trainer.
>>
>>31462684
That is still old desu
>>
>>31462873
Anything with Huge Power could level mountains.
>>
>>31458305
>Where VGC could be incredibly diverse
>local grand finales are legendaryfag vs. waifufag
>regional grand finales are legendaryfag vs. waifufag
>national grand finales are legendaryfag vs. waifufag
>word championship grand finales are legendaryfag vs waifufag
>>
Imagine if scrubs shut the fuck up and stopped commenting on competitive play in games when they don't understand it at all
>>
>>31462957
All three of them.
>>
>>31462684
this was super early meta kek, most of these mons are hardly even used anymore.
>>
>>31459169
>Get the fuck out of my thread
You sound like a whiny child lol
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.