[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw randomly started feeling nostalgic for the RSE days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 20

File: ruby-sapphire.jpg (82KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
ruby-sapphire.jpg
82KB, 470x235px
>tfw randomly started feeling nostalgic for the RSE days
Anyone else?
I was listening to this and all the memories starting flooding back.
https://youtu.be/6hGWPmW4OxI
>>
>>31450956
Abso-fuckin-lutely not. There were the lean years for the franchise. I was in high school and had to pretend to not like kiddy games. The internet community had just really been started and wasn't nearly as robust or a creative as the Gen 4 days. It also didn't help that GSC had a longer game than RSE. Lastly, Gen 3 was the generation we were stuck in the longest. It was tough going through those years.
>>
>>31450956
>tfw still remember when it was gen 3
>didn't even consider they would ever add new pokemon and things, let alone that they would keep doing it
>just thought "This is pokemon. These 300+ pokemon are the franchise"
>tfw those were the good old days when pokemon was allowed to be life
>now adding more mons just feels like standard procedure and each gen is just another phase. Mere months after one starts I'm already waiting for the next one
>these are the bad new days where pokemon isn't allowed to be anything but my own confined bubble of autism
>tfw will never not feel empty no matter how much fun i have with the new aditions or even when trying to relive old games because of that
Pretty abstract desu
>>
>>31451160
>>now adding more mons just feels like standard procedure and each gen is just another phase. Mere months after one starts I'm already waiting for the next one
Damn...
>>
>>31451152
wow it's not our fault you're so insecure
>>
>>31450956
Thanks God I've still having my Sapphire version, now I just need a new GBA SP or DS Lite.
>>
>>31450956
>tfw I had a crush on RSE May
>>
>>31451152
this. it's absolutely true what the dude says.

I'm not nostalgic for a game that was too "clean" for its own good.

the safari zone was especially lackluster. at least the soundtrack was good.
>>
File: wingull.png (27KB, 738x194px) Image search: [Google]
wingull.png
27KB, 738x194px
>>31450956
Fuck no, OP is a faggot

Who the fuck has nostalgia for encountering wingull and pellipper on every fucking route
>>
>>31451791
I do
>>
File: lilycove.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lilycove.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
>>31450956
Yes, but only because Emerald was my first pokemon game when I was like 7.

I remember taking my gameboy advance sp literally everywhere, and I dont think mine was back lit so it was aids.
>>
File: IMG_6595.png (2MB, 1061x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6595.png
2MB, 1061x1500px
No. Hoenn was a garbage region and Gen III was a garbage gen that almost killed the franchise. Fortunately, DP saved us and started off the best gen of the franchise. :)
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 125x125px
>>31450956
>Route 113
Absolutely excellent taste my friend

But I can't really feel nostalgic for RSE since I replay the games very often. For me it really feels like gen 3 never left. If there is anything I'm nostalgic about in gen 3 it's, oddly enough, gen 3 anime openings (love me some Challenger, Advanced Battle and the movie opening themes) and the Emerald Battle Frontier (stopped playing it shortly after Plat came out). Everyday I wish they'd make a modern variant of Emerald's Frontier with all the neat improvements they added over the years (like the MUCH faster breeding and EV training).
>>
File: Hoenn_Route_119_RS.png (237KB, 640x2240px) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn_Route_119_RS.png
237KB, 640x2240px
>>31450956
>this fucking route
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevM1Nu871E
>>
>>31453407
Honestly the one that comes after it is way crazier. It's so freaking long it had to be seperated into 2 different parts, or even 4 seeing as you can also detour south to reach Mt Pyre and Route 123.

God I love RSE.
>>
File: kaiji cryji.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji cryji.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>31450956
I just knew it was Route 113. It's honestly one of the most bittersweet, powerful songs in Pokemon, which is shocking given the GBA's soundchip. Gets me every time, reminds me of happy youth.
>>
>>31451160
Dunno I've been waiting for all the new Pokémon since gen1.

I'm still not satisfied by their numbers.
>>
File: stu.jpg (20KB, 559x568px) Image search: [Google]
stu.jpg
20KB, 559x568px
>>31451160
>gen 3 came out 14 years ago
>pokemon was still considered a fad and was "dying" back then
we're all getting old
>>
>>31451152
>gen 3 was bad because I was in high school and had to pretend to not like kiddy games
Every fucking time.
>>
>>31451754
>the safari zone was especially lackluster
Better than Dppt, and most recent games (+GSC) don't ever have a safari zone anymore. (They choose to replace it with fun content like the Pokeplaza, or the pokestar studios haha ^^)
>>
First pokemon game I'm playing for real.
This dude asks me what I think of my magikarp and later I watch the TV and get 81 whoselineisitanyway points for this
Sapphire 10/10 gotyey
>>
>The best gen

Nah m8, you're not alone. Something about the music is really capturing. I've played every Gen since 1 since I was a kid but for some reason Gen3 is the most nostalgic for me.
>>
A lot of people complain about the abundance of water, but I absolutely loved the amount of exploration and treasure hunting especially thanks to the Dive.
I spent countless afternoons finding new secrets and there always seemed to be more.
>>
gen 3 was the best!! BEST!!
>>
File: 1435361027437.png (32KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
1435361027437.png
32KB, 200x199px
>>31450956
RSE was probably the Gen where I was least into Pokémon since it stopped being "cool," and didn't become "cool" again until HGSS came out in high school. I honestly don't have much nostalgia for Gen 3 even though I did still buy the games.

I only really developed an appreciation for Emerald when I replayed it in anticipation of the trainwreck that was ORAS.

Swampert became my favorite starter the instant I played Sapphire, though.
>>
>>31450956
>tfw pokemon spinoffs will never be as numerous and high quality as they were in Gen 3 and 4
>Blue and Red Rescue Team
>Exploreres of Time/Darkness/Sky
>Colloseum and XD
>Ranger Trilogy
>>
>>31451160
>now adding more mons just feels like standard procedure and each gen is just another phase
I'd actually be thrilled for a new gen that just added new megas/forms/whatever rather than new Dex-numbered mons.
>>
>>31452689
Gen IV was worse than Gen VI.
>>
>>31451731
I thought that was intended. May was created to be the ultimate waifu
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1661x1156px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1661x1156px
>>31454007
>14 years ago
I still think Ruby/Sapphire came out 7 years ago
>>
>>31450956
I don't feel nostalgic for the RSE days. For me, they will always be the games that ruined Pokemon.
>>
File: 1.jpg (89KB, 800x759px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
89KB, 800x759px
>>31456777
Lol shut the fuck up. Talking down to the king of gens like that.
>>
File: IMG_2388.jpg (11KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2388.jpg
11KB, 255x197px
>>31457297
>>
>>31451160
this post made me feel.
>still remember RSE af if it's yesterday
>suddenly realize how long ago it was
>OP's music is playing

why live
>>
File: casual fishing.gif (208KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
casual fishing.gif
208KB, 500x333px
Best gen 3 Hoenn rom hacks? Sapphire was my first game so the gen 3 look has a special place in my heart but I could go for something new.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>31453407
>the routes around Fortree
>my friends and I all had secret bases
>we pretended to live there
>we always took our GBA's with us

Can't believe I had so much fun playing with such a small amount of content
>>
File: when it hits.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
when it hits.gif
1MB, 480x270px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVrafnnu0Y
>>
>>31450956
Nah, I only feel nostalgia for gen I and II. Gen III, in my opinion, is when Pokemon became "modern" if that makes any sense. I absolutely love the gen though, it's really underrated.
>>
>>31450956
I remember these games being kind of boring compared to Silver and Platinum. Like there were few cool puzzle areas and it seemed very linear, go here and do the gym, go here and do the next gym, and Team Aqua will block your path every now and then. There wasn't a lot of 'go get this thing before you can do the gym'. I am probably not remembering right but it just felt very dry. I do like the new pokemon in those games though.
>>
>>31450956
RS made me fall in love with the series all over again. Everyone I knew had quit the games after Pokemania was over and I was left alone going into the 3rd Gen. Playing Pokemon on the GBA was amazing. The new Pokemon were fresh and colorful, the whole game looked beautiful, the music was wonderful and it was packed with so much new stuff I knew I would never be away from the franchise ever again.

It's sad that the 3DS era of Pokemon hasn't been that great. 3D was a mistake; for sure the series could survive being the 2D sprite battle game it always was.
>>
File: 1484106754137.gif (734KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1484106754137.gif
734KB, 500x277px
>>31450956
Gen 3 wasn't even my first gen, but there's just something about it that resonates with me. The atmosphere, the sprites, the region, it's all such a comfy experience that I always end up coming back to.

I've played and emulated RSE so much that I know them like the back of my hand. It's definitely up there with Red/Blue and Fallout as some of my most played games.

>>31451160
This post made me feel things I didn't even know I felt.
>>
>>31457791
Gen 3 did feel fresh, it wasn't just the games, the anime also made an effort to seem new and different. The graphics were a big upgrade and it had one of the best batches of new mons. Gen 2 just kind of felt like a continuation of Gen 1 in a lot of ways but Gen 3 really felt like they were trying to reinvigorate the franchise.
>>
>Want to catch 'em all
>Need Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Colosseum, XD

I'll never miss the pre-online days.
>>
>>31457853
>XD

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>31450956
>no backwards compatibility with gen 2
>gameplay was somewhat weaker compared with gen 2
>shortest gameplay in the series
>Firered and Leafgreen didn't really improve it much
>Little to no postgame until Emerald is released
>fucking Gamecube games
Gen 3 is >>>/trash/
>>
>>31457853
>even then, you still need to get event legendaries
>tfw remember begging my mom to go to the 2004 Deoxys event at the celebration in Seattle (I live in WA state) only to be denied since we were dirt poor (still am to some extent)
>>
>Those who quit in Gen III and say they came back in Gen IV are the original GOfags and equally as cancerous
Prove me wrong
>>
>>31450956
Not really. I was never a big fan of Hoenn. I'm feeling more nostalgic for Fire Red, Pearl, and Colosseum these days.

>>31451152
>I was in high school and had to pretend to not like kiddy games.
Why? Most of my friends enjoyed playing Pokémon. Hell, one of my high school friends got me into the card game and when we weren't battling in game, we played the card game.
>>
File: World_of_Games.jpg (800KB, 871x4890px) Image search: [Google]
World_of_Games.jpg
800KB, 871x4890px
>>31453532
Reminds me of my days playing Ruby getting comfy in my secret base that was on Route 113. Or watching the Advanced anime with no care in the world or no responsibilities.
>>
RSE music a best, god damn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00fY1guhC_0
>>
>>31454591
>>I was in high school and had to pretend to not like kiddy games
If anything that made them better for me honestly. Felt almost like a taboo to play them and made them 'seem' better than they actually were. Gen 3 is my fav gen btw I was in middle school at the time, but the concept was the same for me
>>
>>31450956
I listened to Deoxys's theme yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w12R_PmXHEM
>>
>>31450956
As a johtoddler, I probably played gen 3 the most between Firered, Emerald, and the gamecube games. Then I always felt like gen 3 didn't have the wow factor that gen 2 had, since they removed a couple of the cool features that were in gen 2 like the day/night and weekly cycles.
I remember being pretty hyped about DP because they put a lot of that kind of stuff back in, and honestly I had way more fun with gen 4, even with just Sinnoh.
>>
Gen 3 really nailed late/midgame I feel (though to be fair, a couple of gens do well in this regard.) The enemy teams are taking over the region and you finally have the strength to completely overtrhow them, and the whole thing feels like an intense on-off civil war. It doesn't feel right taking on the final two gyms and next few routes of trainers, because you just destroyed multiple, maximum security gang facilities and caught a legendary pokemon or two, and you just want to do it all again; you gain a bloodlust for that side of the game and the game suddenly shifts back to normal, as if to remind you who you're supposed to be. It's a lot to take in because they actually shift the tone back to normal before the game is over and everything you just experienced makes you feel like you've outgrown being a normal trainer and it feels weird being one again.

I really, really like when pokemon games do this for some reason.
>>
>>31450956
Hoenn probably had the best regional dex. A good mix of old and new.
>>
File: 1474439204384.png (361KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474439204384.png
361KB, 750x750px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lEVphLiFqs
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.